Help - Interior Lighting Doesnt work after BA Alarm fitted - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2004, 01:46   #1 (permalink)
BA FALCON XR6™

Help - Interior Lighting Doesnt work after BA Alarm fitted

I was just wondering if anyone has had problems with their interior lighting after having the factory alarm installed. Since i had to it fitted today my car no longer has interior illumination and im a little concerned. I tried replacing the fuse however this did nothing. Does anyone know if there is any possible link between the interior lighting and the fitment of an alarm. Taking the car back monday but obviously dont want them to have to pull the whole car apart to fix the problem...
FPV TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2004, 16:51   #2 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

Re: Help - Interior Lighting Doesnt work after BA Alarm fitted

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV TURBO
I was just wondering if anyone has had problems with their interior lighting after having the factory alarm installed. Since i had to it fitted today my car no longer has interior illumination and im a little concerned. I tried replacing the fuse however this did nothing. Does anyone know if there is any possible link between the interior lighting and the fitment of an alarm. Taking the car back monday but obviously dont want them to have to pull the whole car apart to fix the problem...
Strange problem.

Sounds like someone connected something wrong or forgot to reconnect something.

I'd see what the dealer says Monday. Probably a silly little mistake on someones part, which will hopefully only take 5 minutes to fix.
Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
E-mail: jr@streetfords.com

Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 02:34   #3 (permalink)
Master Tech

Alarm in BA is controlled by the Body Electronics Module (BEM). This is also responsible for interior/exterior lighting, door locks, mirrors etc. In short the BEM installed may have its preferences set incorrectly, which is no big drama to rectify. In the short term, try holding the interior light button on for several seconds. This is due to a function in the BEM which allows for the interior light to be disabled when the door is opened. Other than that, leave it to your dealer.
Old 12-20-2004, 03:48   #4 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

When an alarm is fitted to any car it must have a direct connection to the light cicuit so that the alarm can trigger when the doors open.I think that this installer has accidently cut the wire for the light at the the bcm.Any other questions? Let me know because I do know,and always happy to help you guys out.
useless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 21:26   #5 (permalink)
BA Barracus

Hi, i had a aftermarket alarm(Rhino) fitted to my BA ute, in short the guy wasn't too sure how the alarm would unlock the doors and more importantly trip the alarm when the doors are opened.
For a while i didn't notice the passenger door wasn't armed, ie door could be opened with factory key fob and only when i traced the wiring i found that he had connected a change-over relay(5pin) in the driver door circuit(yellow wire) in drivers side kick panel for unlocking that door and not both doors as i would like.
I have traced wiring back to Body Electronics Module(BEM), and found a trigger wire for door locks, i assume this is the alarm upgrade connection point but getting a wiring diagram of these new cars is hard, and ford didn't want to help, so i will keep lookin for one.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons