Ford Forums banner

hmm Up and Down

5K views 58 replies 10 participants last post by  Sundeep 
#1 ·
Righto, this is going to be a big post so look out...well I came across a car the other week that I will own in about 1.5 months. I could get it now but I see no point in getting a loan and the owner said he is in no rush to sell it anyway. The specs are:

90 EA Fairmont
5 speed
ED 4.0 conversion, aswell as ED cooling, looming, the lot.
16' CSA Predators
Genuine ED XR front
Complete respray in Everglade Green (pretty sure anyway, I know its an E series green)
Brand new re-trimmed in S Pac Interior
XR6 badging and lip spoiler
Extractors (ill have to ask what brand)
Adjustable Blisten Shocks in the Rear
Nothelane (SP?) bushes
*edit* forgot about smartlock aswell

Also comes with Pedders lowered suspenion spring that Ill put in later.

I know your probably say, wtf is he getting another XR6 faker?! And im going down to a fairmont, and only up by 2 years in build dates. But for $4500 I reakon its alright. When I get it I plan to take every XR bagde off it, swap the rear ganish, but keep the wings on the sides.

It runs very very well, no ticking to hear of aswell. Do you think I should bother? Its in damn fine condition and exactly what I want.

I have pics but I have no were to host them, only about 9 jpegs so if I could email them to someone that would be awesome.

What do you guys think? I might also add that he is giving me $2500 for my car (ive put triple that into the sucker too). So its basically going to cost me $2000.

See less See more
#2 ·
Damn, selling your's, I was gonna offer to buy the lights :p

Sounds alright to me, 5 speed and 4.0, if it's in good nick too.

#3 ·
Also..the guy told me this.

At the moment its a 3 speed, but he is going to convert it for me for free (part of the agreement) as he has was going to convert it anyway, he already had the pedal box modified, with the clutch pedal under the carpet.

It has a power/economy button!! I thought only 4 speeds had these, but he told me it was made during the transition phase. I thought this was crock as 3 speeds aren't computer controlled?!! whats up there?!!

I told him can we keep the switch after the conversion>? Its gonig to be mounted up near the demister where there is a spot for a switch.

I have a pic of the auto when someone can host my pics.

#4 ·
email em my way.
falconv8@netspace.net.au

$2000 for what seems to be a better car by far... u keeping ur sound gear?

#5 ·
um actually phyco....I was going to offer my car to the e-series boys if I get a total equal to $2500..my car isn't a total peice of junk and should have some parts people want.

But it would have to equal what ive been offered.

#6 ·
EFFalcon said:
email em my way.
falconv8@netspace.net.au

$2000 for what seems to be a better car by far... u keeping ur sound gear?
yeap he doesn't want it so I keep it all. It works out beautifully

email on the way!..its a zip btw.

#7 ·
whats on ur car that makes it worth us buying ;)
i know of some stuff, but we want full info :p

#8 ·
EFFalcon said:
whats on ur car that makes it worth us buying ;)
i know of some stuff, but we want full info :p
lol..actually im not sure. I was hoping it maybe could be stripped and all the things sold could make it to $2500

Basically you can have anything. A quick list would be:

ED xr front end
reco-d 3 speed (yawn I know)
ghia velour interior - electrics the lot
ef xr6 rims
*edit* forgot about the brand new head, so engine is good excpet for slight tapping noise...theres gonna be other things i have forgotten about

*edit2*..lol...duel fuel system...

ummm..ok im struggling but yeah it was just a random thought thats all. Im not phased.

#9 ·
Well if you do strip it, I'll take the front off ya no worries!

#10 ·
convincing ED XR look alike!

#11 ·
yeah it was a bit dirty when i took the pics too..:/

I was impressed when I saw it, so im saving like crazy at the moment!

#12 ·
Wouldn't pick it was an EA besides the interior.

#14 ·
Ahhhh not looking there, perhaps a cracked windscreen with EB II wipers would be the better option?

#15 ·
NZ said:
Wipers stick out like dogs balls
jeez we are getting picky now...lol

I dont care if people know its an EA, at the end of the day it looks hot IMO and Im going to debadge it anyway.

What rear garnish should I put on it? I dont care if its a futura as long as it looks good. Im not a fan of the grey part on the EB garnish. I was hoping for an ED one but not sure which one looks best.

Does Thantos have a XR6 rear on his? I could just swap it the current one with mine as the ED one looks waaaay better than the EB one.

And does anyone have a clue about the 3 speed having the power button?

#16 ·
Thanatos has an EA ghia one on his.,

#17 ·
Thanatos has the EA rear. That's an ED garnish there. The EB garnish had the black one. Personally I'd just whack a monty garnish on it, EB or ED.

Must be a series 2 with a 4 speed to have the power button. Can't see the selector very well in the photo but it looks like one.

#18 ·
It is a really good attempt at a ED lookalike - only the wipers and the ford badge on the rear are the dead giveaways from the outside that its not an ED. BTW its not everglade looks like peacock but darker. Someone will know the name of the colour.

The gear shifter surround is a dodgy one. I reckon someone put the 4 speed surround in and put the slidy bit from a 3 speed in so it would have the right numbers.

Sounds like a good deal if he will take your car - 2 birds with one stone etc. I'd get the chassis numbers and engine numbers checked out before purchase. Looks like some sort of dodgy car sales or something there. or is it a wrecker?

#19 ·
Could it be polynesian green?

#21 ·
Whoops, turned the brightness down and I see it now. Must be what Karl said.

#24 ·
Poly green changed with the EF right? To a more blueish version?

#26 ·
I know it certainly looked blue in certain lights.
when Karl found a GLi bonnet for me way back it was polynesian green, when i called the wrecker and asked for the colour they said green, then i called the next day to confirm it and a diff guy said blue, so i had to get the colour code checked.

If thats not polynesian green, i'm all outa ideas :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.