Fuel Economy tune - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2005, 16:47   #1 (permalink)

Fuel Economy tune

Hey,

I know you guys put in three tunes, so I was wondering if you guys currently do a fuel economy tune? I mean I do 70% of my driving to from work probably doing a max of 60km hr if I am lucky. So a good economy tune for most of the time and a fun tune for the weekend would really suit me and make it a bit easier to justify to speaker of the house….

Oh and it is Mk2 Xr8 unmodded.

Thanks.
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2005, 04:04   #2 (permalink)

Thumbs up Re: Fuel Economy tune

I'll give you the tip!, their tunes are naturally more economic. I've just gone back to stock from the CAPA N/A & blown programs. Taking it easy I'm in the high 13L per 100km. With the blown program for example, always in the low 13L per 100km even though I gave it stick. Taking it easy with the N/A programs it was easy for me to acheive high 11L/100 or low 12L/100, truth!
Old 09-04-2005, 16:49   #3 (permalink)

Re: Fuel Economy tune

It is something we are looking into doing, as we are getting interest in an Economy style tune for all BA's as they arent the most economical vehicles std ...

Stay in touch, as we will have some Tunes available very shortly..
CAPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 02:33   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPA
It is something we are looking into doing, as we are getting interest in an Economy style tune for all BA's as they arent the most economical vehicles std ...

Stay in touch, as we will have some Tunes available very shortly..
Hi,
I am also interested in a custom tune for my Typhoon, currently averaging approximately 17litres / 100 kms - City driving. Is this consumption normal as I drive it conservatively and generally dont rev past 3000rpm?
Where can i get a tune done in Sydney?
eli68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 05:26   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli68
Hi,
I am also interested in a custom tune for my Typhoon, currently averaging approximately 17litres / 100 kms - City driving. Is this consumption normal as I drive it conservatively and generally dont rev past 3000rpm?
Where can i get a tune done in Sydney?
Wow that seems rather thirsty.
My standard Tornado is averaging about 14.9 and thats city driving with a fair bit of 'spirited' accelaration. I thought that was thirsty :/
Terebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 19:19   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terebro
Wow that seems rather thirsty.
My standard Tornado is averaging about 14.9 and thats city driving with a fair bit of 'spirited' accelaration. I thought that was thirsty :/

Well just had my first 3000km service, now the car has just averaged 18.9l/100km city driving very conservatevely????
Whats going on?
How is everybody averaging 4-5l/100km less than myself?
Should I take it back to Ford?
eli68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 15:29   #7 (permalink)
Demeritator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli68
Well just had my first 3000km service, now the car has just averaged 18.9l/100km city driving very conservatevely????
Whats going on?
How is everybody averaging 4-5l/100km less than myself?
Should I take it back to Ford?
I had the same concerns till I re-read the manual and learnt to reset the trip meter by holding down the little button till it beeps a few times. Otherwise your "fuel average" is the average since you bought the car, and we all know they use a wack of fuel till the computer settles in from new or at each Ford re-flash.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:50   #8 (permalink)
SHAKEN, not stirred

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogdoc
I had the same concerns till I re-read the manual and learnt to reset the trip meter by holding down the little button till it beeps a few times. Otherwise your "fuel average" is the average since you bought the car, and we all know they use a wack of fuel till the computer settles in from new or at each Ford re-flash.
Ahhhh cogdoc... your a legend....
I was wondering why my consumption via the the trip meter was all over the place. It coincides with trips to the service dept, makes sense they flash the computer, its bound to range itself.

Regards
Paul

check our website
www.fpvclub.com

BA GT....CITRIC, with its own set of black skidmarks along the sides. and boost fed from a set of pulleys.
Happiness is a Blown GT and the lovely Lizzie by my Side
Paul V is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons