Ford Forums banner

Head Work

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  SlAmMeD_fAlCon 
#1 ·
Heys guys, Im planning to do a head gasket on my ea soon and i was just wondering what experiences people have had in regards to machinging of the head....do a lot or a little, i have manual, exctrators, exhaust...should a little head work give me a noticable power gain??? and what is the averege price or abouts for headwork both standard and for extra work???
Cheers

#4 ·
wouldn't putting a 4 litre head on a 3.9 lower the compression an in fact adversly effect performance? I guess the larger ports etc would offset this but wouldn't better gains be had from getting work done to the 3.9 head instead if you weer using the 3.9 litre block???

#6 ·
apparently EA heads are the worst of the e-series. Why not get a later model head and work that? I've had my EA head worked by SVO for 800 bux. It will give you a power gain but to get the most out of it you really need a cam. Just get a Wade regrind for 150 bux or whatever they are and chuck that in at the same time.

#11 ·
there would be a slight drop in CR but the extra port flow will offset that then add some grunt, so its deffinatly worth while. run it with the au metal head gasket and there should be as big a drop in the CR

ef heads are every where, reco'd ones are about 500 odd buck.

cheers.joe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.