Help Old Falcons - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2004, 03:28   #1 (permalink)

Help Old Falcons

After many years I have just discovered my XD, is not just an FALCON XD S PAK but an XD JOHN GOSS SPECIAL.

After finding out this information I surfed trhe net for any history of this make but unfortunatley i couldnt find any....I looked under many threads in this forum but still couldnt find any relevant information. I know this car is a rare type but I want to know more eg how many were made and how much they are worth. This car has fairly low kms as it has been garaged for a while so if it is rare that is a bonus.

IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION COULD YOU PLEASE ADD IT HERE OR EMAIL ME THANKS....
xdgoss special is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2004, 03:32   #2 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

Re: Help Old Falcons

how did you find out it was a John Goss?
Old 08-03-2004, 03:39   #3 (permalink)

2 ways

as the car was previously my granfathers, I pulled an old photo album which the car was in.....on the side of the car the word JOHN GOSS SPECIAL was written.

Also the cars manual has the specs of the car it it which says its a GOSS

I havent checked under the hood yet to c

but i still want sum info
Old 08-03-2004, 03:44   #4 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

id be checking numbers before i got too excited. it isnt hard to make a replica even back in the day. take a look around at the 10000+ XY GTs kickin around. would be good if it was a real one though. get the numbers and ring up Ford and they will tell you straight away what it is.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:49   #5 (permalink)

yeh im gonna ring FORD

I rang my old man and he is 100% sure that it is a GOSS b/c it was his first car...i didnt know about this

aparently there was oinly a small amount produced aorund the same as an XC Cobra. The car is running mechanically fine....what do u rekon it would sell for fully restored b/c it is similar to a BROCK Special produced by Holden at the same time and they are retailing fairly high

thanks for ur help i still need more
Old 08-03-2004, 06:08   #6 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

well price really depends if people see it as an investment. you could put 15k on it and it might sell straight away or it might never sell. it depends on the market i guess. if they are seen as collectable then you could get some $$ for it but to most that dont know its just another XD. contact a car club and you will be able to get more info and probably a sales cost figure too.
Old 08-05-2004, 00:44   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
id be checking numbers before i got too excited. it isnt hard to make a replica even back in the day. take a look around at the 10000+ XY GTs kickin around. would be good if it was a real one though. get the numbers and ring up Ford and they will tell you straight away what it is.
I was thinking my XD was just a glitch as my mate told me Holden did this with this with some of there Brocks but thanks davway I rang ford but their Melboune Head Office have deleted all info for models made before 1985 but they put me onto a section in head office which operates once a week so i will be certain next wednesday. The person i spoke to said that it was more than likley a goss because of its numbers JGS (John Goss Special). Is their any source which has info on old falcons besides fords site if any one knows any please post them thanks.

If you have any info or any old cars u have that are collects but arent sure like i was post.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:15   #8 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

you got a phone number that i could call Ford on? i have an XF pano with no vin plates or anything just the engine number on the engine and the chassis number on the chassis. vic roads are trying to tell me its an 85 model but its unleaded and the badge on the fender says "alloy head 2" so im thinking its a bit newer since its only got 219000km on it ( i guess its original as it has the original motor too). would just like to find out for sure what is really going on with the van for my own piece of mind.
Old 08-06-2004, 05:52   #9 (permalink)
Australian BA XR6 Falcon

Unleaded XF's (86 onwards) got the side repeater indicators in the wraparound bumper. Of course the fuel filler neck should have the unleaded restrictor.

The Ford number is in the phonebook, its the customer service centre or something like that, a toll free number too!

Look for date stamps on various components, this should give you a rought indication of the manufacture date - components will typically be withing 3 months or less than the build date.

xdgoss special,

I posted a lead for you in the rare Falcons thread - Wayne Draper.

I'm not sure where you got JGS from, but if its off the ID plate the JG at least brakes down to -

J -country code for Australia
G - Broadmeadows assembly plant
Don't know what S would be as the next 2 digits are numbers and would be something like 23 for Falcon sedan, S could be something for special order though.

A normal number would be something like -

JG23WC12345

Australia, Broady, Falcon sedan, 1979, Jan then unique number.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 07:25   #10 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

well my van has the side repeators and it says unleaded on the filler neck so vicroads dont know shit then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons