Help, is my XR8 cursed??? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2003, 16:39   #1 (permalink)

confused Help, is my XR8 cursed???

Now look, I dunno if it is just me, but ever since I have been driving my baby, i have had numerous "near calls". Only yesterday, I nearly had a shitbox commodore wagon sitting on my lap!! He did a u-turn in front of me and missed me by a bee's dick. At least I know my brakes are working well................thank god! Could it be that people are mesmorised by the look of these excellent cars, that they forget to watch the road..........I wonder. It is harvest green, so it shouldnt be hard to see, so what is the problem? Am getting sick of having to abuse people for being absolute dickheads, but have come across a few choice words that I dont think are in the english language and certainly pack a punch. If anyone was to run into me, i think i would be up on an assault charge. People say, "it's only a car", but thats because they dont own the best damn car on the road. That's my gripe for the day..........whadda think the problem is?
blondie100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2003, 17:19   #2 (permalink)
Bourbon powered V8

Re: Help, is my XR8 cursed???

The problem is that our licensing system gives a license to anyone who can parallel park and do a three point turn (in whatever number of turns you need to complete the turn). It also has a lot to do with some people who are only worried about themselves, and have no consideration for other road users - in this bundle, I include anyone who doesn't indicate when turning, people who hog the RH lane on a multi-lane road and those who drive around with high beam on day or night!

AU1 XR8 Auto 147.9 rwkw (approx 215 fwkw)

AU2 Wagon HAD Auto
17s, Pacemakers, 3" Intake & Pod filter (The Family Hack)

Member of:
FPV-XR Club ACT
AUFalcon.com
ATPS (honorary)
JC-XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 17:25   #3 (permalink)
FFing Festive

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie100
whadda think the problem is?
This is possibly what is going through other people's minds:

"Look! What's that? You gotta be kidding, they actually make them in that colour???!!!" followed by squeal of locked up tyres

Actually I saw an XR6 with Ford 18"s and it looked damn good!
Old 12-18-2003, 19:57   #4 (permalink)

Oh that was you in the Falcon? that was me, yea sorry about that mate i wasnt looking and i didnt see you, Nice car though!

hehe, jk
Ambrose_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 22:24   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie100
Now look, I dunno if it is just me, but ever since I have been driving my baby, i have had numerous "near calls". Only yesterday, I nearly had a shitbox commodore wagon sitting on my lap!! He did a u-turn in front of me and missed me by a bee's dick. At least I know my brakes are working well................thank god! Could it be that people are mesmorised by the look of these excellent cars, that they forget to watch the road..........I wonder. It is harvest green, so it shouldnt be hard to see, so what is the problem? Am getting sick of having to abuse people for being absolute dickheads, but have come across a few choice words that I dont think are in the english language and certainly pack a punch. If anyone was to run into me, i think i would be up on an assault charge. People say, "it's only a car", but thats because they dont own the best damn car on the road. That's my gripe for the day..........whadda think the problem is?
Maybe it is actually blessed? You HAVE actually avoided these incidents!
Nobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 22:34   #6 (permalink)

Wink Re: Help, is my XR8 cursed???

thanks for your words of wisdom guys. Curse or no curse, it is the best money I have ever spent. Off to Melbourne tomorrow to take it for a bit of a run and hope to return with no speeding tickets and my licence!!! Nah, I will drive within the speed limit.................NOT.
blondie100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 16:00   #7 (permalink)
R31 owner, Ford supporter

I've had so many absolute idiots on the road in front of me, ever since I got my L's earlier this year, and now my P's a few weeks ago! I hate people that brake suddenly and early, then roll up 5 car lengths, really slowly, and then leave a car length in front of them! ARGH! I was getting so annoyed of crappy drivers that I decided to become one, and went 190km/h down this hilly part of some road on the way out to Port Noarlunga. The Magna didn't feel very nice that night, and it had been raining!

Next car - EB XR8

Last edited by crayman; 12-19-2003 at 16:03.
crayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 17:12   #8 (permalink)
Lord of the RC

I think its cos most of the population of drivers are a bunch of SmackTards(copyrighted to whomever came up with it, i forget now )

Most of them dont have a damn clue on how to drive or anything for that matter, im surprised they can manage in life..
fordel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 18:26   #9 (permalink)
Now driving an XF Falcon.

I think the problem is that it is just too damn easy to get your drivers license - well, at least here in Victoria it is. Also, there are too many people who have forgotten the road rules (or don't give a shit), people who don't concentrate on what they are doing, people who shouldn't physically be driving a car (poor eye site, taking medication or illegal drugs that affect their reaction times, and so on...), and people that don't understand just how dangerous a car can be if you lose control of it...
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 22:23   #10 (permalink)
BOSS 260

crayman - saying that u did 190km/h in rainy weather.....that's just silly mate.
u dont deserve to have a license ...or else ur asking for a big fine.....in the rain as well....thats the worst part of it mate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons