Ford Forums banner

Fpv Badges

7K views 38 replies 21 participants last post by  paulhowes 
#1 ·
Anyone know where i can buy FPV badges for my BA XR6 ute??

#8 ·
GT badges are different tho.

ITs going back to the days of the tickford product. I have a tickford product with factory wings, doesnt mean i dont have RESPECT for guys who buy GLI EFs and put a nice set of mags and wings on their car...

Screw the people who think its gay, dont like it then buy an M3 or M5, the same thing will happen.....

#9 ·
what the hell is everyones problem with badges and wheels and body kits. if someone wants to do something to their car then they can without anyones critisim. grow up, stop whinging and bitching about it and get off your high horses coz you think only your official car should wear these badges/ wheels/ kits.
unless you are part owner of the car then just shut up and if you must say something in a thread then how about helping by answering the question with a helpful answer.
i dont seem to remember andy_351 asking if you like it or not, or whether he should go get a bonnet scoop too, or even if he should do it or not, or if its even sacriledge to do so.
there are numerous threads you can go whinge in that were specifically started so you could state YOUR opinion on if its right to do these changes or not. however this thread isnt one of them so simply if you dont like the idea of the badges on the ute then dont reply. its that simple.

#10 ·
I have heard that people have tried to get hold of bonnets with bulges and stripes and that FPV are not allowing it any longer, for anything other than for GTs. I am not sure if this applies to the badges or not. FPV dealers would know, best bet is to just ring and ask.

#11 ·
XRchic said:
I have heard that people have tried to get hold of bonnets with bulges and stripes and that FPV are not allowing it any longer, for anything other than for GTs. I am not sure if this applies to the badges or not. FPV dealers would know, best bet is to just ring and ask.
If you have lotsa money and a nice parts guy with a GT at the dealership which can be used for the VIN numbers then you'll get what you need.

#12 ·
FPV TURBO said:
If you have lotsa money and a nice parts guy with a GT at the dealership which can be used for the VIN numbers then you'll get what you need.
Cool, I didnt realise that. Funny story recently - a friend with a GT went to order his stripes, and was told that because he is not a GT owner, they wouldnt let him have them! He had to prove to them he owned a GT! As you say, it depends on who you know! He he.

#14 ·
the question was fair enough, plenty of people around the place have FPV badges on XR8 sedans, there were two at work actually, one with the FPV badge the same as the GT up the side and the other with the FPV badge above the indicator. At the end of the day the XR's were originally still an FPV product, and those that have sunroofs etc still do actually go thru FPV....

#15 ·
so do the BOSS engines, as in they are built by FPV. Not sure about the I6T, but most likely. Personally putting an FPV badge (Not GT badge etc.) on an BA XR8 or T6 seem half justified if that's your thing, since FPV have had a large part to play in their existance.

#17 ·
CDAA said:
Not sure about the I6T, but most likely.
FPV developed the XR6T but it's engine is built with the standard I6s. After it's mated to the car they are shipped to the FPV factory floor to have the intercoolers mounted.

andy_351,

It's your car and your money, you do whatever turns you on. Don't worry about what is said on here :angel:

#18 ·
davway said:
what the hell is everyones problem with badges and wheels and body kits. if someone wants to do something to their car then they can without anyones critisim. grow up, stop whinging and bitching about it and get off your high horses coz you think only your official car should wear these badges/ wheels/ kits.
unless you are part owner of the car then just shut up and if you must say something in a thread then how about helping by answering the question with a helpful answer.
i dont seem to remember andy_351 asking if you like it or not, or whether he should go get a bonnet scoop too, or even if he should do it or not, or if its even sacriledge to do so.
there are numerous threads you can go whinge in that were specifically started so you could state YOUR opinion on if its right to do these changes or not. however this thread isnt one of them so simply if you dont like the idea of the badges on the ute then dont reply. its that simple.
I agree with you to a certain extent, his car he can do what he wants and it could even look great. I think most FPV dealers will sell them. The other day I saw a riced up Excel with holden v8 badges on the sides, what do you think of this?

#19 ·
Thats wasnt an excel thats the new commodore!! Yes it is all really odd, badge wise, the new typhoon is a xr6turbo enhanced, but the XRs both 6 & 8, I feel should have the FPV badging. In the latest edition fo "Blueprint" they have a write up of the XR6 history, so this is FPV publication so they do take the credit for the XR's, so why not stick the FPV badge on them????? at least one, I feel..

#20 ·
Marketing noboundries.

Its the reason why Tickford was dropped, they tried and failed to create an upper market brand with FTE so they have essentially copied Holden/HSV and moved the XR models under the Ford banner, dropped FTE/Tickford due to there associations with failure/XR's models and created FPV exclusively for the premium vehicles.

#22 ·
Kieron said:
Marketing noboundries.

Its the reason why Tickford was dropped, they tried and failed to create an upper market brand with FTE so they have essentially copied Holden/HSV and moved the XR models under the Ford banner, dropped FTE/Tickford due to there associations with failure/XR's models and created FPV exclusively for the premium vehicles.
Tickford wasn't dropped, it was bought out and renamed by Prodrive. Failed marketing had nothing to do with it.

#23 ·
BOON250 said:
while your there might as well price up a bonnet with a bulge too :AAHHH:
I can get the CF one for you cheaper from a Ford dealer will do a real one :angel:

On the badges, lately it seems you can get a lot of FPV stuff over the counter with no dramas if you're prepared to pony up for their rediculou$ RRP.

#24 ·
Jamie XR6 said:
Tickford wasn't dropped, it was bought out and renamed by Prodrive. Failed had nothing to do with it.
What I said was FTE failed, this was an attempt to differentiate the premium models from the XR's. If FTE was a success then it may have stayed around for the BA series GT,GTP, Persuit and soon Typhoon.

To be 100% clear, the Tickford name was dropped, everything under it remained as per Tickford. It wasn't bought out, the 51% of Tickford owned by TVE was sold to Prodrive, this introduced a worldwide established racing enterprise to the premium range and of course a way for a Ford 'factory' race team.

This is similar to the very succesful Holden/HSV/TWR arrangement.

#25 ·
CDAA said:
They do actually. I 'really' small FPV logo on the engine id plate for the XR8 anyway...lol
Hey CDAA, i was curious about this and had a look today and couldnt locate it ? Where bouts in the bay is the engine ID plate ?
thanx mate.

#26 ·
I'm pretty sure you can by the "GT" pack now which gives you:

stripe package
GT front and rear bumpers
GT rear wing
FPV badges
FPV front grilles
starter button on dash
starter button keyring (for pub bragging rights)

The bulge bonnet is optional but highly recomended to retain authenticty.

Apparently these packs can be retrofitted to any XT BA Falcon to give that true authentic GT look just like the XY replicas.

Ford Part number is poormansGTpack4U

LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.