Hints for the BAII - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2003, 10:49   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 179
Hints for the BAII

Since Ford have revealed further details of the new Territory at the Sydney motor show, I think this new model has some subtle hints about the BAII...

1. Notice the cup holders behind the transmission are back! I think this will flow back inot the Falcon as many have complained about the lack of centre console storage. .....at last somewhere to put my mobile phone !

2. In the specifications section, it just says "Automatic Transmission with Sequential Sports Shift (SSS)", no reference to gears. I think the territory will have a 5-speed auto as standard.
I believe the BAII will have at least a 5-speed auto for all models across the range, with an option of going to a 6-speed for Fairmont and XR models.

3. Dash material looks smoother. The pictures are not exactly clear. If were lucky, hopefully this spells the end of the 'dimple' (dry dog nose) cheap looking plastic dash.
Can anyone who has gone to the motor-show confirm this.....???

Sounds like some good, worthwhile changes are coming ......

Anyone else picked up somethin I've missed ????
JamesA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-21-2003, 23:28   #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: VIC
Posts: 911
Re: Hints for the BAII

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesA
Since Ford have revealed further details of the new Territory at the Sydney motor show, I think this new model has some subtle hints about the BAII...

1. Notice the cup holders behind the transmission are back! I think this will flow back inot the Falcon as many have complained about the lack of centre console storage. .....at last somewhere to put my mobile phone !

2. In the specifications section, it just says "Automatic Transmission with Sequential Sports Shift (SSS)", no reference to gears. I think the territory will have a 5-speed auto as standard.
I believe the BAII will have at least a 5-speed auto for all models across the range, with an option of going to a 6-speed for Fairmont and XR models.

3. Dash material looks smoother. The pictures are not exactly clear. If were lucky, hopefully this spells the end of the 'dimple' (dry dog nose) cheap looking plastic dash.
Can anyone who has gone to the motor-show confirm this.....???

Sounds like some good, worthwhile changes are coming ......

Anyone else picked up somethin I've missed ????
1.I bet there are more storage compartments/holders then you would ever need,
2. The auto is still the same as BA ie. 4 speed with changed ratios somewhere in the drive train to help haul upto 2 tonnes and
3.The interior is very similar to BA but starts at a higher spec then Futura level.
4. It will be a great driving vehicle.
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 03:47   #3 (permalink)
Territory - 2004 COTY
 
Organza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sydney
Posts: 227
Re: Hints for the BAII

"dry dog nose" cheap looking plastic?

wow ... you're a hard man to please James. Ford uses the same plastic finish on BA (cant remember the exact name for it) as BMW have used in all their cars for many years ....

For me .... I reckon it looks and feels great. Its a beautiful quality grain - certainly streets ahead of anything else locally made.
Organza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 15:03   #4 (permalink)
FF Moderator
 
CDAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: South Australia
Age: 44
Posts: 2,202
Re: Hints for the BAII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organza
"dry dog nose" cheap looking plastic?

wow ... you're a hard man to please James. Ford uses the same plastic finish on BA (cant remember the exact name for it) as BMW have used in all their cars for many years ....

For me .... I reckon it looks and feels great. Its a beautiful quality grain - certainly streets ahead of anything else locally made.
I would have to agree. A much better finish than that shiny plastic look, although I did like the padded finish of the Au XR's. As for cup holders, they should look to Holden for those niffty spring-out jobbies. I have no idea if they work well or not, but you could play with those things all day..lol
__________________
Design for every step. www.cdaa.com.au

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 15:13   #5 (permalink)
Territory TS - AWD
 
RAPTOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Kiama, NSW, Australia
Age: 50
Posts: 2,374
Re: Hints for the BAII

Transplant a Territory grill onto a BA and add the upper piece and there's your BAII grill IMO.

I noted that the Green 'T' (lower series?) had blacked out grill bars and black headlight surrounds (XT like) while the Silver 'T' (high series?) had the chrome grill bars and chrome headlight surrounds (Futura like).
__________________
Territory - WHEELS COTY
RAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 15:41   #6 (permalink)
Ford Europe Wannabe
 
TurboDOHC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Good ol' Geelong
Age: 33
Posts: 754
Re: Hints for the BAII

CDDA,

Those 'Holden' cupholders are actually straight from the Saab parts bin
TurboDOHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 16:39   #7 (permalink)
Can't wait for Winton...
 
outback_ute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Victoria
Posts: 2,759
Re: Hints for the BAII

They're from the 9-5, apparently the new 9-3 has a new design which is even better.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 22:18   #8 (permalink)
FF Moderator
 
CDAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: South Australia
Age: 44
Posts: 2,202
Re: Hints for the BAII

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDOHC
CDDA,

Those 'Holden' cupholders are actually straight from the Saab parts bin

lol, we that explains alot! Just when I though Holden may have the upper hand.
__________________
Design for every step. www.cdaa.com.au

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No spare tyre for BAII ??? falconS Australian Falcons 33 09-01-2003 06:07
BAII vs Holden ricecooker Australian Falcons 4 04-11-2003 01:46
Weight saving for BAII? harasn The Pub 38 10-30-2002 02:33
Ferrari boss hints at withdrawal from F1 FPRXR-6 Ford Racing Across the Globe 3 10-16-2002 02:50
Hints and Tips Budgie General PAG discussions 4 06-01-2002 16:13

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 23:14.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.