Originally Posted by JamesA
Since Ford have revealed further details of the new Territory at the Sydney motor show, I think this new model has some subtle hints about the BAII...
1. Notice the cup holders behind the transmission are back! I think this will flow back inot the Falcon as many have complained about the lack of centre console storage. .....at last somewhere to put my mobile phone !
2. In the specifications section, it just says "Automatic Transmission with Sequential Sports Shift (SSS)", no reference to gears. I think the territory will have a 5-speed auto as standard.
I believe the BAII will have at least a 5-speed auto for all models across the range, with an option of going to a 6-speed for Fairmont and XR models.
3. Dash material looks smoother. The pictures are not exactly clear. If were lucky, hopefully this spells the end of the 'dimple' (dry dog nose) cheap looking plastic dash.
Can anyone who has gone to the motor-show confirm this.....???
Sounds like some good, worthwhile changes are coming ......
Anyone else picked up somethin I've missed ????
1.I bet there are more storage compartments/holders then you would ever need,
2. The auto is still the same as BA ie. 4 speed with changed ratios somewhere in the drive train to help haul upto 2 tonnes and
3.The interior is very similar to BA but starts at a higher spec then Futura level.
4. It will be a great driving vehicle.