I got to drive a BA XR6T! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2003, 16:15   #1 (permalink)
boosted sleeper

I got to drive a BA XR6T!

Fellas, I had the utmost privelidge of driving a friends BA XR6T yesterday. Let me tell ya, it was the biggest rush I had in a long time!

The power was phenominal compared to my old school EB XR8. When on boost you pushed back into your seat and forced to hang on tight. The handling was second to none also easily taking s bends like theres no tomorrow as well as the brakes being well up to the task of braking with confidence.

When I took off from the lights it was like everyone else was standing still, I tell you what I was extremely impressed with the power capabilities of this car and why not. This car in standard factory form has enough grunt to outgun just about anything else on the street.

I walked away in the end feeling shakey as the adrenaline was continally throbbing behind my neck and the smile on my face could explain it in a thousand different ways.

I must admit I wasnt expecting anything like this before I got in and in the end it changed my whole outlook on the vehicle. 'Treat it with respect' my head kept repeating and by all means I plan to.

Now that I have had this pleasure, I am seriously looking at these cars as a contender for my next vehicle down the track. Dont get me wrong, Im a V8 head thru and thru but experiencing this has shone a great light over a car like this. When the time comes, an XR6T is just about on top of the list!
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2003, 17:23   #2 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

Re: I got to drive a BA XR6T!

yeah mate i know how you feel i got to drive one as well it's was awsome i had the biggest smile on face for like a week it was totally unreal one of the best experences i have ever had in a car closest thing to it would have to be taking of in a 747

:-)
Exhaust by Lukey
Sound by Pioneer and Jaycar
Pioneer DEH P1Y headunit
pioneer 6.5 2ways
Pioneer 6 stacker
Jaycar 6.5 Kevlar splits
Jaycar 15 venom sub
Jaycar 2x150 wrms amp
Jaycar 4x100 wrms amp
PS2 by SONY
TV by lillyput
THEONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 17:30   #3 (permalink)
boosted sleeper

Yeah i can see the resemblance in feeling. I just couldnt beleive how responsive it was when it came on boost and it was so smooth too. Trully an awesome experience I will never forget. Dont worry Im planning to make some financial changes to aquire this excellent peice of pure power!
Old 12-07-2003, 20:55   #4 (permalink)
cArSiK

was it the SSAuto or the manual? how was the transmission of the one you drove?
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 21:13   #5 (permalink)
boosted sleeper

it was the ss auto. I found it a little confusing at first with the direction on which i needed to shift up a gear. But other than that it was very pleasant to change gears in. It really needs a shift kit for it though.
Old 12-08-2003, 20:46   #6 (permalink)
EFXR62

Try and get a ride in a manual.. I'm sure the manual would hammer even more over the auto..
Old 12-08-2003, 20:51   #7 (permalink)
boosted sleeper

Yes Im sure it would Yagz, but from what I hear the manuals arent that strong. Also, if ever I was to get one the mrs will want to drive it and she cant drive a manual.

Cheers for the reply
Old 12-08-2003, 21:28   #8 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

hahahaha i drove a manual one !!1
Exhaust by Lukey
Sound by Pioneer and Jaycar
Pioneer DEH P1Y headunit
pioneer 6.5 2ways
Pioneer 6 stacker
Jaycar 6.5 Kevlar splits
Jaycar 15 venom sub
Jaycar 2x150 wrms amp
Jaycar 4x100 wrms amp
PS2 by SONY
TV by lillyput
THEONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 21:35   #9 (permalink)
Fu(kn Slow & Low

if im not mistaken i believe capa in adelaide have 6speed conversion kits for the xr6t, i know if i bought a 6t i would be doing the upgrade as soon as possible, but by the time that i had the money to buy one i would be about 45yrs. you can only dream.

i got to go for a ride in a ba xr8 260kw ute, 5 speed too, holly sheep shit was that fun, i have never been in anything that quick from factory in my life, my mates dad had it as a lone vehicle from ford for a day (his good friends with the service manager), so he took me for a 45min cruise in it, dragged a slightly worked vs hsv 215i and ripped the balls off of it, i got out of the car with the biggest smile on my face, it would of been better if i was driving it.
White 1988 EA Fairmont Ghia ~ Gassed ~ EF camshaft ~ Lowered on super low king springs (not low enough) ~ 2.5inch cat back exhaust system with one muffler ~ Clear indicators ~ Simota POD filter ~ New head built for gas ~ 3.23 open wheeler diff ~ EF XR 16inch rims ~ pioneer deck and rear speakers ~ sony front speakers ~ kyb shocks

driving a 3 speed auto with no second gear!!!
Need PSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 21:47   #10 (permalink)
boosted sleeper

hehe. gotta be lovin that dude. There's a guy here who I work with who has a BA XR8 ute too. He has done some work to it too, such as twin system and 18's and lowered stance with hard tonneau cover and pursuit wing. Looks killer and he has killed a twin turbo supra with it too. (not the older versions, it was one of the newer versions) Damn it sounds tuff and he took me for a ride in it when he first got it, so Im due for another ride considering the motor is more run in now.So yeah I know how you felt dude. Doesnt it make you want to get the biggest loan available to get one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons