Help - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2007, 00:54   #1 (permalink)

Question Help

Greetings all I have a NA fairlaine 89 model sedan. Everything works as in tempreture control works fine but the buttons when you hit them to change the air as in where it comes out there is no joy. The buttons themselves work fine have pulled them out and the contacts are all good and the light works when pressed. MY parents had an ea sedan and there was some random vacum hose some where is this the same thing in the fairlaine. If so where is said vacum hose thingy. There is a random small back hose that isnt plugged into anything under the bonnet. The hose in question is bout 2mm in diameter and a werid hard plastic. It runs intiailly next to like a bright green tube as well. Any info would be very handy. Ta
boiler_maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2007, 01:12   #2 (permalink)
fordmech

Re: Hhhheeeelllpppp

Hi mate
You could have one of two problems, either your control module is not working or there's a vacuum leak somewhere. If you have a leak, the air will always come out at the windscreen because this is its default position when there's no vacuum. If this is the case, look for disconnected/broken vacuum hoses or hissing sounds that will tell you where the leak is. It's too hard for me to tell you where to start looking cause I don't even know if you have a V8 or a six cylinder and the vacuum hoses and routings will be different for these models. If you can, post a picture of the hose you mention to tell you if it's relevant or not, as it could be an Evap system hose and they're not related to your interior vacuum system. Cheers,
marc
backlash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:34   #3 (permalink)

I have today being 4/7 found the minie hose i was looking for it is a 6 by the way. It has come out and hence forth no vacuum. Thanks for your help anyways.

Also while i am gettin help i am thinkin bout putting a baby supercharger on it to run 6 or 7psi just so it moves when you put your foot down due to the silly rations. Do i need to do anything to the motor for such minor pressure? And do i have to change much or anything in the pc. I will be fitting all new exhaust to the car shortly so will do it all to match the charger if i get one.
boiler_maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 18:12   #4 (permalink)

My understanding is: it needs to run richer under load. the standard injectors can run around 10% richer but it may not be enough. Also if your oxygen sensor is old and not working right this may also cause it to run too lean (or rich).

I was told some of the rich chips you can buy for falcons and commodores are enough for low boost systems (injectors are still the limiting factor though), but your going to have to just run it and see. install it and get on the motorway and load it up back off load it up back off (repeat a few times) pull up asap and pull a few plugs to get a look at the colour to determine if your running to lean under load. if you are you will need bigger injectors.

If by chance your still running too rich then your oxy sensor is screwed and your up for 300+ bucks so im told, but the good news is once it is replaced your injectors will handle the mix at those pounds. :)

Hope that helps

(lol, here i am giving advice while my own clevo gives me issues).
revinant99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons