Gtfalconhunter - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2004, 15:32   #1 (permalink)
gilbiegt351

Gtfalconhunter

Not so long ago I was sitting down with a couple of mates enjoying the a few brown bottles when the conversation turned to what cars had the biggest impact on our lives.

It came to my mind that out of all the cars that I had anything to do with the GT FALCON was number one & one day soon I had better get one.
I have had xy wagons & sedans, xa & xb sedans,xa xb & xc coupes one xa fairmont wagon, one Black 1973 LTD (the best ever) and to many others to think of, but never a GT.

Way back when on my first Day of School my cousin & his girlfriend were staying with us & the girlfrend was given the job of delivering me to School.
I recall that day for two reasons, one I had just turned five & was shit scared about the day ahead & also that I was Taken to School Yellow & Black XY GTHO Factory Sun Roof & all the goods inc Hot August Night Pumping in the old Eight track and a verrrrrry Sexy blond with the Bee Hive Hairdoo behind the wheel.

Now I am trying to put togther a data bast one how many GT`s are still out There and Where they are.

I am not putting together a shopping list and I am not any part of an Insurance Company I just want to see how many have survived and where there Lifes journey has led them.

If you or any of your mates have had or still own one please PM or email me with vin/chasis no and a rough location as to where It is as I want to set up a dot map.

Also If you know of or own a JOHN GOSS SPECIAL or COBRA I would also like to Know.

Regard`s James.
gtfalconhunter

gilbiegt351@bigpond.com.au

Last edited by gilbiegt351; 02-22-2004 at 15:34. Reason: email
gilbiegt351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2004, 16:29   #2 (permalink)

Re: Gtfalconhunter

I suggest you log onto www.falcongtclub.org and check out the discussion regarding a national GT register. Use the search tool to find the threads.

This has been discussed may times, and many people have volunteered to donate their time etc. Unfortunately, it still has not come to fruition for many reasons. Perhaps one day it will

Good luck with it
www.falcongtclub.org
XWGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 20:12   #3 (permalink)
gilbiegt351

It may take some time to put together but I will take a look at the register & see if what i have is there in the meantime how do you feel about me asking you for your numbers.

Regard`s James
gtfalconhunter
Old 02-22-2004, 20:15   #4 (permalink)

The register only half exists, as I said, many people want it, but it hasnt quite got rolling as yet.

My numbers already exist in that database.

Also check out some posts by Jim D, and the link to his XY GT database based on factory production numbers. Amazing reference tool.
www.falcongtclub.org
Old 02-22-2004, 21:09   #5 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Nothing againt's you mate but If I had a GT I wouldn't be giving out the Vin number's or the posistion were it is held,why excactly do you need to know where they are located.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 21:18   #6 (permalink)

There is no mention of location, and never will be.
Nor are there any names what so ever.
You will never get people to give locations, and nor should they.

All that exists is a register of the VIN Number, whether the car still exists or has been destroyed, what condition, factory and dealer options.

Its also a good tool for logging known destroyed vehicles VINs. Like the set of XB GT ID plates and cut out of the shocker tower apparently for sale at the country swap meet last weekend......
www.falcongtclub.org
Old 02-22-2004, 21:51   #7 (permalink)
Can't wait for Winton...

I think it's a case of "You're not paranoid if they're really after you!"...
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 22:23   #8 (permalink)
gilbiegt351

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
Nothing againt's you mate but If I had a GT I wouldn't be giving out the Vin number's or the posistion were it is held,why excactly do you need to know where they are located.
It`s not like Im going to do A sweep & BOOST.
I have a great intrest in what region has the greatest collection of these ledgends and It is only for my own record.

I dont wish to offend any of the members I just want to know where roughly where they are & how many are left.

Regard`s James
gtfalconhunter
Old 02-23-2004, 03:27   #9 (permalink)
kickerinthegutsbarry

I've got 2 XBGT's and my old mans got an XBGT and an XYGT. But I must say I'm with Galaxy on this, I dont think I would give my vins to anyone, letalone the location, because despite you saying that you are curious and wish no harm, what if someone else got hold of the info?

apolloxbgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 21:05   #10 (permalink)
gilbiegt351

Im starting to get the message Guy`s but still it was a good leading story dont you think.
You know "HOT AUGUST NIGHT" & all, the worst thing was that it it true & when cous started work at a Bloody HOLDEN Dealer & was given a new hq gts 4 door as company car, sold the GT to Buy a unit and he has been lost to the other side ever sense, What A Bloke Will Do For A Girl.

Regards James.

Last edited by gilbiegt351; 02-23-2004 at 21:09. Reason: forgot to finish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons