Has anyone modded their BA I6? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2004, 21:28   #1 (permalink)

Has anyone modded their BA I6?

Just wondering if anyone has made any mods to their BA I6 engine and what sort of results/gains were achieved?
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2004, 23:32   #2 (permalink)
Go Nuts in Your Falcon

Re: Has anyone modded their BA I6?

XRchic has put a unichip in her BA XR6, apparently it is now good for 200fwkw. You around XRchic?
FordACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 00:04   #3 (permalink)

I have an SS inductions CAI, k&n panel filter, Herrod cat back 2.5" and I have a set of pacemakers in the boot that I will be fitting soon then dynoing to see what I have squeezed out. Without the extractors I'd expect I am pushing the 200fwkw or so mark.
After next years bonus, I think a programmable chip is the next logical progression, probably the excede chip but I have time to evaluate them all in the lead-up...
Old 03-19-2004, 16:46   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the replies, I'm actually asking in readiness of the Territory to "compensate" for the increased kerb weight...don't want to go backwards in performance when we update from the Futura wagon.
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 22:45   #5 (permalink)
Just hear the Exhaust!

Well you may or may not have seen my signature. The XR is getting roughly 225fwkw, don't know the exact figure. going by the 30% power loss rule if it applies. rwkw/hp details are below. Main changes are a computer bypassing the ECU and a 2.5" exhaust system with extractors. If you're wanting to do something with the Forrester, I suppose it's up to you what you want done. Is it going to be used for mainly 4wd'ing or just as a road car?

Last edited by NA Thunder; 03-19-2004 at 22:57.
NA Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 05:07   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA Thunder
Well you may or may not have seen my signature. The XR is getting roughly 225fwkw, don't know the exact figure.
Front wheel kilowatts??? That's some mod. Got any pics?
kappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 05:18   #7 (permalink)
BOFH

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappie
Front wheel kilowatts??? That's some mod. Got any pics?
Umm, fwkw would be fly wheel kw!

That is some serious power for an NA XR6 too. Considering my AU VCT has the same kw at the fly as that has at the treads. Nice!

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 05:34   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Umm, fwkw would be fly wheel kw!
Umm, it's a joke Joyce!
kappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 06:01   #9 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

Hello. Yes, I had my BA XR6 recently modded with APS unichip. It is now 200fwkw, 150rwkw and 400Nm torque. Also improved fuel economy. Had the chip tuned for PULP too, BP Ultimate (the only choice apparently) so that helped things a bit, and also got me better fuel economy - my air/fuel ratio was shite. As I have mentioned elsewhere on this site, they come out of the factory deliberately (to a point) running really rich, so they dont burn and bust warranty...and they also do not tune each engine to its own individual optimum a/f ratios.... some are worse than others - mine was bad. I assume this would apply to your 4WD as well....

Like I said, I only got the chip done, nothing else.... the mods mentioned byt he dude with the XR above (didnt reply with quote so sorry, forgot your name) sound pretty full on too - you can change exhausts fairly easily too, to get more.

My Unichip installation and two dynos cost me $1250. If you see an APS dealer wherever you are, they should be able to give you SOME idea, but they won't know more until they run it on a dyno coz each engine is different - some are more powerful than others. And I suspect it has gotta be run in FAIRLY well before they run it on a dyno but not sure about that one - basically the engine has to be as free as it can be to get accurate readings I think - the guys on here will be able to fill you in on that one....

Good luck!
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Air intake conversion/pod
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

Founder MTAS (Manual Transmission Appreciation Society)
Founder Society Against Stupid SMS Language
O.F.R. # 138
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 06:10   #10 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

Oh, Curls, go see Herrods since you are in Melbourne! Someone here mentioned the Herrod exhaust and it reminded me.. they will definitely be able to give you some idea what can be done! I am in Adelaide and have a top bunch of guys working on mine, but in Melbourne, Herrods would be the pick of the bunch for info, yeah guys?
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Air intake conversion/pod
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

Founder MTAS (Manual Transmission Appreciation Society)
Founder Society Against Stupid SMS Language
O.F.R. # 138
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons