Help me figure out my AUII controls :) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2003, 16:49   #1 (permalink)
Loco

Help me figure out my AUII controls :)

VERY Proud owner of a new Falcon AU Series II, however, I need some help from you guys to figure out how to use alot of the stuff.

1) Cruise Control. How to enable it? The switch which is on the blinker switch, when I turn it up makes "CRUISE" appear, but the car still slows down when I let me foot off the accelerator? My understanding is that when you hit CRUISE at 60KM, the car stays at 60KM and I don't have to do anything. Is that right? :)

2) Gear Shift Lifts at Night. How do I turn it off? I have to "feel" if I'm in reverse, or in Drive at the moment at night. Funny thing is, my drink last night fell and bumped something in the gear shift, and the light turned on!! But I couldnt see any buttons or anything, and when I turned her off and back on, it will off :/

More questions to come :)

Cheers guys
Bangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2003, 17:21   #2 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

Re: Help me figure out my AUII controls :)

I don't have an AU but I think it will be similar to my EL. For the cruise control, you need to activate it so that CRUISE appears on yuor dash and then press the + or - button on your steering wheel. That will lock in our speed. You can then also use the + and - button to alter you speed by 2 km/h with each click.

About the light in the gear selector, I have the same thing. Sometimes it's off and sometimes it's on. Probably just a loose connection between the wiring and bulb holder. I have no idea how to check or fix it though!

BTW, did you car with an owner's manual? The cruise control should be explained in there and should tell what other functions it can do such as the RES/COAST button. That deactivates cruise control but remembers the speed so if you're driving along and need to slow down for a bit just press RES/COAST and the car will slow and you'll need to accellerate manually. When you're ready to cruise again press RES/COAST again and the car will speed up to the cruise speed and stay there.
Like I said, I have an EL so if the AU's don't have RES/COAST then disregard that last paragraph.
Off-white EL Series II Falcon GLi Sapphire (4.0L Slothmatic™) with K&N Filtercharger, Tickford Sports Suspension, DBA Longlife Gold (front), DBA Longlife Slotted (rear) and Bendix Ultimates all round. Driven by The Slothman™.

Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, or the Ford Forums Food Bandits, where cruising, eating and talking shite is what it's all about. Click here to visit the official (albeit slightly outdated) website!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team GT Media
We love having 3FB Inc guys around!
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 17:31   #3 (permalink)
Loco

Awesome! So even though CRUISE is showing, it isn't activated until I press the +/- Keys on the Steering Wheel?

Yeh, the RES/COAST was my next questions :) So with RES/COAST, If I see I need to slow down, I need to press the button BEFORE I hit the brake, slow down, then once I press it again, CRUISE kicks in and It's away?
Old 12-22-2003, 18:03   #4 (permalink)
Bourbon powered V8

Read your owners manual bangers or you may find that using your cruise may end up with mash.

If you need to slow down, hit the brakes. When you want to set your previous speed again, hit the RES/COAST button. If you just want to slow down, you can hit the RES/COAST which will turn the cruise off and the car will decelerate slowly.

AU1 XR8 Auto 147.9 rwkw (approx 215 fwkw)

AU2 Wagon HAD Auto
17s, Pacemakers, 3" Intake & Pod filter (The Family Hack)

Member of:
FPV-XR Club ACT
AUFalcon.com
ATPS (honorary)
JC-XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 22:02   #5 (permalink)
Loco

Thanks for the replies :)

Can anyone answer my question about the Gear Shift Lights?
Old 12-22-2003, 22:33   #6 (permalink)

Can't help with the Gear Shift lights (check the wiring?)

I thought I'd clarify the Cruise operation.....

To initially set your speed, turn on Cruise, get to the speed you want, then press the SET (+) button. Release the accelerator and it's working. To disengage either touch the RES/Coast Button OR touch the brake (or clutch in a manual). To resume at the setting you had, press the RES/Coast button.

To change the set speed, there are two ways. Pressing the + button while Cruise is operating maintaining a speed will increase that speed by about 2km/h. Pressing - will decrease by the same amount. NOTE that if it's not currently maintaining a speed, pressing + will set the control to the speed you're currently on (as it did when you first set the speed).

Secondly, even when a speed is being maintained, you can accelerate. When you release the accelerator, the car will settle back onto cruise control at the originally set speed. HOWEVER, if you accelerate and then hold the + button for a couple of seconds at a higher speed, that new speed will be set. To set for a lower speed (rather than continually pressing the - button, just disengage (brake or Coast), slow to your desired speed, then press the + again (i.e. doing what you originally did).

I hope all that makes sense. The main thing to remember is that while a speed is being maintained, pressing + will increase the setting by 2km/h, but holding it for longer will reset the setting to whatever speed you've accelerated to. When it's disengaged, the + button always SETs to the current speed.
wrenfrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 05:14   #7 (permalink)
Loco

Sweet, figured the cruise control out, and its working. Very handy on the highways, stop you speeding :)

Figured out the Gear Shift Lights too...if I give it a tap, it turns on ? :confused:
Old 12-23-2003, 05:39   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangers
Sweet, figured the cruise control out, and its working. Very handy on the highways, stop you speeding :)

Figured out the Gear Shift Lights too...if I give it a tap, it turns on ? :confused:
Nothing to be confused about,its a faulty globe,replace the globe and everythink will be fine.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons