Fpv’s F6 Gets More Six Appeal - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2005, 15:25   #1 (permalink)
***** Idiot....
 
LunaticSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: The Sticks of Central TX
Posts: 10,561
Fpv’s F6 Gets More Six Appeal

Ford Performance Vehicles has today confirmed it will wide its choice to customers with an optional six-speed automatic transmission available for the first time on the turbo-charged F6 Typhoon and F6 Tornado with the introduction of the new-look BF FPV range in October.

FPV will be the first Australian high-performance manufacturer to offer a six-speed automatic transmission. The state-of-the-art new ZF 6HP26 gearbox, which features multiple driving modes and a number of innovative driving and safety features, will be available as an option on all FPV models: the quad cam Boss 290 V8-powered GT, GT-P, Pursuit and Super Pursuit and the F6 Typhoon and F6 Tornado with the turbo-charged and intercooled F6 270 Turbo engine.

As was the case with the re-engineering of the Tremec T56 six-speed manual, the ZF six-speed automatic transmission has been tailored to suit the unique driving conditions and customer demands of the Australian high-performance vehicle market.

“The introduction of a world-class six-speed automatic specifically suited to our conditions continues to build on our credentials as creating high-performance vehicles using the very latest, class-leading technology,” said David Flint, Managing Director of Ford Performance Vehicles.

“I am positive this will be an outstanding success.”

Ford Performance Vehicles will release full details of its BF range at the Sydney Motor Show on October 13.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-16-2005, 19:32   #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
RAVEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,562
Re: Fpv’s F6 Gets More Six Appeal

does ford bring out any wild turbos in the states?
RAVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 22:23   #3 (permalink)
Screw hyundai.get a mitsu
 
Fte_by_Ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Hervey Bay
Age: 28
Posts: 90
Re: Fpv’s F6 Gets More Six Appeal

So a BF, hmm could cope with that..least it ain't just a number.
fte
__________________
Now drives Magna..
Fte_by_Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 23:57   #4 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 55
Re: Fpv’s F6 Gets More Six Appeal

There'd be plenty out there that didn't buy a typhoon cause it wasn't an auto. I know, sounds crazy, but if I'd come home with a manual typhoon (after the debacle with the manual SP23), I'd be in the dog house.
bobski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 16:38   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Age: 34
Posts: 163
Re: Fpv’s F6 Gets More Six Appeal

just the fpv range getting the 6 auto , how bout the other cars xr6/t - xr8 fairmont/ghia

fairlane range/LTD of course

do u know?
freddykingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 18:41   #6 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 36
Re: Fpv’s F6 Gets More Six Appeal

long wheelbase, fairmont ghia, xr6t, xr8 and fpv get the 6-speed. the rest make-do with a revised 4-speed, although apparently the v8 xt, futura and fairmont get the ZF box too...
__________________
The HSV...may not visually mirror the HRT cars, but it is a statement. Then again, so is 'I'm trying too hard'.
XYGTHOPhase3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 20:22   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,927
Re: Fpv’s F6 Gets More Six Appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski
There'd be plenty out there that didn't buy a typhoon cause it wasn't an auto. I know, sounds crazy, but if I'd come home with a manual typhoon (after the debacle with the manual SP23), I'd be in the dog house.
What was wrong with the SP23? I am interested cause I just bought one, last week. My first choice would have been a 6 speed auto XR6 T any day, but I can't justify the extra cost, extra insurance and huge fuel bill.
__________________
1978 XC Fairmont GXL, Emerald green, Jade Int. 351C, 750 VAC, C10, 9" LSD
Air, steer, power windows................
xcgxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 21:27   #8 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 55
Re: Fpv’s F6 Gets More Six Appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcgxl
What was wrong with the SP23? I am interested cause I just bought one, last week. My first choice would have been a 6 speed auto XR6 T any day, but I can't justify the extra cost, extra insurance and huge fuel bill.
The SP23 - I loved it. The missus didn't because she doesn't like manuals. She can drive one, just doesn't like it *shrug* - she pays half the bills... and I sorta like her .

The only problem I had with the SP23 hatch (and for this I'd look for the next mazda 3 model), is that it had a noisy ride (i've heard they're fixing this). Other than that, its the best small car I test drove and was terric fun in the twisties... Just a tad more power and it'd be there... That said, I'd look at the VW golf diesel too (different image though) and if your budget can stretch VW GTI (if you can stand those tartan seats).

On a side note, the insurance on my XR6T is the same as the SP23 ($800 per year, youngest nominated driver 23F, agreed value of $45k).
bobski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 21:36   #9 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,927
Re: Fpv’s F6 Gets More Six Appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski
The SP23 - I loved it. The missus didn't because she doesn't like manuals. She can drive one, just doesn't like it *shrug* - she pays half the bills... and I sorta like her .

The only problem I had with the SP23 hatch (and for this I'd look for the next mazda 3 model), is that it had a noisy ride (i've heard they're fixing this). Other than that, its the best small car I test drove and was terric fun in the twisties... Just a tad more power and it'd be there... That said, I'd look at the VW golf diesel too (different image though) and if your budget can stretch VW GTI (if you can stand those tartan seats).

On a side note, the insurance on my XR6T is the same as the SP23 ($800 per year, youngest nominated driver 23F, agreed value of $45k).
They might have fixed the noisy ride already, mines a July '05 build fresh off boat, but my old Pulsar had noisy G grids, lol. Metro Sydney is real expensive for insurance. I thought any car with a Turbo was very expensive. I know a WRX is $2000 dearer then a normal Subaru cause I checked.
__________________
1978 XC Fairmont GXL, Emerald green, Jade Int. 351C, 750 VAC, C10, 9" LSD
Air, steer, power windows................
xcgxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 16:03   #10 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 55
Re: Fpv’s F6 Gets More Six Appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcgxl
They might have fixed the noisy ride already, mines a July '05 build fresh off boat, but my old Pulsar had noisy G grids, lol. Metro Sydney is real expensive for insurance. I thought any car with a Turbo was very expensive. I know a WRX is $2000 dearer then a normal Subaru cause I checked.
Yep, I'm out in Penrith which is supposed to be way up there for car theft, but for some reason, the XR6T falls into a different bracket with insurance. I looked at insurance for a WRX and it was about $2500. Although, I decided that I didn't like it, went like stink, but it felt too small for the money I was going to lay out.... And I'm not sure that I'd like my fiance driving it around on her own in a WRX - too many F***wits in Sydney. At least with the XR6T I've debadged it and it just looks "John Howard".

I think the SP23 sedan is quieter than the hatch - however - if yours is only brand new - it might take 10000 k's under its belt before you notice it. I didn't buy mine brand new because I wanted one there and then (do you get the feeling I lose sensibility when I walk into a car yard?), so it may have been quieter when it was new. However, going from a pulsar to a 3 would be chalk and cheese too, so every drive to you might be like symphony orchestra playing in the background... :) But you could be right and they have fixed it (hopefully with no extra weight!).

One thing I was thinking about that I do really miss was the frugalness of the SP23. If I thrashed the living bejebus out of mine, it'd push 9.5 litres per 100kms, but driven fairly normally, returned mid 7's. Gosh I miss that! My trip computer now rarely gets below 15's :(
bobski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 21:19.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.