Help: Ford Falcon Car purchase dispute-who should i approach - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 16:14   #1 (permalink)

Question Help: Ford Falcon Car purchase dispute-who should i approach

I have bought a 05/2005 Ford Falcon BF MKII XT from melbourne biggest auction company in Altona. when i took it to the showroom for RWC, they told it's Ford Falcon BA MKII XT. Even invoice, auction catalogue and Specifications displayed on Car are clearly evident that it's BF XT.
Ford sent a verification letter that my car is Ford Falcon BA XT.
When i approached auctioneer with this fact, and pleaded that you sold me a wrong model car. he offered me $350.00. i refused to take that money and requested him to give me BF XT. They are reluctuntat to take back my car or ready to give another BF XT model. in this situation who should i approach?

I suggest other members also, please be careful when you are purchasing from this auctioneer.
CRAZY1716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2009, 14:15   #2 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Re: Help: Ford Falcon Car purchase dispute-who should i approach

The problem must be with the auctioned car being misrepresented so it is the auctioneer/auction house problem.

If it was advertised as something different to what it was then they are wrong. I dont see why you shouldn't be able to get a full refund if you are unhappy because of this. They may be willing to pay you more money as you got less of a car that you thought but it will be your decision as to whether you take a full refund and look again or take some cash to make up for it.
Old 01-14-2009, 23:12   #3 (permalink)

Thank you Big Block Ford,
May i know who should i approach to get the full refund of my vehicle. Auctioneer is not willing to take the vehicle back.
I am new to this country.

Thanks
Crazy1716
CRAZY1716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 18:06   #4 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAZY1716 View Post
Thank you Big Block Ford,
May i know who should i approach to get the full refund of my vehicle. Auctioneer is not willing to take the vehicle back.
I am new to this country.

Thanks
Crazy1716
You will need to approach the business that the vehicle was auctioned through. Was it a car dealer or an auction house of some name. If they are unwilling to listen and do something about it then there will also be a consumer complaints office.

If you are in Australia then here is a website that may help.

ACCC home

Find a contact ph number and they will give you advice on what to do next.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons