Got my mansell bent air intake - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2003, 03:53   #1 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

Got my mansell bent air intake

I got my intake from AAA exhausts the other day and am wondering where any of you other fellas in SA have put yours on yet? Here is a pic of my dodgy trial fit of it using some 80mm ducting to connect the pipe to the T/B. When I do the real deal I will use two clamps on the T/B end and maybe knock up a bracket that protrudes from one of the clamps to the original Ford screw hole (just behind the oil cap) so I can secure the whole thing a bit better.

Also what is the go with using the original airbox with some slight mods done to it? Is it better to go a pod that sucks hot air in!? Any ideas? It is not on the car yet as this photo is just a trial fit to see if the bonnet shut! (It did)

Last edited by BA GT-HO; 12-24-2003 at 03:59.
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2003, 04:28   #2 (permalink)
XR Wannabee

Re: Got my mansell bent air intake

Mandrel mate..not mansell.

Looks good

95' EF Falcon Series II
Spinksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 06:47   #3 (permalink)
89 DA LTD 3.9MPI

Looks smick :D
Old 12-24-2003, 07:01   #4 (permalink)

mmm, looks so much better then the stock plastic piping.
Is there a reason that there is a rubber part on the stock intakes, is that required??
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 13:09   #5 (permalink)
Green's Tuff!

I imagine the rubber flexible part is to allow some movement when the engine moves?

Heritage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 16:03   #6 (permalink)

thats what i was thinking, wouldn't that cause some issues on that piping, depends how its mounted when done i spose.
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 18:31   #7 (permalink)
EFing Quick!

I've put mine on but I've misplaced my camera's USB cable so I can't put up any pics :sad:
1995 EF Futura - Crow stage 2 cam & adjustable gear, K&N cold air intake, AU XR intake snorkel, Advance stainless steel extractors, hi-flow cat converter, 2.5" pipe, 17" ROH RT shadow chrome mags, Pedders sports ryder suspension, DBA gold cross drilled/slotted rotors, lowered 1.5", camber kit, engine + starter immobiliser and microwave sensor security system.

Teh funnay is now linked here!
Beefchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 22:22   #8 (permalink)
EFXR62

I'm getting 2 x 1m - 3 inch stainless steel piping from one of my dad's mates. I'm going to get it bent at the local exhaust place, and have some rubber flexi hosing for the throttle body and a join inbetween to allow for the engine to move freely and not break the tb or airbox joints.

I'll grab some pics once it's finished. I know the size of the throttle body is 3.5", but i could only get 3" piping, so i'll have to get some kind of flaring part for the ends.

Cheers,
Yaggy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Intake.jpg (31.9 KB, 39 views)
Old 12-24-2003, 22:39   #9 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

The flexi tubing is there becuase there the throttle body actually faces up and the pipe I have doesnt bend down at the right angle, so you cant get a good fit within the throttle body. Plus it does allow some movement.

I dunno why I typed Mansell instead of mandrel...
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 03:36   #10 (permalink)
EFing Quick!

Do you get the rattle from the pipe when it bangs against the intake manifold (or whatever that thing is)? It's audible when idle and when the engine starts/stops. I was thinking of somehow putting a piece of rubber between the two. Ideas?
1995 EF Futura - Crow stage 2 cam & adjustable gear, K&N cold air intake, AU XR intake snorkel, Advance stainless steel extractors, hi-flow cat converter, 2.5" pipe, 17" ROH RT shadow chrome mags, Pedders sports ryder suspension, DBA gold cross drilled/slotted rotors, lowered 1.5", camber kit, engine + starter immobiliser and microwave sensor security system.

Teh funnay is now linked here!
Beefchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons