How much effect would a slipping clutch (pressure plates) have on dyno for NA XR6? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2004, 22:08   #1 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

How much effect would a slipping clutch (pressure plates) have on dyno for NA XR6?

I was just wondering if having had buggered pressure plates in my BA NA XR6 would have affected its dyno results? I realise it loses a fair bit of power at the rears on the road (I know this for a fact, especially the last week) but does this translate to dyno results? Basically I am curious as to whether my current dyno results (with slipping clutch) are accurate or should I get it dynoed again after the clutch is fixed?

I mean, it's not like I have a heap of power in the NA to start with, so finding a bit more would be nice!

Thanks

Jac
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Air intake conversion/pod
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

Founder MTAS (Manual Transmission Appreciation Society)
Founder Society Against Stupid SMS Language
O.F.R. # 138
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2004, 06:52   #2 (permalink)
Happy XR6T Owner

Re: How much effect would a slipping clutch (pressure plates) have on dyno for NA XR6?

The simple answer to all of your questions is "yes". Depending on how bad the cluth is slipping you could be losing 10-30%.
Think about what it is doing on the road and then translate that to the dyno, which is really a rolling road.
Old 04-25-2004, 07:19   #3 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

Re: How much effect would a slipping clutch (pressure plates) have on dyno for NA XR6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake8
The simple answer to all of your questions is "yes". Depending on how bad the cluth is slipping you could be losing 10-30%.
Think about what it is doing on the road and then translate that to the dyno, which is really a rolling road.
Yeah, I thought so.... I mean I know it is kinda the same as being on the road, but I thought the dyno would somehow compensate for that. It is slipping constantly though, even when gear changes are way passed..... I can really feel the loss in power on the road, it has gone down hill really fast lately too - a few weeks ago I could only pull level with an auto AU, but now I reckon I wouldnt even come close to doing that even.... I can actually feel the engine wanting to do things that are not coming out at the wheels.

I am not sure how bad the clutch was when it was on dyno though, so who knows.... but at least it should have a bit more power once the thing is fixed!

Cheers
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Air intake conversion/pod
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

Founder MTAS (Manual Transmission Appreciation Society)
Founder Society Against Stupid SMS Language
O.F.R. # 138
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons