Originally Posted by navy blue
Went looking at buying a Falcon SR today, looked OK etc etc (looked at the sports which is basically the same). The price seemed too high (i Know thee is 6 grand worth of extras), just that the top price did not budge much at all. Then asked what an xr6 NA was worth, quoted around 44k with premium sound. Thought it was OK. Then the price came quickly down to just under 41k. Why would I buy an SR (basically still a XT with extras) for 38 when can get XR6 for a little more.
A few qstns if I may.
1. What kind of deals/discounts would I expect to see. What prices/discounts have people got for a XR6NA?
2. Confused on the sound system. Looked at the SR/Sports stereo, it had a small screen, but 6 cd stacker. This XR was fited extra with a larger color screen and 6 cd's. How many different stereos are there and what models have what stereo standard?
3. Would the SR and the XR6 have the same suspension?
4. What are people's thoughts on the red(Vixen or is it called Venom, I have forgot). WHatever the new red is kinda like it, had an orange tinge to it.
I have one, bought it a year ago. Can answer some of your questions:
1. I have the BA NA XR6, manual, with sunroof, premium audio, rear electric windows, full alarm kit, wheel sensors, paint protection, interior protection, window tinting, scuff plates and XR mats. Retailed on the road for just under $50K but got it for $43 100 including on roads and custom plate. Most of the time the deal you get depends on whether or not you have a trade in. You can get more if you sell your car privately and then get the max off the new one, otherwise if you trade in, they will not give you a decent trade in price and a good deal as well... but you could be looking at $3K or more off the price....
2. The SR comes with just a 6 stack CD on top of the regular base system which just has the small monochrome screen. The difference between that and premium audio (which they order on most cars) is you get the 6 stack CD, you also get the larger colour TFT screen, a few more functions on the stereo, more speakers, an amp, a subbie in the back - premium audio is around $1000 I think, but the 6 stack CD alone as an option is worth about $400 I believe. So the SR just has the 6 stack CD and probably the XRs you saw have premium audio....
3. The XR has the stiffest suspension of the lot (that and the GT). I am not sure if the SR has the upgraded suspension as you can option up on the rest of them, but even the upgrade is not as stiff as the XR or GT....so yes, it is different.
4. Venom is the older red, Vixen is their new red. Vixen is slightly more orange, brighter than Venom which is a true red. I dont like red personally, but the Vixen is quite nice - drove a T in Vixen. I much prefer Vixen to Venom but all that is just a matter of personal taste.
Hope this helps!
P.S. I recommend sunroof (but it costs), but do not recommend the interior or exterior protection - not for the money they want and the crap job they do of it. I recommend the premium audio - sounds heaps better than standard. You could also look at the luxury pack too - I wish they had that when I got mine!