How much you pay for your ba xr6 na. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2004, 03:46   #1 (permalink)
Curry in a hurry.

confused How much you pay for your ba xr6 na.

Just wondering what you guys paid for your xr6's not including on roads. Just want to see if I recieved an alright deal or not. It's Silouhette in colour and has rear power windows and thats basically it. Thanks guys.
gabbs19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2004, 04:07   #2 (permalink)

Re: How much you pay for your ba xr6 na.

$37950, with Prem sound, side air bags, prestige paint (blueprint), sports steering wheel, LSD,tinted windows.

My Car
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 04:44   #3 (permalink)

Hi

See my post under XR6 Lux Pack Vs XR6T

Basically XR6 with all the bells and whistles came in at just over $44000
newxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 04:52   #4 (permalink)
Curry in a hurry.

Ah ok. Just wanted to see if if 37824 is an alright price. 1595 was for street legal tints, rust protection, paint protection and fabric protection.
Old 04-08-2004, 05:16   #5 (permalink)
SM

Ditch the extras, just get the tint.
Old 04-08-2004, 20:41   #6 (permalink)
Curry in a hurry.

So the extras are not worth the money except for the tint?
Old 04-08-2004, 21:07   #7 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

BA NA XR6 with premium audio (definitely worth it), rear electric windows, alarm kit, wheel sensors, window tinting (excellent), sunroof (excellent - love it), paint protection (rubbish), interior protection (rubbish), scuff plates, mats, manual, Silhouette (watch that paint on delivery - in the sun) for $43100. That includes the on roads but not insurance, my custom plates or (obviously) the chip.
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Air intake conversion/pod
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

Founder MTAS (Manual Transmission Appreciation Society)
Founder Society Against Stupid SMS Language
O.F.R. # 138
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 22:29   #8 (permalink)
Curry in a hurry.

Im going to be going over the car in detail once I recieve it. Ive seen the car already and it looks pretty sweet in black. Just have to wait a couple of weeks tell the dealer gets back from holidays. Could have picked it up on thursday but I opted to wait a little while so I could sell the eb. Premium audio didnt really interest me as ill be putting some good quality splits up front and a couple of 12s in the back and of course a nice amp to run it. Can't wait till I get my hands on it as it will be a bit of an upgrade from the old eb and my first new car. Looks like I went alright on the deal and thats the main thing. :)
Old 04-09-2004, 04:23   #9 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

Sounds great - nice colour - he he. Good move re the audio - pity you won't get the colour screen - but I guess that's just a gadget really, huh?

Just watch the paint.... a couple of weeks after mine was delivered, I saw it in the sun (not many sunny days in Adelaide in Winter) and saw the rear drivers side door was a different colour - ended up having the side reprayed by Ford - that had too much metallic blue in it. They resprayed again - it was ok. They also had to do the rear wing because that was greyish too. Silhouette is a very difficult colour to match because of there being not a high density of metallic flecks (any difference is more noticeable) and the paints vary a lot from batch to batch - and they change paint suppliers fairly regularly. They have had a lot of trouble getting paint match right between the metal and plastic components - David Flint rang me at work and told me about that issue himself.... I hope they have fixed it.

Yours should be fine, but just check it anyway, in the sun. If your'e fussy that is! He he.

Have fun when you get it!

Oh and nice upgrade - I upgraded mine from a 1999 Festiva!!!!
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Air intake conversion/pod
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

Founder MTAS (Manual Transmission Appreciation Society)
Founder Society Against Stupid SMS Language
O.F.R. # 138
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 09:28   #10 (permalink)
I love eating chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
Sounds great - nice colour - he he. Good move re the audio - pity you won't get the colour screen - but I guess that's just a gadget really, huh?

Just watch the paint.... a couple of weeks after mine was delivered, I saw it in the sun (not many sunny days in Adelaide in Winter) and saw the rear drivers side door was a different colour - ended up having the side reprayed by Ford - that had too much metallic blue in it. They resprayed again - it was ok. They also had to do the rear wing because that was greyish too. Silhouette is a very difficult colour to match because of there being not a high density of metallic flecks (any difference is more noticeable) and the paints vary a lot from batch to batch - and they change paint suppliers fairly regularly. They have had a lot of trouble getting paint match right between the metal and plastic components - David Flint rang me at work and told me about that issue himself.... I hope they have fixed it.

Yours should be fine, but just check it anyway, in the sun. If your'e fussy that is! He he.

Have fun when you get it!

Oh and nice upgrade - I upgraded mine from a 1999 Festiva!!!!

Does the Premium Audio not come standard with the colour screen?
ChickenMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons