guess what happened to me today.... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2005, 06:51   #1 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

guess what happened to me today....

my car died.

just pulled out of a side street and accelerated to about 70 km/hr (not hard), and when the engine revs fell again it started rattling like someone had a tin of bolts under the bonnet.

bloody hell.

it was only happening when the engine revs fell to less than 1000rpm, so i limped the car home. (10mins) and called ford. i then had to call ford roadside assist and had them tow my beautiful ba to knox ford. it looked so wrong on the back of that truck.

the thought is that it may be a torque converter or bearing at the back of the engine somewhere. it just sounded horrible. it has also occured to me that the car has felt not quite right the last couple of days, but i just put it down to the fact that cars don't feel on top of it every day.

needless to say the problem will be covered by warranty. thank the lord. i'll post the results as soon as i get them.

i must comment however that the tow truck came in 45mins and the car was at knox in less than an hour and a quarter, where it was accepted immediatly and the foreman was more than happy to have a quick listen and to give me that preliminary idea of what was wrong. even though it broke, i'm still glad i'm with ford.
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
dawal5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2005, 06:54   #2 (permalink)
I...DRIVE....FORD!!!

Re: guess what happened to me today....

thats a shame mate, hope you BA clears and fixes up and your back on the road with ur beast

-jjM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 06:56   #3 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

thanks mate, me too, me too.
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
Old 07-12-2005, 17:05   #4 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

well, the problem wasn't that serious after all. what had happened is that the bolts which hold the drive plate i place were loose, causing it to rattle. so the problem was easily fixed. BUT... while i was there i got them to do the 45000km service and the dozy buggers took out my k&n filter and replaced it with a bloody paper one.

who would do that??? c'mon they should know what it is???

so now i have to go to ford and get them to dig around in their rubbish bins for my filter or i'm going to have to argue with them for a new one. (about $100). also i want a refund for the stupid paper one they put in. ($36)

man, it's easier to just not break down. :(
Old 07-12-2005, 18:22   #5 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

well... i got in touch with ford and they still have my air filter and are happy to refund my money for the paper one. once again, a happy ford customer. but i will be getting my car serviced elsewhere in future.
Old 07-12-2005, 19:50   #6 (permalink)

wat fken dicey kunts..

bullsht they threw it out. those cheap bastrds probably reused it on their own cars that they drive..

fken i hate that shit..
i know this is irrelevant but i painted my calipers and the battery makes a squeaking noise which happens when any power source is being used and i said it happens on standstill when im breaking. and so obviously they scrapped off half my paint work and charged me $120 and said its that problem which it wasnt. waste of my money and time
fprxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 00:52   #7 (permalink)

Tossing out K&N would be just about standard mechanic's practice wouldnt it? Thats why they give you warning stickers with the filters, but that doesnt mean the brainless twits can read. I dread the fact that I have to take the new car I am getting in a few weeks to the dealer's for servicing. At least it aint a Ford.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:10   #8 (permalink)
sideways in a six

same thing happened to me on my XD, TWICE in a few months, nothing some loctite won't fix, only problem is it's starting to come back again - the only reason i take my car to the same guy is cause he put in the engine and box so fixes his problems for free.

If only I had a choice
Old 07-14-2005, 03:25   #9 (permalink)

dawal5,

If by "drive plate" you mean the flex plate that convertor bolts to, it is serious.
They don't come loose for no reason. They may not have been done up properly in 1st place or maybe came undone from engine harmonics.
Would be good idea to keep an eye on it for a while.
jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 05:33   #10 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

bloody oath mate.... i queried ford as to why it would just come undone... and they said that they didn't know, and that they had locktited it so it shouldn't happen again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons