hmmm, to sell or not to sell? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2003, 21:29   #1 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Question hmmm, to sell or not to sell?

Ive been tossing up recently wether i should sell the ol EF clear some debt, and get a 5psd EB with the hope of going turbo...vroom vroom

But now i have had some interest in my EF, i having second thoughts.

Heres what i was originally going to do;

Sell EF- clear debt, and cancel insurance
Get EB/D, supra 5spd, and if engine is ok go a low boost turbo setup- with bigger brakes and better susp. Hoping for atleast 150rwkw, but wanting it to be closer to 180-200 If engine is a bit sus, get EF/L AU engine for it and put turbo on hold.
I should be abe to do this and still break even if i call in some favours.
And if turbo is more trouble than its worth, a big ass cam will do the trick

If i keep my EF and work hard over the christmas break , i could clear the remaining debt on the EF, then start saving to mod it more. Maybe get a 5spd conversion to compensate for the turbo i missed :)

Which has left me looking at the pros and cons of both cars

Pro- EF; reliable, know its history, will last for ages if i dont do somewthing stupid

Con EF; Insurance$ (will insure because i owe money, and expensive to replace these ), bit of debt, wont be anything special till mid-late next year.

Pro EB; it will be a turbo (and hopefully a 5spd at that), & i should break even, should be ready before summer holidays. Can then use work over holidays to replenish bank account

Con EB; wont be able to get insurance, may need maintance and other unforseen costs/problems, dont know history, will probably loose licence due to speeding fines and change my name to EBJase :D

Just wanting opinions as to what people think is the more sensible option?... other than getting a 4cyl untill i finish uni :)

Thought id ask the eseries folk, as u probably woild have had some experience in this field.

Ive got the Application for Modification sheets for the EB sitting in from of me, and its mighty tempting

Jase
2nd EF GLi, 'custom' interior, extractors, exhuast
3rd EA Fairmont 5spd, low'd, extractors, exhuast, head
work, 3.45LSD, EL dash, interior+ El ECU
4th EB2 Fairmont, EL dash and interior, BBM, LSD etc etc
5th EB Fairmont Ghia 5L. All leather, lowered, exhaust etc

Last edited by EFJase; 09-10-2003 at 21:34.
EFJase is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2003, 22:11   #2 (permalink)

Id say go for the EB. A 5spd turbo EB sounds tempting!
Pete84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 23:40   #3 (permalink)
{';'}

I would say stick with your EF. Is the debt getting outta your reach, or are you coping fine for the time-being? Like you said, you have all the possible unforseen problems with an older car like an EB. Do you really want to go back into something that isn't as refined as your EF?

Hard choice I guess... What are your plans in terms of budget with getting an EB? ie. cost of car, rego, possible problems, cost of turbocharging etc etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
Eh Yagz, suck my left teste mate I'll have boost for $1k, even if it is only 1 pound.

Check my ride, HERE
XRated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 00:45   #4 (permalink)

Re: hmmm, to sell or not to sell?

stick with the EF.
i'd say it'll be better in the long run.
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 00:58   #5 (permalink)
Dodgy EA

Go for an EA, you will pick one up for next to nothing. Then do the AU engine and go from there.

The engine may need attention on an EB, go for an EA and you will get the car and have a lot more left over to spend on it.

This is what I would do, but then again im not you .... so do what you think is best. :-)
Old 09-11-2003, 01:33   #6 (permalink)

Stick with what you've got & do the mods you've got planed for the EB on the EF when $ permit you'll have a much nicer car in the long run IMHO but thats just me i like EF's
Old 09-11-2003, 01:47   #7 (permalink)

If you are in no hurry to do the Turbo and pay off ya loan then Id stick with what you have.
PHoeNiX_EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 01:48   #8 (permalink)
FORD its a way of Life

I agree with ED GLI V8 stick with the EF, pay off your debts then mod the EF.
Old 09-11-2003, 02:39   #9 (permalink)
nEb
HYPER-6

both choices are good.. i know how annoying having to pay full comp insurance is with a loan. getting a cheap car and doing it up would be good but you have to be prepared for extra little problems it'll have. sticking with the ef is good because it'd be more reliable and last longer, but then you have to wait longer to do mods and pay extra money on insurance that you wouldn't have to with the eb... tough decision.
Old 09-11-2003, 03:21   #10 (permalink)
EFing Quick!

Stick with the EF if you can afford to. Or else I've heard you can get an EA for 2k and spend 2.5k on engine mods to make it a v8 killer!
1995 EF Futura - Crow stage 2 cam & adjustable gear, K&N cold air intake, AU XR intake snorkel, Advance stainless steel extractors, hi-flow cat converter, 2.5" pipe, 17" ROH RT shadow chrome mags, Pedders sports ryder suspension, DBA gold cross drilled/slotted rotors, lowered 1.5", camber kit, engine + starter immobiliser and microwave sensor security system.

Teh funnay is now linked here!
Beefchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons