Has ford forgotten about the loyal fans - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: and on the 7th day Ford Rested... and forgot that should try harder....
Give em some time off..... things will work out fine! 10 14.71%
I swear, if they dont get out there get invovled in the community, well....... 7 10.29%
I rekon I promote Ford products better than Ford does 48 70.59%
Pffft.. we little people cannot make difference 8 11.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2003, 01:48   #1 (permalink)
gone

Has ford forgotten about the loyal fans

I have this void, you see, I feel like the BA has been launched, and us loyal fans have been forgotten about.

It seems Ford has gone back to the mentality that she will be right mate!

Do you think they should be out there in the market, events, dealerships supporting the Ford Buyer that one step further?
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2003, 02:08   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Re: Has ford forgotten about the loyal fans

I sometimes get the impression that Ford is at war with the dealer network - maybe they are given the number of them that need a good boot up the sitting bit.

Cheers
Russ
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 02:15   #3 (permalink)
X-DM!!

I feel they have forgotten about us laminge. Especially the people who had faith in all the BA hype and followed the auto web daily to see what was going on when the Ford dealer could'nt tell you. People like me and many others who bought sight unseen because you are a out and out Ford man and the dealer could'nt even tell you how far your car-ute was away. When you finally get it, you get 1 miserable phone call asking how it is going after a week and you never hear from them again. I know it is only a XR8 ute I have but surely Ford could be a little bit more interested on what you think of your vehicle. I know I would like a bit of feed back on a brand new product!
rod c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 02:21   #4 (permalink)
X-DM!!

That's another story!!
rod c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 02:32   #5 (permalink)

Dont think this is specific to Ford.
The reality is we are numbers on an end of month sales figure.
Go in wanting to buy something and i'm sure they'll be friendly again.
Old 10-06-2003, 02:45   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTS220
What about AU owners!
Dont worry mate ! In 5-10 years time, we as AUII owners, will still have cars that look like new as everyone else plays catches up !

All we need is an 'upgrade' kit where we can get the BA engine, transmission, suspension and internal dash/aircon layout in our AU, and we'll have the perfect car!

Ford have let us AU owners down big-time. I went out and bought an AUII, which I personally like alot (inside and out), and supported Ford in those dark days.

Then again, I think its those dirt-bag dealers that leave a mark on the good name of Ford.

Ford should regain control of its dealers ! It worked back in 1925 when dealers and local manufacturers assembling various version of the model T were doing the same thing to customers that dealers are doing today !
JamesA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 03:56   #7 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

I think we can blame the genral public's perception and the uneducated media for the downfall of the AU,Ford itself is not to blame, the AU is a great car, well mine is anyway.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 04:58   #8 (permalink)

what about us AU ute owners,we get branded with,its a commercial vehicle,warrenty doesnt cover it,you tradesman keep you utes like pig sty's....the dealers are a really big problem in this issue,after they sell you the car,they dont give a **** about what probs you got,they only interested in charging you heaps of $$$ for an oil change and a wash....
Old 10-06-2003, 08:54   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
I think we can blame the genral public's perception and the uneducated media for the downfall of the AU,Ford itself is not to blame, the AU is a great car, well mine is anyway.
I agree. Its a damn good car.

And it will age much better than the BA.
Take a look at the 2005 Mercedes CLS whose design has now been locked-in. Looks like an AU !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 25cls.jpg (14.2 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg 25cls1.jpg (14.1 KB, 40 views)
JamesA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 13:24   #10 (permalink)
Formerly J-type

Quote:
Originally Posted by laminge
I have this void, you see, I feel like the BA has been launched, and us loyal fans have been forgotten about.

It seems Ford has gone back to the mentality that she will be right mate!

Do you think they should be out there in the market, events, dealerships supporting the Ford Buyer that one step further?
I totally agree with you laminge. As far as I'm concerned the forums have been used like a disposable cup.
They get cudly during the dark AU day's when we were giving our support, but when all looks good for them they piss off.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons