Going from 16 inch to 18 or 19 inch on a BA XT - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2010, 22:10   #1 (permalink)

Going from 16 inch to 18 or 19 inch on a BA XT

Currently on my BA XT I have the standard 16 inch wheel (the one on my avatar) and when my car is due for the tyres to replace within the next few months I would like to put some rims on my car. I have in mind of some genunie XR8 18 inch rims, gt 19 inch rims or my dream ones the bf/fg f6 rims (aka these one http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/up...7238_thumb.jpg). I'm also willing to be interested in some rims that are produce by another manufacture.

However I have a few queries that I want to fish out before I go ahead and put the wheels on my car. First of all I really enjoy the ride comfort of my BA in it current state but I'm afraid that by putting the rims that its will effect the ride comfort in a negative way. I have receive allot of complements and praise of the ride comfort in my car and driving 600km+ a week to uni and back and etc is really enjoyable. So my question is will the ride comfort change if I put the rims and also I'm thinking about lowing it a bit (nothing to crazy just so it looks nicer) at the same time when i get my rims. Would that also effect my ride quality for the worse (like feeling bumps, etc). Cause overall I want to do this without effecting the ride comfort or if not improvement.

So I'm putting all my cards on the tables to all of yours who have change there wheels or who have any experience with changing the wheels on the BA to give me any feedback, suggestion, solution, hits, etc to my queries

Kind Regards
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2010, 20:33   #2 (permalink)

Re: Going from 16 inch to 18 or 19 inch on a BA XT

the ride comfort will change as you will most likely be riding on a lower profile tire so you will feel the bumps a lot more
and the idea of lowering it, put the wheels on first and see how it looks, the increase in wheel size will make the car look lower down as the tire fits closer to the fender
also lowering will defs affect the ride comfort
seatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons