fuel consumption in XR6 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2004, 04:10   #1 (permalink)

fuel consumption in XR6

Have just purchased ba xr6 ute. Mercury silver with blue seats. premiun sound system and auto. Very happy with quality of car. Have owned V6 Jap cars for 10 years. I have a couple of question for other xr6 owners
1. Excess heat in cabin Having to put a/c on in 10 deg at 6 am in morning.
2. Fuel economey. currently running at 8.3 klms per ltr or roughly 24miles per gallon on combined highway/city travel will this get better.

My 2001 nissan Maxima got better fuel ecomey after 10000 klms

Overall I am very happ with my purchase and my father who drives bmw's, and nissan maximas is going out next week to order a xr6 sedan with luxury pack

thank you
smokinjoesxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2004, 18:13   #2 (permalink)

Re: fuel consumption in XR6

SmokinJoe,
Although I am yet to pick up my XR6 ute, I have driven a number of auto BA falcons - with the same engine obviously. Not sure about your excess heat in the cabin, but can offer some advice on fuel.

From countless posts in the past, people have definately said their Fords get better and better fuel ecomony the more k's they do. Going by the format litres per 100 k's - used by the car's trip computer - your current figures equate to around 12lt/100 k's. From what I hear, that is perfectly acceptable for a brand new car.

I did a 4 hour round trip in one yesterday (it had 10,000 + k's on it) and it averaged 8 litres/100k's. Which is VERY good. Note: that was a calculation done myself by using the kilometres I travelled and how many litres it took to fill back up when I returned. The computer was saying about 9.5lt/100k's... but it nearly always overstates the actual fuel used.

Hope this helps.
TJS-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 19:28   #3 (permalink)

TJS-81

Thank you for your reply. My calculations came out at 12l/100klms. This was done by distance travelled = 511 klms x100 divided by fuel used = 61.41 ltrs. This was 25 % town 75% highway. The car is babied and after it is run in like you say I should expect better figures.

Thank you for your reply
smokinjoe
smokinjoesxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 19:40   #4 (permalink)

Thats good figures for the XR 6 ute ,wish mine could do that but then its a GT with the big Boss in it, i'm averaging around 16-19 lt/100ks. but they are fun to drive so im not complaining because you have to expect this from a 5.4 V8
Cheers John

"FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria"
If you have an XR6, XR8, T-Series or FPV vehicle (GTs) why not join.
Motorsport,Show n Shine,Cruise days,Factory tours,Special events
FPV and XR Owners Club of Victoria

www.fpvxrclub.com
Extra's Leather seats, Sunroof, Premium Sound, Satellite Navigation, Reversing Sensors,
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons