Hints for the BAII - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2003, 10:49   #1 (permalink)

Hints for the BAII

Since Ford have revealed further details of the new Territory at the Sydney motor show, I think this new model has some subtle hints about the BAII...

1. Notice the cup holders behind the transmission are back! I think this will flow back inot the Falcon as many have complained about the lack of centre console storage. .....at last somewhere to put my mobile phone !

2. In the specifications section, it just says "Automatic Transmission with Sequential Sports Shift (SSS)", no reference to gears. I think the territory will have a 5-speed auto as standard.
I believe the BAII will have at least a 5-speed auto for all models across the range, with an option of going to a 6-speed for Fairmont and XR models.

3. Dash material looks smoother. The pictures are not exactly clear. If were lucky, hopefully this spells the end of the 'dimple' (dry dog nose) cheap looking plastic dash.
Can anyone who has gone to the motor-show confirm this.....???

Sounds like some good, worthwhile changes are coming ......

Anyone else picked up somethin I've missed ????
JamesA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2003, 23:28   #2 (permalink)

Re: Hints for the BAII

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesA
Since Ford have revealed further details of the new Territory at the Sydney motor show, I think this new model has some subtle hints about the BAII...

1. Notice the cup holders behind the transmission are back! I think this will flow back inot the Falcon as many have complained about the lack of centre console storage. .....at last somewhere to put my mobile phone !

2. In the specifications section, it just says "Automatic Transmission with Sequential Sports Shift (SSS)", no reference to gears. I think the territory will have a 5-speed auto as standard.
I believe the BAII will have at least a 5-speed auto for all models across the range, with an option of going to a 6-speed for Fairmont and XR models.

3. Dash material looks smoother. The pictures are not exactly clear. If were lucky, hopefully this spells the end of the 'dimple' (dry dog nose) cheap looking plastic dash.
Can anyone who has gone to the motor-show confirm this.....???

Sounds like some good, worthwhile changes are coming ......

Anyone else picked up somethin I've missed ????
1.I bet there are more storage compartments/holders then you would ever need,
2. The auto is still the same as BA ie. 4 speed with changed ratios somewhere in the drive train to help haul upto 2 tonnes and
3.The interior is very similar to BA but starts at a higher spec then Futura level.
4. It will be a great driving vehicle.
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 03:47   #3 (permalink)
Territory - 2004 COTY

"dry dog nose" cheap looking plastic?

wow ... you're a hard man to please James. Ford uses the same plastic finish on BA (cant remember the exact name for it) as BMW have used in all their cars for many years ....

For me .... I reckon it looks and feels great. Its a beautiful quality grain - certainly streets ahead of anything else locally made.
Organza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 15:03   #4 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organza
"dry dog nose" cheap looking plastic?

wow ... you're a hard man to please James. Ford uses the same plastic finish on BA (cant remember the exact name for it) as BMW have used in all their cars for many years ....

For me .... I reckon it looks and feels great. Its a beautiful quality grain - certainly streets ahead of anything else locally made.
I would have to agree. A much better finish than that shiny plastic look, although I did like the padded finish of the Au XR's. As for cup holders, they should look to Holden for those niffty spring-out jobbies. I have no idea if they work well or not, but you could play with those things all day..lol

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 15:13   #5 (permalink)
Territory TS - AWD

Transplant a Territory grill onto a BA and add the upper piece and there's your BAII grill IMO.

I noted that the Green 'T' (lower series?) had blacked out grill bars and black headlight surrounds (XT like) while the Silver 'T' (high series?) had the chrome grill bars and chrome headlight surrounds (Futura like).
Old 10-28-2003, 15:41   #6 (permalink)
Ford Europe Wannabe

CDDA,

Those 'Holden' cupholders are actually straight from the Saab parts bin
TurboDOHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 16:39   #7 (permalink)
Can't wait for Winton...

They're from the 9-5, apparently the new 9-3 has a new design which is even better.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 22:18   #8 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDOHC
CDDA,

Those 'Holden' cupholders are actually straight from the Saab parts bin

lol, we that explains alot! Just when I though Holden may have the upper hand.

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons