FORD HATERS, or is it just me?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2003, 09:53   #1 (permalink)
is FORD....is GOOD!

Question FORD HATERS, or is it just me??

OK Fellas forgive me for bitchin' all week, must be that time of month :)

Anyways, was just curious to know if anyone gets really DIRTY looks when they drive there BA.

I mean, two nights back my car gets egged, and everywhere i drive people look at me as if i have committed a crime. I dont get it, i really dont. And too top it all off, this really pisses me off, WHY THE HELL IS IT WHEN I DRIVE UP NEAR ANOTHER XR8 they give you the worst look of all or bad mouth you.

Take for example tonight, i seen a black xr8, me driving near him on a road plagued with redlights i didnt feel the need to shift higher then 2nd to which his friend hangs out the window and yells out "Doesnt your clutchwork D***head??

I dont get it guys i mean seriously, Im so fed up with vehicle rivalry, are people meant to apologise for owning the same car or owning a car in general??

I have the plates ITSOVR (its over) on my car, I dont give attitude what so ever to anyone on the road, i just like the plates and boy, i tell ya what the crap people hang on me and the car just puts me right off.

I dunno, your oppinions please

Kodar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2003, 13:48   #2 (permalink)
Four cylinders short...

Re: FORD HATERS, or is it just me??

Well, ITSOVR on a brand new flash car is a bit of a wank IMHO. Also ur bound to be resented, young bloke in a flash car. Never had a problem in my old boy's BA ute either.

In my car, which is also a Ford, I get nothing but waves, beeps and smiles. And old blokes coming up and saying, "Oooh, I remember back in the day..." Worst ya get is Holden fellas who smile as they give ya the "Bloody Fords!" shout, but nothin bad.
Always brings a smile to my face :)

BTW, how did you afford such a car?
Old 08-15-2003, 16:34   #3 (permalink)

supercharge it, then they won't have anything to say :D
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
Old 08-15-2003, 16:37   #4 (permalink)
RACE

Never heard of anything like that, just positive responses and stares!
Old 08-15-2003, 16:38   #5 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Yes, I think your custom plates are not helping the situation. What you put on your plates can quiet often reflect on your perceived attitude.

Sounds to me that you do not have that attitude, just love your car and lets face it, your are responding to, if not challenging all Holden. if not all other performance car owners.

As they say, if youre going to pull it out, you better be prepared to use it! I recommend you change your plates if this is really bothering you.

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
Old 08-15-2003, 16:39   #6 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Re: Re: FORD HATERS, or is it just me??

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
supercharge it, then they won't have anything to say :D
Or what he said.. :s6:

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
Old 08-15-2003, 17:41   #7 (permalink)
AKA: Spaniard

I've read your other thread and personally I think it's your number plates. What's on plate shows that person's personality and attitude towards other people and cars. I would either get new plates or stick with the normal issued ones.
Old 08-15-2003, 18:14   #8 (permalink)
****in Flat Out Racing

Thumbs down

Number plates for sure dude. No matter what car they were on, you are asking for it. Rightly or wrongly, people judge other drivers based on their numberplate to some degree. Most would assume a guy driving a car with "ITSOVR" to be a bit of a wanker. No offence implied dude.
Old 08-15-2003, 18:49   #9 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

I'm a young guy driving a new XR8 and I get nothing but envious looks. Seems like everyone wants to have a good look as you go past. As for the people you are talking about it seems like their just jealous.
Old 08-15-2003, 23:13   #10 (permalink)
one day.......maybe

Feel really sorry 4 u mate. So what if your number plate says ITSOVR, that gives no reason for a bunch of jealous dickheads to egg your car or touch it in any other way. Shit like this really pisses me off.
doesn't just happen to fords either. gf finally sorted out insurance to get her VX crapodore repainted ($1600) after some wanker keyed it. Friend still waiting for his WRX to get repainted after the same happened to him. Both these cars were done up a bit, but after working their arses off they deserve to enjoy themselves and not hav to worry that some total **** head will touch their car.
hope the damage to your car ain't too bad and they catch the pricks that did this, beat the crap out of them and then destroy everything they have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons