General questions - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2002, 15:36   #1 (permalink)
davocol

General questions

Hey guys

I am a new member and this is my first post and I must say is fantastic. Ok the now sucking is over, I recently bought an ED Fairmont from Auction, I paid a good price for it, well I think it was a good price (6300) and it is good condition, the only thing I needed for a roadie was back tyres and wiper blades. Nevertheless I serviced it as well and am also getting an auto service on it tomorrow, I hope it just needs a service. So on that note I have a few questions.

If it does need a new transmission what sort of price am I looking at to get it changed?
I want to lower the car with the sports Ryder suspension from pedders, what sort of cost am I looking at there and what are peoples opinions on it? i.e.: How is the ride? Should I maybe put comfort shocks in?
Also what performance mods are the best to do? i.e.: air filter, extractors exhaust? What kind of price am I looking at there as well? Should I get this all done in any order?

Anyway I know these questions are pretty vague and general but I am hoping you can answer them anyway.

Cheers

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2002, 15:37   #2 (permalink)
davocol

oops

"this site"

should be in there somewhere
Old 04-29-2002, 18:28   #3 (permalink)
Now boostless :-(

Re: oops

i think a pedders sports ryder package is around $900 - $1,000. If you regularly travel on rough roads i would advise against the pedders, i'd go king springs and koni shocks. But if you live in the city and travel on smooth roads the pedders works great.
NAPARM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons