i just crashed!! help!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2004, 03:41   #1 (permalink)
commyeater

i just crashed!! help!!

hey evryone

I just crashed my dads EL wagon into a pole. yes i was doing the wrong thing and i have learnt my lesson well and truly.

Now this is whats wrong and i need help and an estimate on what repair costs will be. i "jumped" the kerb and tapped a telegraph pole front on and there is only a dent in the bonnet, I would say its lightly buckled too. the front bar is actully fine. as i have jumped the gutter, the rim has been bent slightly(they r steelies so its ok) and i swapped it with the spare.

I thought that thats all was rong with it, but i just drove home and the steering is screwed bad! its power steering and it sways to the right badly and i have to hold the steering wheel turned to the left just to go straight..

No oil is leaking or fluids so it might be a caber adjustment or something? because as i turned right whilst driving the left tire( the spare, and side that jumped the gutter) screeches...

plz help.. and i know i culd make up a good bulshit story but i was thinking of telling the truth of what happend.. everyone agree?? plz help guys.. thanx heaps...

Last edited by laminge; 11-13-2004 at 03:45. Reason: Mate... No sms posting...
amniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2004, 03:56   #2 (permalink)
Dev 5 Mutant

Re: i just crashed!! help!!

Honesty is prob the best thing. At least if you tell the truth the first time they may trust you again later on.

It may be easy to hide the outside damage but the whole ride thing is gonna give you away big time.

I had an EB falcon with a bent steering column that had the same prob.

Now this is whats wrong and i need help and an estimate on what repair costs will be.

A basic respray for a bumper bar on my XR6 I got quoted $400-600. I think you'll prob have bigger costs associated with whats happened to the steering
Cam install by Crescent Motorsport, Liverpool

Dyno

Timeslip
loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 03:56   #3 (permalink)
Lord of the RC

yeah defiantely a good idea to tell the truth, whilst you will get in the **** for it, it will be far less then if you made some BS story up about it

make sure you goto a panel shop and get some quotes there

chris
O.F.R #6 : PM Me
Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Member #4 of the MTAS (Manual Transmission Appreciation Society)
fordel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 03:57   #4 (permalink)
gone

Steering arm or rack seems to be bent by the sounds of it!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 04:13   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amniac
hey evryone

I just crashed my dads EL wagon into a pole. yes i was doing the wrong thing and i have learnt my lesson well and truly.

Now this is whats wrong and i need help and an estimate on what repair costs will be. i "jumped" the kerb and tapped a telegraph pole front on and there is only a dent in the bonnet, I would say its lightly buckled too. the front bar is actully fine. as i have jumped the gutter, the rim has been bent slightly(they r steelies so its ok) and i swapped it with the spare.

I thought that thats all was rong with it, but i just drove home and the steering is screwed bad! its power steering and it sways to the right badly and i have to hold the steering wheel turned to the left just to go straight..

No oil is leaking or fluids so it might be a caber adjustment or something? because as i turned right whilst driving the left tire( the spare, and side that jumped the gutter) screeches...

plz help.. and i know i culd make up a good bulshit story but i was thinking of telling the truth of what happend.. everyone agree?? plz help guys.. thanx heaps...
Sounds like you have bent something in the front end, go get a wheel alignment at a supension place and that will show up whats bent or whats a good tell tale, stick your fingers side by side between the tyre and the rear of the guard if one side is less than the other you could have bent your lower control arm. Replace bent arm + wheel alignment $100-$150 if thats all is wrong. As for the dent in bonnet, repair dent possibly respray all bonnet
not sure but you dont get much off a panelbeater for less than $300.
Good luck!
Lowride260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 04:52   #6 (permalink)

Dont think you can hide it from your old man, my mate ran up a gutter in a ef falcon and done 2 grands worth of damage to steering related parts. Had his licence for the 2nd day when he done that, then proceeded to write his old mans el flacon off the next week by taking a long sweeper to quick and took the last half on the roof.

"Its not the 300rwkw, its the instant V8 torque that kills things"
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 05:36   #7 (permalink)
heard it before!

yeah good chance of something being bent, not sure on this model but previous cars i have hit gutters with had these things go wrong:
subframe bent, lower control arm bent, caster rod bent, tie rod bent, strut bent, and obvious wheel damage
the pulling sounds too bad to be just that the spare is on(sometimes they are half flat or got different wear so they pull to one side)

i would fess up in this case, if it was a genuine HO GT i would run away from home, perhaps an accident that may be covered by insurance if the repair bill is too high, but i'm sure you will be forgiven.
so long as you have learned something, i killed my first 3 cars learning how not to drive, never wrote em off, just ran them into the ground(had several gutter accidents which were easy enough to fix)
deankdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 05:41   #8 (permalink)

na dont tell the truth! jus say a dog or something ran out on the road and u swirved to miss it...
lowrida56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 07:59   #9 (permalink)

get a job and pay him back i just bought my el for very low price so if you had a job and pay him back in 4-5 months
junkie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 14:15   #10 (permalink)
commyeater

thanx heaps guys.. well i told my dad the truth and hes fine with it!(its good to tell the truth) i knew he wuld be forgiving.. my mum on the other hand was upset, but it culda been worse.. wats bad about it is that i have lost their trust in me, it was the first time they had lent me the car basically and look wat happens, isnt it ironic... my mate is a panel beater so the bonnet i am looking at will be about 300 so thats cool anyway.. the steering? well hopefully it just is a tie-rod or sumthing, the hydraulics seem to be ok still and dont leak.. wen i had to drive it home, wen ide turn right, or go on a right bend the tire or wheel side that hit the gutter screeched a bit.. yeh it was a spare and a bit bald but still. i dunno.. i also buckled the tire that hit the gutter.. looks like a 7 slice pizza he he he.. but steelies r hell cheap so i dont care much bout that.. a cat actually did run out infront of me-truth!, but i was going too fast and thats wat came of it..i braked, wheels locked up and started to slide forward..
put it this way, it was either hit a gutter and pole or a 2004 ford fairlane...or the cat.. my dad told me to hit the cat.. but i took the cheaper more humane approach.. i still need all ur thoughts on how much in damages im looking at.. hopefully tomorow(monday) i can get a mechanic to tell me wats rong ith the car.. thanx everyone!
carl..
amniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons