Fuel economy with a chip? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-11-2004, 20:28 Thread Starter
Abuser of Charvels
Fuel economy with a chip?

Can any of you guys give me an indication of how your fuel consumption around town changed after having a chip fitted to a BA XR8 or GT?. Unichip or Xede.

Venom BA XR8 - 5spd - Leather - Premium Sound - 18"s - King Springs-SSL/SL - DBA Slotted Rotors & Ferodo pads
FPV XR Owners Club ACT
Charvel/Jackson Guitars
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-12-2004, 03:49
Re: Fuel economy with a chip?

I don't know if this is any help to you at all, as I have an AU but when I had the Unichip installed the economy around town didn't change a great deal, only a little but out on the hwy was were I noticed it, it when from around 11.5ltr down to 8.5-9ltr, a big improvement.

Herrod mod's,mmmn.
XW Wagon 221-2V,
Laser a maser.
Sponsored Links

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: