Help me make my XF that little bit nicer please!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2004, 05:12   #1 (permalink)
Lyrical Mastermind

Help me make my XF that little bit nicer please!!!

hey everone, i have an 87 s pak falcon. im 17 and yeah am taking a year off after skool before uni. its my parents old car so yeah doesnt have anything different with it other than a huge ass bullbar im gunna take off and "old people" type seat covers lol. ive been thinking i would ask the pro's what i can do to make my car that little bit nicer without spending shitloads, kos im not made of money lol. so far all ive been workin on is the sound system, i have a pioneer head unit, two 6 1/2 inch speakers in the parcel shelf and two in the front doors (anyone notice u cant really use spaces kos the window handles sit so low u cant turn them if u use spaces??) and shortly to have subs in the boot. but yeah i thought i would get any ideas and advice as to what i can do to make it that little bit nicer. i was thinkin of gettin some awesome seat covers, a set of neons even tho the cops are strict as hell on them here ill still get them. but yeah all thoughts are welcome please!!!!!
xf_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2004, 17:25   #2 (permalink)
Abuser of Charvels

Re: Help me make my XF that little bit nicer please!!!

Well, your stereo sounds nice but won't make your car look nicer, if you know what I mean, lol...and the seat covers and neons? A stock XF isn't going to benefit from seat covers alone, and neons are just not a good idea unless you're planning on entering your car in Fast and the Furious 3 or something.

To make your car look good first get a set of wheels that look good that you can afford, then lower it with aftermarket springs and shocks. A bit of window tint won't go astray and viola!, a good lookin' XF. Most cars will benefit from wheels, lowering and tint, it helps a lot.

Vic

Venom BA XR8 - 5spd - Leather - Premium Sound - 18"s - King Springs-SSL/SL - DBA Slotted Rotors & Ferodo pads
D.N.A.
FPV XR Owners Club ACT
Charvel/Jackson Guitars
Genebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 17:28   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

What Genebaby said plus a new exhaust, 2.5 is best and maybe some extractors. These will give you a bit more grunt and a nice exhaust note as well. Other than that, just look at the car and neaten up anything you think needs it. Maybe if you post some pics we can offer some suggestions? Colour coding on door handles etc looks great. Definately no neons or anything, turning a nice Ford into a Ricer is a crime!
BlueAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 17:34   #4 (permalink)
Abuser of Charvels

Yes, after you've lowered, tinted etc, do the exhaust. Hmmm...this is reminding me of my XF Ghia......

Venom BA XR8 - 5spd - Leather - Premium Sound - 18"s - King Springs-SSL/SL - DBA Slotted Rotors & Ferodo pads
D.N.A.
FPV XR Owners Club ACT
Charvel/Jackson Guitars
Genebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 17:45   #5 (permalink)
disarm you with a smile

get a set of wheels, set of lowered springs, window tint, exhaust and it will be a nice cruiser.

should only set you back a top of about 2500.
Old 05-06-2004, 17:49   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xf_dude
hey everone, i have an 87 s pak falcon. im 17 and yeah am taking a year off after skool before uni. its my parents old car so yeah doesnt have anything different with it other than a huge ass bullbar im gunna take off and "old people" type seat covers lol. ive been thinking i would ask the pro's what i can do to make my car that little bit nicer without spending shitloads, kos im not made of money lol. so far all ive been workin on is the sound system, i have a pioneer head unit, two 6 1/2 inch speakers in the parcel shelf and two in the front doors (anyone notice u cant really use spaces kos the window handles sit so low u cant turn them if u use spaces??) and shortly to have subs in the boot. but yeah i thought i would get any ideas and advice as to what i can do to make it that little bit nicer. i was thinkin of gettin some awesome seat covers, a set of neons even tho the cops are strict as hell on them here ill still get them. but yeah all thoughts are welcome please!!!!!
Mate go back to SKOOL and learn to spell KOS u needs to !!!!!!

My Car
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 18:10   #7 (permalink)
HOG Member!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane3
Mate go back to SKOOL and learn to spell KOS u needs to !!!!!!
hey pal he asked for advice not a spelling lesson. give the young bloke ago. not everyone has money to burn from a inheritance or a compo payout.

xf dude go with what blackout suggested. you can't go wrong with those sort of mods to bring any ford up to scratch. good luck with it mate.
Henry F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 19:53   #8 (permalink)
Lyrical Mastermind

thanks everyone, how much does window tinting cost these days kos ive been thinkin bout it for a while...and shane, get over urself i was only askin for assistance not a spelling lesson, ive happily graduated and am heading to uni next year and can spell better than most, but my years of messenger have caused me to adopt the letter 'k' into most places 'c' usually lays lol. but yeah my mother has a mate thats a mechanic, so yeah i can get stuff done for a bit cheaper, but yeah i was thinkin bout gettin a tint and some nice wheels or somethin
xf_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 20:14   #9 (permalink)
disarm you with a smile

i think around $300 for the tint.

shane3; that was really unneccesary.

a set of EL XR wheels in 16" would suit an XF for a max price of around $800.

Or snowflakes if yer huge into wheels etc.

Might be good to invest in getting the XG/XH XR lights fitted to front, they always look killer on XF's..

other than that, most of it has already been said
Old 05-07-2004, 00:04   #10 (permalink)
falcon amazing

what colour is the car? a good wash / detail will keep it looking a million dollars.

Polish, colourcode bumpers, change grill to the one of a 93 ute, tyre shine, repaint any faded metals around windows etc....

all other mods that have been suggested ie: WHEELS are a must, lowering and tinting, should have it looking sweet in no time
SLY_GLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons