Ford Forums banner

Got 3 weeks to decide on a colour!

3K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  EB2Ghia 
#1 ·
Well the time has come and I have to bite the bullet and pick a colour. The XB coupe is now Tropic Gold .... which i hate

The whole car is getting done except the engine bay. Only because I dont have the time and space to get the bay ready yet, the bay will be done at a later date.

My thoughts are
Vivid Blue Pearl, Honda Jazz Colour
Acid Rush
The Holden (i know) dark purple
Or some other nice gold.... any suggestions?

#2 ·
If you don't like the Tropic gold. You won't like Acid Rush. They are too similar but the acid rush is great if your painting the exterior and painting the interior parts later.

Have you looked at the BA purple? Personally I like the blue.

I was almost going to go acid rush for mine but decided I've spend a bit more time and go a full color change.

Brenden

#4 ·
Standard Deep Aqua! Just like my car :)

Actually there is this new blue that is available on the new holdens and I think that colour is tops.
Either that of the blue with silver pearl available on camrys.

Simon

#5 ·
How about a deep Port Wine colour - metallic maybe. Are you planing on GS/GT-ing up the look of your Coupe or keeping more original look?

Keep us updated with pics whatever you do. As I don't really want to mess with the original look of my current Coupe, I am keen to get ideas for the next project!!

#8 ·
EB2Ghia said:
Well the time has come and I have to bite the bullet and pick a colour. The XB coupe is now Tropic Gold .... which i hate

The whole car is getting done except the engine bay. Only because I dont have the time and space to get the bay ready yet, the bay will be done at a later date.

My thoughts are
Vivid Blue Pearl, Honda Jazz Colour
Acid Rush
The Holden (i know) dark purple
Or some other nice gold.... any suggestions?
How about Monsoon Blue or (heaven help me) yes, the holden purple :AAHHH:

#9 ·
You see this is the delema!!

My only concern is the engine bay ... I cant do it till next year sometime ...

here is a thread with some pic of the car now
http://www.fordforums.com/showthread.php?t=63108

My ultimate choice is vivid blue
http://asia.vtec.net/article/NewJazz1/

Acid Rush is seriously crossing my mind though

Anyhows I'm getting the car (everything but the undercarriage and bay) panelbeated/rust removed sprayed for $4500. I just have to get it bead blasted ... and unbolting parts off the car will only take a weekend.

#11 ·
Volvo Saffron Gold pearl mettalic???

Got looking through the old street Machines.... Looks awesome ... have to see it in real life.

#13 ·
Rastus said:
Saw an XY Fairmont the other day in Sunshine Vic, complete with Acid Rush Paint. Mixed well with the chrome of the bumpers and weld wheels. Didn't look out of place either. Would match easier of course as brenx said.
Did it have a orange/gold reflective GS stripe, as I have seen one in this colour as well with the stripe and it looked great with all the chrome trimming.

#16 ·
Here is the Saffron Gold Pearl Colour. I bought 10 bucks worth of this colour (to see what it looks like in real life) and gave a few things a spray. The colour goes from a deep copper gold to a orange gold ... when the sun hits it it goes yellow gold....

What do you think on a XB coupe?

PS ignore the fact its a volvo colour!

#18 ·
EB2Ghia said:
Here is the Saffron Gold Pearl Colour. I bought 10 bucks worth of this colour (to see what it looks like in real life) and gave a few things a spray. The colour goes from a deep copper gold to a orange gold ... when the sun hits it it goes yellow gold....

What do you think on a XB coupe?

PS ignore the fact its a volvo colour!

Isn't Ford's Summer Gold not too different from that? Be nice to stick with an original colour but of course variety is the spice of life.

#19 ·
Hey EB2Ghia,
I like that volvo colour, I saw it the year it was released at the Sydney Motor Show. It would look good, and your engine bay would not look to far out of place...

But then almost any colour would look good! Tough decision. I've also got some rear quarter panel indicators with the chrome trim you can have if you want...

#20 ·
Sweet EBXR thanks for the offer... i will send you a pm soon ... should meet up soon anyhow. My stuff from GT performance in Melbourne arrived today so i'm happy as. I just need to find a runabout shitbox to drive around while my car is off the road.

#22 ·
EBXR

rear fibre glass stone tray ( i want different exhuast tips)
reco kits for the driving lights
scuff plates
indicator lenses
gastkets for the lights
bonnet pin kit

and some other odds and ends.
expensive stuff!!

i'm getting the seals/rubbers through rare spares... 900 bucks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.