Ford Forums banner

How bloody long?!?

3K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  aaronmihe 
#1 ·
It has been a month since I ordered my XR8.
Still no SIDO number. Still no expected date.
Is the dealer playing me or are ford really that behind?
Anyone recently ordered a XR8 shed some light?

This is taking customer service to a new level. This is my first switch to an aussie car..... haven't even got it yet and it's p!ssed me right off.

A "hello" from the dealer would be nice.

Is it just me or is this happening to everyone else?

#2 · (Edited)
ring ford customer relationship centre hassle them they might be able to help....the dealers are so lazy..who is your dealer??
i got my ute 14 weeks after ordering it..

#4 ·
I ordered my XR8 on 6th August & was told that there was a delay cos I ordered Premium brakes. I am now told (by Ford 13FORD) that build date will be " around mid Sept" which means that I wont get it till end of Sept. Can't wait.....

#5 ·
1 month wait so far for an XR8 isn't that bad. 2 1/2 month wait so far by my XR6T is bad (goes into production today ;) but I've heard horror stories for long waits for the T's (some wating 4-5 months). Not the XR8's. From what I read/see 8 or so weeks seems to be the general wait for an XR8 on order with various options. I've also noticed that there are heaps of XR8's on the ford lots that aren't getting sold.. Did you try to get your dealer to try and source a similar spec to what you wanted from another dealer? Oh well. Let's hope for your sake that you are are over the half way mark for waiting. Don't forget to get regular updates from your dealership. It seems that the way that some dealerships work is extremely inefficient and your order can sometimes be "forgotten" in the pile of orders they get.

#6 ·
There are 3 or 4 up here on the showroom floor. A Blueprint auto, Acid Manual, Blood auto and a Phantom auto.....

I think the acid is a demo.

#9 ·
fullthrottle said:
It has been a month since I ordered my XR8.
Still no SIDO number. Still no expected date.
Is the dealer playing me or are ford really that behind?
Anyone recently ordered a XR8 shed some light?

This is taking customer service to a new level. This is my first switch to an aussie car..... haven't even got it yet and it's p!ssed me right off.

A "hello" from the dealer would be nice.

Is it just me or is this happening to everyone else?
First of all, the dealer is making a mistake by not being in touch with you. No matter what the dealer should atleast call you and tell you what is going on.

What options have you selected for your XR8? Things like premium sound and premium brakes can be the cause of the delay.

#10 ·
I've asked for premium sound and sports bar.
I'm reluctant to state which dealer at this point it time as they may read this and might "accidentally" have the order form slip down the side of the desk

:eek:P

#11 ·
Re: Re: How bloody long?!?

fullthrottle said:
I've asked for premium sound and sports bar.
I'm reluctant to state which dealer at this point it time as they may read this and might "accidentally" have the order form slip down the side of the desk

:eek:P
SO to clarify for all. It's an XR8 UTE you ordered. That's a different story. How many dealers have one of those at the moment? None that I know. It is most likely that it will have to supplied custom-built from Ford. It will take about 4-6 weeks from the time a SIDO is allocated. The sports-bar is dealer-fit so it's only the premium sound that is non-standard. Sorry to say, with or without the sound, to get a XR8 ute in the colour you want with the gearbox you want, you are probably just going to have to wait. I spoke to a dealer with very good allocations of utes the other week, 6-8 weeks is the best they can do.

Does anybody else's local dealers have any XR8 Utes?

#12 ·
Lets All Chill Out with regard to waiting.
Unfortunately for those that have just placed orders there may be a little longer wait due to the popularity. In the early days there wasnt that much of a wait due to low volume of orders. Also, from reports buyers seemed to be "looked" after a little better, beacause the dealerships needed orders. Now, as we all know the model has been a real kicker and orders are coming from all directions. Some dealers have rested on thier laurels and have not been so enthusiastic with customer support, I have your order, so you can wait.
Combine this with options and the like, and this is where some of the delays come from.
I know that this doesnt change or excuse the fact that you are patiently waiting. Please be assured that the wait is worth it. Contact the stock control officer at the dealership and chase him, you'll soon get your sido.

Regards

Paul

#13 ·
Re: Re: Re: How bloody long?!?

Madder said:
Does anybody else's local dealers have any XR8 Utes?
As far as i know, in WA there are none in stock or on the showroom floor. I was speaking to a friend of mine who is pretty high up at Titans and he reckons that you got buckleys chance of test driving one as they are gone as soon as they come in, unless a customer allows you to drive it before they take delivery.

#14 ·
Its not the wait factor. It's the "No updates" and "No expected date" that has ticked me off.

I mean... simple mathematics and a decent allocation management system should be able to provide an estimated date. I'm not asking to be treated differently and have the order fast tracked... Just like to know where I sit with my $40k purchase. Thats all.

#16 ·
Well...
Today rang the dealer's stock manager, not the bloke that sold me the car. Bingo... SIDO number obtained!...

Guess what? Have not had a call from the dealer to notify me that the SIDO exists...I wonder how long it'll take.... lets see.

Expected build date is oct... hmmmm another month or 2.

#18 ·
Paul V said:
Contact the stock control officer at the dealership and chase him, you'll soon get your sido.

Regards

Paul

THAT IS the key!!.... I actually bought mine off the "stock controller", not some "promise me the world, give us ya money" salesman.
Although there were holdups ( HEAPS, remembering I ordered Pursuit last year), the main thing was I was informed every step of the way!
If you aren't getting satisfaction, get on to the dealer principal in person!
Remember, they AREN'T doing YOU a favour...This is YOU keeping THEM employed!

#19 ·
There are some XR8 utes around... I'm pretty sure I saw on on a yard yesterday with a XR6T sedan as well - I've posted in the XR6T forum about the sedan.

Happy to pass on dealership details if you're interested in seeing if there's somethign sooner... (me getting XR6-T in about 6 week from 'order' yesterday as the dealer has spares in his allocation.)

#20 ·
Re: Re: How bloody long?!?

fullthrottle said:
Well...
Today rang the dealer's stock manager, not the bloke that sold me the car. Bingo... SIDO number obtained!...

Guess what? Have not had a call from the dealer to notify me that the SIDO exists...I wonder how long it'll take.... lets see.

Expected build date is oct... hmmmm another month or 2.
If it's October build the dealer will have it mid to late in the month.

It still amazes me that they have not been in touch!!

#21 ·
how long does it take between being built & being delivered to customer - does 2 weeks sound about right?

#22 ·
aaronmihe. I'm kinda stuck at the moment. You see.. I got an extremely good deal with this dealer. Gave me a low price on the XR8 ute and also gave me a good trade in price. *surprise surprise*

The other thing is..they have already taken my trade in. Stupid me for agreeing to the deal as I didn't think it would take this long for the XR8 to arrive. The also "threatened" to re-evaluate my trade in if I were to hold it until the XR8 ute delivery.

:eek:(

#23 ·
No worries fullthrottle. We all have to look after ourselves when it comes to the package. I may yet end up at the end of the queue! (some hitches over pricing)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.