i have a chiptorque chip - please tell me about it.... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2003, 07:33   #1 (permalink)
Birth, Drift, Death...

i have a chiptorque chip - please tell me about it....

hey peoples a chiptorque chip has recently come into my possession, which is great, only thing is, its from a EF - all the numbers and stuff say : "EF 4DCG A.HP2 SN 701F1322" and i want to know if:

a: the website lumps EB to EL (inc ute) XR6 chips togather - and provides a gain of like 4kw (yay...) so im assuming it will work on my car, though it says EF on the chip?

b: is it re-programmable? i looked on the chiptorque website very very briefly and found the HP2 chip, but it doesnt say if its re-tunable...

anyone have any ideas?

197.4hp at the wheels, 14.505@152.46km/h
Tuning in progress...
*CLICK TO SEE MY XR6*
I can get new Genuine Holden/Ford/Audi/Land Rover/Honda parts cheap, PM me!
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2003, 18:16   #2 (permalink)
Australian Falcon Member

Unfortunately that module won't work in your car - in fact it will only fit another EF that has the same catch code (4DCG).

You might well get Chiptorque to do some sort of exchange? - it may even be as simple as them changing the program in that module itself (and replacing the label on the side) - not sure about that tho because EF is EEC5 and earlier models are EEC4, so there might be physical differences in the modules to suit.

Chiptorque do offer a programming modification service for their modules - either in conjunction with dyno running etc with the actual car (if your near enough to physically book it in with them) or else I believe they offer a reprogramming service by post - ie. their modules can be posted to them with details of the car's mods and they'll change the program to suit and mail it back - it's a bit arbitrary that way tho. Any of the reprogramming is carried out for a fee of course.

Phone em and have a chat :-)
Old 06-19-2003, 03:17   #3 (permalink)
Birth, Drift, Death...

Re: i have a chiptorque chip - please tell me about it....

hmmmmmm

the thing is, on the site it says the 'HP2' is good for any XR from EB to EL.........they wouldnt have a HP2 for one car then a HP2 for another surely? wouldnt they call it a HP3 or something?

197.4hp at the wheels, 14.505@152.46km/h
Tuning in progress...
*CLICK TO SEE MY XR6*
I can get new Genuine Holden/Ford/Audi/Land Rover/Honda parts cheap, PM me!
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 03:20   #4 (permalink)
8 cylinder symphony

Re: i have a chiptorque chip - please tell me about it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin
hmmmmmm

the thing is, on the site it says the 'HP2' is good for any XR from EB to EL.........they wouldnt have a HP2 for one car then a HP2 for another surely? wouldnt they call it a HP3 or something?
Give them a call....that will answer all your questions...save us speculating...they are easy to talk to...spoken to them before...
b-juggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 16:37   #5 (permalink)
Australian Falcon Member

Yep, give em a call.

The specification (HP2, HP3 etc.) is I'm pretty sure related to the "package" - ie. HP2 is module only and HP3 is module + cam, and even if the module physically fits, it needs to have the right program for each "catch code" of ECU (Ford ECU's have their data locations in different locations - and this can vary even amongst the same model!).
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons