Status
Not open for further replies.

Have a look at these

6K views 47 replies 16 participants last post by  LunaticSVT 
#1 ·
#2 ·
:haha:
Good sites!

I wish somebody would assassinate Bushy before he starts WWIII.

:rant:

I just found out how to use smilies, damn these things are cool.

#4 ·
dunno mate, kinda hope not but he'll REALLY piss off the French by taking away their cheap oil.....
Oh yeah, and how's Australia going to get back what it's owed (I think $6 million but don't quote me!) on wheat shipments???
You can bet the next Iraqi government's just gonna repudiate all prior debts!

#5 ·
who cares what the FRENCH think or do, they've proven time after time over history that they are not willing to be part of a 'world community'......
their armies have been beaten by just about everyone they've come up against........
and when the americans came to FREE them from the Germans (who they had instantly surrendered to) they would not co-operate unless De Gaulle lead the 'free' french back into Paris.

just my 2c

G
#6 ·
who cares what the FRENCH think or do, they've proven time after time over history that they are not willing to be part of a 'world community'......
their armies have been beaten by just about everyone they've come up against........
and when the americans came to FREE them from the Germans (who they had instantly surrendered to) they would not co-operate unless De Gaulle lead the 'free' french back into Paris.
Yeah those damn French... the Americans came into the war 2 years late to "save them"(after Pearl Harbour was bombed though just by coincidence) and now 50 years later they don't agree with America about something!! How dare they, the hypocrisy!!

(Oh and those other 140 other nations who make up 5 Billion of the worlds population didn't fall inline with American policy as well, but we won't mention them)

#7 ·
i dunno fella's, France has the foreign legion and they are usually only to happy to commit them to war, so if the french government isnt sending in the legion, something is badly wrong. Ive "played" with the legion and seen how they train they are damned good.
It seriously concerns me that howard commits aussie troops and ignores the fact that the french refuse to play. Somebody isnt sharing all the information they should. And b4 anyone bitches ive got couple of mates in the SAS and i know how good they are and hope thay get home safely.
By the way ef-ficincy try visiting france sometime they love aussies but dislike the yanks ask em why then maybe you will understand.

#8 ·
Haha a French foriegn legion. They even train them to be the best at holding up a white flag. Yes that is part of their training.

and those 140 other nations that make up 5 billion of the worlds population......some food for thought here....So far it's a 90-member worldwide "unilateral" coalition that is supporting this action in one way or another. And even the French have stated if there is any chemical warfare they will send troops. Go figure.

So you say Russia and China still oppose. Lets look at where Iraq has gotten its weapons and missles from. Ohh wait that is France, Germany, Russia, North Korea and China. Yes the US did supply back in the 70's and early 80's, but withdrew support after that. It has been continued even after Gulf War I from the above opposing countries.

France supplied 93% enriched Uranium and plans and people to build and operate a Nuclear power plant in Iraq. Why would any country need anything more than 3% enriched if it is being used for a plant to produce electricity? 93% is used to power the plant and all the byproduct created is great enough to be uses as a tacticle nuclear weapon grade uranium. Hrrmmm.

maybe some folks on here instead of attacking and protesting should be looking at what the real reasons are. Not oil, not Globalisation of Christian beliefs, Not the destruction of Islam, but the ousting of a dictator who repeatedly kills his own people. Starves his own people by using the Oil for Food to finance his vast empire of palaces. Who is the main buyer of the oil for food through the UN? France. Go figure they dont want him ousted.

#9 ·
The fact of the matter is, this war is going to cause more problems than it solves.
Who really cares if they get rid of a few 'suspected' weapons of mass destruction? Every civilian and soldier that they kill will be used as a martyr, and where theres a will to commit acts of terror there's a way. Look at all the suicide bombers, and imagine them in every city in America, Britan and Austrailia.

All that's going to happen is there's going to be an extra 5 million people who hate america and their allies bad enough to die for the cause of wiping it out.

Still, if America wants to put on it's white, shining armour, bomb Iraq free of the evil dictator and liberate the oil fields, it's fine by me, so long as they don't involve Austrailia. They've got more than enough troops and equipment fot the job, why do they need to involve us in this idiocy?

just my 2c

G
#10 ·
Yeah lets all be racist towards the French because the Americans didn't get their way in the U.N.

The French are now being used as a scape-goat because it's much easier blaming them then the fact the USA *FAILED* to get support out of the UN for the war they wanted. There are 15 nations in the UN security council and the USA said it would put the vote to them to authorise war whether France was going to Veto or not so they could get the "moral majority". Guess what... it never happened because it had to get a minimum of 9 votes out of the 15 to pass and they knew more then 6 coutnries would vote against it!

Also most people seem to forget a majority of people from Britain, Australia and all the other arse-licker nations to the USA's policy were AGAINST THE WAR. Thats right... France is a better representation of what our people wanted then our own government! I guess some Americans don't like the fact certain nations seem to have a government that listens to their people(it's called democracy) instead of being the USA's lapdog and ignoring the peoples will.

And Lunatic the "coalition of the willing" is only 45 countries according to the whitehouse. How many people in those 45 countries actually support the war their governments signed them up for? STUFF ALL.

Peace

#11 ·
Funny that, I actually know very few people against the war, maybe I'm hanging around the wrong circles.

I don't believe you people are suggesting we sit back and let this man continue to stockpile weapons and kill off his own people. You do realise he used chemical weapons on the Kurds all those years back, and he hasn't told anyone he got rid of those weapons. I mean hell, this guy has a people shredder. You want him in control of chem and bio weapons?

The last time someone was building up a military and the rest of the world sucked up to him and tried to be friendly to avoid war we got world war 2. Stop this guy now, just like Hitler should of been stopped in the 30's.

That theory sure as hell makes a lot more sense then 'the US are killing women and children and only doing this for oil!'. Sorry, last time I checked we weren't bombing appartment buildings and the oil is going to be in full control of the Iraqi people after the war.

'This war will make us a bigger terrorist target'.

We're in the western world. We're a target for these psycho's anyway. We're an ally of America even if we don't go to Iraq. It's been proved there's an extremist wing in south east Asia. I sure as hell thought we were a target before this war, and I still do.

The seppos didn't give us that much for Timor, so what? We could handle it ourselves, the yanks had prior peacekeeping commitments. I'm sure when the Indo's come over the Timor Sea we'll have the yanks over here in no time.

G
#12 ·
The last time someone was building up a military and the rest of the world sucked up to him and tried to be friendly to avoid war we got world war 2. Stop this guy now, just like Hitler should of been stopped in the 30's.
Exactly! Thats why I see Bush a greater threat to the world then any of these 3rd World dictators. Saddam hasn't tried taking a nation over since 1991. Hitler used the excuse of self-defence for taking over Poland, how is Bush doing any different? You can't invade a nation that hasn't threated you on the excuse of self defence... it's just a bullsh*t excuse that ANY nation could use.

The USA also supported Saddam in the 1980's when they were fighting against Iran even though they were USING chemical weapons against them they turned a blind eye because they were on their side. People should learn some history before passing judgement on which side is right and wrong, not just the snippets the media give you.

Shame on saddam and shame on the USA for supporting him

#14 ·
EDIT - ah I'm getting out of this now, I've had my two cents, stiring shit don't get us nowhere.

#16 ·
donuts2001 said:
Exactly! Thats why I see Bush a greater threat to the world then any of these 3rd World dictators. Saddam hasn't tried taking a nation over since 1991. Hitler used the excuse of self-defence for taking over Poland, how is Bush doing any different? You can't invade a nation that hasn't threated you on the excuse of self defence... it's just a bullsh*t excuse that ANY nation could use.

I guess we just sit back and let Iraq continue. Continue to let that regime kill its own people? I guess that is alright when it is in another country and it is not in your back yard. I guess that is allright when it is not you or your family that are the ones suffering and being tortured. But, I forget you dont have any freedoms and the dictators of Australia also pull this on you and you have no onther views on this since the state controlled media tells you that what is against them is wrong and standing up for yourself will result in death? No wait that is Saddam and what he is doing in Iraq. Damn if I get the two countries mixed up.

Your "self defence" BS. Yea BS. Ok Hitler attacked, we can also start using WW2 history facts. Was it not also Hitler that was killing millions of his own residence called ethnic Cleansing. Didnt the world take a blind eye to this as well. Not wanting to get in the middle of politcal affairs of another country? Now lets speed up the world to current day. Lets take a look at what Saddam is doing? 1988 Sadam killed thousands of Kurds....why? Simply put his clan does not like the Kurds and feels that they are a scurge of the Iraqi people. Now this sounds all too familiar to what Hitler did to the Jews, the Pol's and every other country that had a non blonde haired blue eyed full arian blooded resident. Lets Take a look at 1991 after the fact that the Iraqis were pushed back out of quwait. Saddam after the US removed it troops and instated the no fly zones Saddam was upset. Why? Not only was he ejected out of the Kuwait he also had the Sheits to take care of. Seems that another Klan that did not like the power of the current klan in office rose up when the Coalition troops entered Iraq...thinking that they would march on Bahgdad, but di dnot due to the UN resolutions forbiding a march on Bahgdad. Now Saddam kills thousands of Sheits in southern Iraq. Why because they had an opinion. The World took a blind eye to jst these two little facts such as the world took a blind eye to the acts of Hitler.

But I guess that it would take Iraq to attack Australia or the US to prompt a US or even an Australian backed attack on them. How about some food for thought? Why dont you and your bleeding heart liberals go and live with the Saddam Regime and live in the conditions that are set forth there? Doubt you would. Doubt that you sitting behind your monitor in your cushy chair in your Air conditioned room with your Latte by your side with the Satelite TV going in the other room announcing the attrocities that you are wanting to not listen to, would want to go and live the means and life of an Iraqi, especially under that regime.

Hrmmm simple food for thought. Doubt you would and doubt you could. But you sure as hell can sit there and say how it is ok for the 10 million Iraqi's to have to put up with that, to have to live in fear of being killed if they want to have a satelite TV. Live in fear if you fart in the street you can be killed. Live in fear that you look the wrong way at a passing car that may be an Iraqi officials car you may not live to see your family. I guess that since you dont and wont live there that you do not have to deal with it and you can tell others that are living there that they have to.

Your comments about 'You can't invade a nation that hasn't threated you on the excuse of self defence... it's just a bullsh*t excuse that ANY nation could use'

Look at your statement. Take a hard look at it. Lets see. All wars in the past have started this way. I guess that we can not do anything but sit back and watch the world rotate?

Pearl harbor - Japan Bombs the US. Did the US make a threat against the Japanese? None. But they brought the Pacific war to the US.

Kosovo - Internal strugles of religious groups that were far from a threat to one another. We are talking religious groups here. Just because they dont like how the other prays we have war.

I guess we should all go outside and hold hands? there are differences in the world. War is not started because one country is a threat to another. far from it. yes that is some of the excuses. As well as the excuse that there is religious oppressions and many other things. But stating that the US can not step up for Human rights and free the Iraqi's from an oppressing dictator is laughable. Next you will say that it is imperialism just like what the Brits did in their quest for world domination. Please. When you can make a valid point of your points it would be interesting to read, until then I have to laugh at your attempts at what you are doing.

donuts2001 said:
The USA also supported Saddam in the 1980's when they were fighting against Iran even though they were USING chemical weapons against them they turned a blind eye because they were on their side. People should learn some history before passing judgement on which side is right and wrong, not just the snippets the media give you.

Shame on saddam and shame on the USA for supporting him
I never stated that the US never supported Saddam. The US has supported many regimes and many countries to avoid the wonderful world of Communism. Remember that threat, ohh wait that was disbanded back in the Reagan era. So we dont have to worry about that. What you failed to look at as I stated before there are other countries that have and continue to support Iraq even after the US stopped. Did you fail to Read that? Lets see....

France -- War planes, Nuclear plant plans, Uranium that is 93% enriched.
Germany -- Chemical and Biological means and the information on making them into weaponry
Russia -- Weapons from Guns to Planes to anti tank weapons to AAA
North Korea -- Missles, plans on Missles and missle trucks. Not short range but long range.
China -- More missle technology.

What was this in exchange for? Well most of it went under the Food for oil after 1991. The remainder was pre Gulf war and was purchased with cheap oil. I wonder why these countries are not wanting to have a war? Hrmm could it be that they are supporting Iraq in one way or another with the weaponry and do not want to be found out...even though most of the world already knows?

Yes the US did turn a blind Eye. Was that a fault, could be. Was that terible? Yes it was, but that was also supported byt the Australian and the rest of the UN except for the Easter Block and Russia. The World turned a blind eye to that and guess what the US is not the only guilty party in that. But since they are the only super power I guess that you have to put the blaim on someone ehh?

I think that you should heed your own advise and look further than what your past experiences of media and the current ones. obviously you are missing the greater picture and obviously you do not seem to care. Is that my fault? No. Maybe you should avoid watching state run TV and see what the real world is doing. Wait you are in Australia and not Iraq. I keep getting the two mixed up with the way you are talking.

#18 ·
Look, personally I think this is getting a bit heated, but my 2c,
I don't think anybody is saying Sadaam is good, Lunatic.
What they are saying is that the UN had every intention of doing something about him. America forced the issue insted of waiting for due legal process. George Bush could see that Saddam might - MIGHT- be left in power by the UN.
BUT.
He ignored the fact that countries such as France and Germany were actually agreeing that something needed to be done. He TOTALLY ignored the fact that Saddam would likely have ended up little more than a figurehead, with UN people scattered throughout his government.
To this day, I personally have heard no believable reports that weapons of mass destruction have been found in Iraq by the invaders (that's right, I said invaders!)
I believe that if Saddam had them, he would have smuggle them into American cities and used them by now.
Very few people are saying that Saddam is right, it's just that most people are saying that Bush is wrong. He is pushing a war which, if not actually illegal, has little international approval. One has to wonder what he has promised his "allies" to keep them loyal to him.

Consider this, Lunatic. First Bush was whining about terrorists in Iraq. Well, that died quickly enough. Then it was chemical weapons. Now he is "liberating" the citizens of Iraq, and I do not want to get into the issue of whether they needed liberating by having their city blown to pieces around them.....
What worries me is that a country which cannot keep its own citizens from mugging each other in their own homes, thinks it can take over the world - and I would be VERY surprised if Bush stops with Iraq!
And finally, how can we afford this? We supposedly cannot afford to fund hospitals and schools, but we can afford this war? Hmm...

#19 ·
Ha you guys are completely laughable. Nice to see that warehouse of caskets and body bags upon body bags of bones within the borders of Iraq. I guess all that has been going on is false information. But alas we can truely see what 12 years of sanctions has brought ehh? 12 years of sanctions 18 different resolutions and nothing but the continued destruction of his people.

Must be nice to be ignorant in your ways and close a blind eye to what has gone on in that country. And for the record I am far from middle eastern decent and that has nothing to do with my posting.

Lets also look at somethings, as you have not been enlightened to look at. Yesterday was found what? Warehouses of hightech weaponry and caches of equipment as well as captured several key figures; that by the way are not of Iraqi desent, not of iraqi origin, but from other countries that are havens for terroristic groups. But I guess that what I am talking about is just hear-say? What of the Iraqi backed terrorist groups that have been taken over or destroyed? Did I miss something here? All these that are in the borders of Iraq and are Iraqi backed and sponsored? I find it hard to believe in a region that Saddam controls where he has thousands of troops that he is not aware of the terrorist camps that were destroyed over the last several days.

Hrmm Must be ignorance on my part and propoganda from the government controlled media posted all over the world and the US. I guess you failed to hear of the 2 captured Iraqi's that were smuggling explosives and weapons through the borders of the US in South Texas. I guess that people like to turn a blind eye to that fact too. Pretty much covered in several global papers. I do seem to get more than just the local news. I dont rely on the local paper nor the internet. I do get several papers from New York, Dallas, Mexico, England and Germany. I have been for several years. I guess that this has fallen blindly in your country. I dont know, but Germany, England and several US papers have reported it. Guess it was all hearsay that I have read and the pictures that they had. Terrorists, yea maybe it was overplayed, but Has Australia lost 1000's of people in one attack? Ohh wait There was that one that was CLOSE to australia, guess that is good enough since australians died? I am not here to debate sept 11th or the after effect. We were ignorant on that and that was partially our fault. But that is not the point of this war or the point that Bush was trying to push, unfortunatly that got thrown in the papers and that is what the media played up. One comment and that is that. Gee we are all guilty of saying things out of context and have said things off the cuff, just this one was taken and blown up to make a mockery of the legistlation. Good attempt. But the point is that there are terrorists in Iraq and that is being proven and has been for few days now from things that the coalition has found.

Chemical weapons...odd that Iraq has thousands upon thousands of chem suits in frontline areas. Odd that the us has found on POW's instructions on how to combine the elements how to deploy the elements and how to protect themselves from the chemical weapons. odd that several thousand suits found in a hospital with hundred of landmines, several hundred boxes of ammunition and least of all a tank. All this in a hospital. Ok so they have yet to use the chemicals if they have them, but it is odd that they are using weapons that they have not claimed on the " reports" sanctioned by the UN. Quite odd that there were 3 tanks that were hidden in junk and debris in Umm Quasar that were not on the lists. Some strange things that the Iraqis are doing to hide the weapons that they have. All of course weapons that they were supposed to have either destroyed after the First war, and of course that if they were readily available to use to have been reported on the information that Hans Blix was to have on the weapons that they had. I see a pattern here. Iraq is hiding weaponry and stockpiles in public places that would not have been searched by the UNSC. Why would we think that they have stockpiled weapons in a hospital, hidden tanks into junk debris? So where are they hiding the chemical weapons? Where has over 40 pounds of 93% enriched uranium gone too? It is still unaccounted for. Guess that it disappeared in the sand dunes of the country? Guess it depleted itself in 12 years?

So we have issues here in this country that you would like to remark on. I read on here issues how you guys have muggings yourself. See unlike there in AU, here I have the ability to shoot some lazy arse good for nothing person that will try to attempt to break in my house. Unlike there I have the right to carry my weapon and use it if attacked. Unlike others that choose not to defend themselves and become a victim I have made a choice to not be a victim. Just for record...I had an attempted Carjacking of my car 8 years ago. The bastard shot me in the thigh when I refused to get out of my car. That asshole is in jail and had 5 holes in his chest and stomach from my return fire. I am not a vicitim like the helpless masses that refuse to stand up and refuse to defend themselves. My wife was attacked and unlike those that just drop and hope for the best she beat the living all mighty hell out of the bastard. If folks would stand up then there would not be these issues in this country let alone the rest of the world. And you comment, sure can reflect on them and how they are bad, but they occure in your country as well as many others in this world. If you choose to be a victim then you are going to be one. If you choose to stand up for yourself and what is right then your chances are far less.

I doubt that this war will end with Iraq. I do see it going to Syria, since they are sending people, weapons and equipment to further this war and to bolster Iraqs defenses. Do I care, well if the idiots, yes idiots, feel that it is necessary to step in then they are going to get what is coming to them. Just like a street fight. if you step up to aid the one that I am fighting I am sure as hell going to lay a beatdown on you as well.

Can we afford this? Hrmm how much is your city worth? How much is it worth to defend? No it is not on your homeland, but it can be if this is not stopped now and is not finished. Sanctions accomplished nothing. 18 of them have not done anything with Iraq over the years and have not furthered anything in the push to peace in that region itself. The forces that are in power there will continue to push and destroy those around them to get what they want. Again how much is your city worth? Can you afford to allow those 40 pounds of 93% enriched uranium to come to your shores? I think not. Will it? Who knows where it is and who has it at this point....ontop of the other things such as Ricin and other chemical weapons. Even a dirty bomb can make your shores and cause havoc.

Blame not having the the funds to pay for good hospitals and schools to poorly elected and ignorant politicians. Ohh wait you voted them in, so I guess that means you too are to blame for the problems...correct? So we can not afford to pay for schools and for that matter good hospitals. Lets see here in the US...... I earn a living selling items. I pay for MY health insurance I do not rely on state run programs. I have to pay for hospital visits through a " deductible" the rest is covered by my insurance. I guess I should have to pay for the lazy arse person that does not work, that does not want to work, that does nothing but complain how they should have things handed to them including free insurance? No I think not. We do have free clinics here that anyone can walk in off the street and get, but you get what you pay for. They are not the best, but it should not be funded by me for joe lazy to go and get free coverage. Why should I have to take my tax dollars and have them used in funding a free clinic that one I can not use, because I decide to go and work and earn a living. If I make more than 12k a year which is 1 thousand dollars a month. I do not qualify for free health care that is funded by the US taxpayers. So now i have to go and earn a living and suffer? No I choose to have insurance to pay for the doctor of my choosing. A doctor that knows me and maybe 100 others. A doctor that knows my family and my history without having to look at a chart or pull up records. But that is part of a free society. We have the choice to spend our money to get superior health care coverage. Guess what. I was making 21k a year when I was first starting out. Guess what I had insurance then. Guess what that was my choice to have it. Or if i did not then I did not get medical bills covered by the insurance company and I had to pay out of my pocket. The doctors have to get paid one way or another am I not mistaken? Ohh but i guess those that choose to not work or should I say live off the welfare system...or as you guys like to call it the Dole, they should get the same type of medical treatment and coverage that I have to pay for? Too bad but reality has to sink in one way or another. We are not a socialist society here. We are not like canada or Au.

Guess that means that because I choose to go to a school that is better than the innercity one that is my fault too. Guess my children< if I ever have them > should have to get a low grade education because I dont feel like I should pay? hahaha. I will pay for my children to go to the schools that are the best that we can financially afford to do. Yes schools suck, but then again the state runs that not the govt here. The state gets funding if they can get the children to pass tests that are designed to assess basic skills. You try to learn something in todays schools. I have a sister in law that had a GPA of 3.98 and was in the 7th grade. She was doing well, until she got into the 8th grade. She then changed schools. Her parents, my inlaws, just went on with daily things. Come to find out that the lack of teaching that was going on there as well as the discipline that was being used was far from minimal to even poor. Her grades dropped. Why because the teachers dont care. Is that my fault? No that is not. That is the schools fault? yes. They hired them. We did not. They are the ones paying them from the taxes that we pay. Guess what we have the highest paid teachers in the state and this state ranks in the top 3 of the pay scales. So pay is not an issue. They are paid at that school anywhere from 58k - 79k a year. Let alone do they get 3 months off where they are not working they are also getting paid during that time. So what is the excuse? None. They dont care. That is all. cant blame poor pay. cant blame poor conditions.....not at all. Just flat out laziness. So what did we do? We moved her to a private school. Guess what our tax dollars dont payfor that. it is a private school. No funding from the state. No funding from the govt at all. But I still have to pay for the rest of the children to get taught by some shitty teacher. That my fault no. Can I do anything? No. That is up to the school board and administration as well as the Teachers Union to do anything. State wont step in. Govt wont step in. Guess what. I will gladly pay 15k a year to have my child in a private school where I pay to have them taught the things that they are going to need to survive as well as learn. Should I have to pay for some scum that lives on the dole that does not have to pay school tax? Should I have to pay more since I have a house that is worth 600k over someone that has a house that is worth 100 k down the road? All for my child to go into the same school that their child goes to? Should I have to finance some kid that is not even mine? I got private schooling. That was my parents choice. If I choose not to have children I have to still pay for little Johnny to go to school. Why? Is that fair? No. As far as the US is concerned it is not my fault that someone refuses to give their child an education from a place where they can send them to. There are private schools that cost 5k a year and less, but they choose to spend their money on cars, boats, toys for themselves. Why should I have to suffer for their doing? Why should I have to pay for something that they can rightly afford to payfor? Why should I have to pay for some person that rather live on the Dole than get a real job?

I should not. It is not my place to pay for others to have to live. It is not my place to have to fund someone elses education. And before you say what of the layoffs. I was laid off for over 2 years, but i found the $ to pay for my insurance, my wifes insurance and for that matter this server. I have found ways to make money. Just because there are lazy arse people that rather mooch off of the system than get a job flipping burgers, then i say shame on them and shame on the Dolts that would support the system that allows them to do it.

Can we afford this war? Can we afford to ignore what is going on in the world? I guess isolationism is the key to everything. just like my cat. He buries his head under folded laundry thinking that he has hidden from me. he can not see me so he thinks I can not see him. I guess we need to turn our heads and we wont see the world and they will not see us?

Please. that will only get us in more trouble than we are in now.

#20 ·
ohh Yea. My last post on this subject. No need to give information that is clearly out there. That is clearly known and for that matter if you had the time to do it and actually base a decision on something other than what people feed down your throat or for that matter base opinion on conjecture then you will see the larger picture and can actually investigate and learn something. People are lazy by nature and refuse to do things. Rather they rely on others to feed them their daily crap pill. Unlike those ants that rather base things on nothing....I have the means to look it up, read about it and investigate it. Yet others dont. That is there choice to uninformed and not upto par with their surroundings.

Now the time has come that I rather spend my time with my wife enjoying what i have and the time that i have with her than sit here anylonger and explain to others how they fail to look at things. Just because people do not want to be informed it is not my fault. As it is not my fault that they fail to use common sense or for that matter resources to get the information.

My opinions based on what I have read, seen and studied over the years and my final statements.....

Pretty clear sanctions never worked, the members of the UN only are looking out for number one their countries and not the rest of the world, been this way for years.

we had 9 of the 16 votes but instead of delaying the actions the US and UK acted upon the writings of the legal documents that were passed in the UN by all SC members. Gee I see 678, 687 and 1441 and they gave the coalition the authority.

I see over 90 members of the world standing up in support of this. I see some bribery and that is part of politics and you can not deny that.

I see protestors protesting everything they can and relying on half witted and non fact filled information to substantiate their stances.

I see people that have no clue protesting over something that they dont even know fully about.

I see coutries taking a stance against this action due to facts showing that they will suffer and have to pay more for oil.

I see countries against this due to fact that they are the ones supplying and have supplied information, technology, weapons and manpower and now are afraid that they will lose this business.

I see people complaining about this, but no UN backing happened in Serbia, guess we were wrong there ehh?

I see besides the tantrums of France, Belgium and Germany that the rest of Europe, not including Russia, since they are considered Eurasia, support the Coalition

I see only three European nations aren't willing to defend freedom. Wasn't Germany against Reagan's "attitude" towards the Soviet Union. Of course, they objected to our presence there in 1943 as well.

i see a lot of things that can be touched and retouched. I am not going to go over them. I have said my peace. I am not against this war, I am for it. I am also for my family and friends who are serving to remove this Regime. I am for our troops and the safe return. I am for the process of due cause. They refused to follow 12 years of sanction 1 more week or 100 more years are not going to change them.

John

#22 ·
Don't you think that if someone blew up some of your country (sept 11 for example) You'd want to kill them? make them pay? see them suffer?

What do you think Iraqi people are thinking right now, watching their sons die in service for their country, trying to stop the invasion?

Do you think they are going to FORGET about it? Oh, it's OK mr Bush, we can see your point of view now we've been liberated and all...

Tell me - Is this half witted and non fact filled information? No, it's common sense. I'd get pissed of if someone from the other side of the world killed MY family. Whatever I thought about the current leadership of my country.

You talk about terrorists being arrested who are trying to blow up Americans - are you suprised now?
Well, you'd better get used to it, at least when your getting searched before you're allowed to enter a shopping centre, you'll know that you've done the right thing.

These people don't want to kill you for no reason you know. This war isn't going to solve anything, it's just going to create more problems.

Q) If you were Saddam, and totaly dedicated to killing Americans, and if you had weapons of mass destruction in your country, what's the first thing you would do when you realised you were going to get invaded?

A) 1. Use these weapons
2. Hide these weapons in sympathetic arab states
3. Sell them to terrorists.

And what's going to happen now, when the war is finished, and no weapons are found?

Who is next?

Do you really think people, especially those of the islam faith, are going to see these kind of actions as America 'Just doing our duty for humanity'?

Where is it going to stop? People too afraid of chemical and biological weapon attacks to leave their homes? doing everything over the internet because they are terrified of going outside?

You are trying to argue that this is what you're trying to prevent, by severely pissing off the arabs and people of the islamic faith. Hmm. I see a lot of logic in that.

#23 ·
I am amazed at some of the pro US bullshit being written here. Bush declared war on terrorism, targeted Bin Laden and couldnt find him sung to the tune of "oh where oh where can my bin laden be". Then started his diatribe about how the US were to be the moral police of the western world. Fact is Bush had a score to settle with Hussein, his dady started the job so dubya has to finish daddys dirty work. Fact the us has supplied weapons to Iraq. Fact no chemical weapons or weapons of mass destruction have been found. Fact Hitler declared it was a "race war" right from the start, Bush has cowered blustered and lied about his motives for this war. I dont support Husseins regime, but i definitely do not support the terrorist tactics that bush has used either. He basically told the British and Australian governments to support the US or no help would be forthcoming in any future wars. Shit if the sovereignty of the US borders or coast line were threatened Australia would be the first to help out but Bush blackmailed our governm,ent into supporting this action. John Howard bucled and gave in to a schoolyard thug. As for the so called coalition again of 40 supposed members why havent the seconded troops to Iraq?
The French have shown more balls in war than the US ever has, remember Viet Nam the french left viet nam because it was unwinable, what did the US do, jump in and fight a lost battle.
Asin Viet Nam and now Iraq the US have proved one thing they are great at killing their allies and hopeless at killing an enemy. The only reason that the coalition forces have advanced so far is cos of the aussies and poms.
Humanitarian aid to iraq is delivered by who, the Aussie navy, who cleared the mines etc Aussies again i could go on but wont.
A final note the United States is becoming a terrorist nation. They are not the worlds moral police, and all they encourage by this action is more attacks on their nation.
And LunaticSVT i would put my money on the Legion anyday over the US military.

#24 ·
LunaticSVT, you are obviously not listening to what is being said.

Let me spell it out.

NOBODY IS SAYING SADAAM IS RIGHT!!!! YOU IDIOT!!!

I understan you have your own point of view, even if I do not agree with it, but what do you think gives you the right to denigrate the rest of the world in such an insulting and self-destructive manner, just because they do not agree with you?

You seem to be so caught up in your hate, spewing these poorly-written, vitriolic messages all over the place, you are not listening to anybody else.

Many people are objecting to Bush's tactics and attitude, NOT the removal of Sadaam!

Also, your off-topic rantings about Australia's public health and school systems are so ill-informed as to verge on the moronic.
This type of behaviour we are seeing from you here is so very akin to the idiots on Jerry Springer, giving good American citizens a bad name.

You need to understand that these forums are intended to be a place for discussions of issues, not diatribes! If you cannot express yourself without ranting, shut up.

And, while I am on the subject, this behaviour of yours is EXACTLY why the rest of the world is worried about the motives and intentions of the USA. You people do not seem to realise the deep distrust and even dislike which your president is generating worldwide with his actions and speeches.
People like you and George Bush are the main reason terrorists exist - you push people past their limits and then wonder why they want to kill you? I want to at least knock some sense into you and I've spoken to you what, twice?

Not that, I suppose, you will live any differently under the shadow of terrorist threat - after all, your schools already have metal detectors on the doors so the students can't bring weapons to class!

#25 ·
Pup>> I did actually live in France for 3 years in a small village called Fourqueu 30 minutes south of Paris so I do know a little about the french and their behaviour. they are arrogant and dismissive to ANYONE who is not french, they only tolerate aussies because we're so far away from them that it doesn't matter. Check your war history books...... you'll find the last person to put up a decent fight for the french was Napoleon and we all know how that one testicled frog ended up.......

I do not like or want any war but unfortunately with people like Sadam there is no other option, he's simply not going to give up his weapons (which were supplied by FRANCE and RUSSIA, two countries to veto any UN action coincidently)

but anyway I couls s**t on for years here and it's not worth it.....

just MHO

#26 ·
MongrelEB>> do you REALLY think a man such as Saddam, who has assasinated several of his own cabinet for not agreeing with him, will ever allow himself to be dictated to by these UN people you say will be surrounding him in his office???????????????????

remember he has one of the most tightly controlled countries in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.