I JUST GOT ONE!! (also need help) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2003, 13:07   #1 (permalink)

I JUST GOT ONE!! (also need help)

G'day All,

Yep, I finally got her... My new Blue Print XR8... took delivery yesterday... must say its quite a change from my old EB!!! Its unreal (except for that rev limiter)... Best decision of my life to date!! And it handles really well... I dont know what all the fuss was about the weight... IMO it doesnt hurt the handling... And the V8 note is SWEET!!! Its a BEAST and a half!!!!!

Anyway, I just have one problem with it... the sunroof is acting crazy... when I press 'C' meaning close, the crazy thing closes, then opens and then closes and on and on.... doest close!! Can anyone tell me what to do?

Cheers
BA XR8 Manual, BluePrint, Momo Steering, Momo Shifter, Leather, Sunroof, Premium Sound, Premium Brakes, 20" X 8.5" HP Hekitk Wheels. Herrod Lowering Springs and Chip, Brad Garlic Reprogramme, NO REAR SPOILER.
Kawasaki ZX 10R, Lime Green. 0-100kms/hr 2.8 sec, 0-160kms/hr in under 5.5 sec. 0-400m 9.4 sec. First gear sees you to 185kms/hr. THE CHAMP IS HERE!
Kypez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2003, 18:10   #2 (permalink)
Wildlife Photographer

Congratulations on the new purchase mate, oh boy are you in for a lot of fun.

As for the sunroof, bring it back to dealer mate, have them fix it.
Old 03-07-2003, 19:38   #3 (permalink)
XR6 Turbo pilot

Congrats on the new XR8 mate. :s2:
Take it back to the dealer and get them to fix the sunroof. Hopefully it's just something minor and is really quick to fix.
Old 03-08-2003, 03:07   #4 (permalink)
Territory - 2004 COTY

Mmmm .. or you could read the owners manual which gives you a hint as to why it might do that.

If there is an obstruction (maybe a screw or something) it will continually open and close until the obstruction is removed.
Organza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 12:14   #5 (permalink)

hey guys,

the problem has disappeared as mysteriously as it had appeared!! I've been having a ball with the car... but its a bit of a worry, cause you get to the limit so quick... gotta keep my eyes on the speedo!!! Didnt have to do that in the old car!!

Will take it to Ford anyway on Monday and get it checked (the sunroof) just to make sure it never happens again...

Thanks for the replies...
BA XR8 Manual, BluePrint, Momo Steering, Momo Shifter, Leather, Sunroof, Premium Sound, Premium Brakes, 20" X 8.5" HP Hekitk Wheels. Herrod Lowering Springs and Chip, Brad Garlic Reprogramme, NO REAR SPOILER.
Kawasaki ZX 10R, Lime Green. 0-100kms/hr 2.8 sec, 0-160kms/hr in under 5.5 sec. 0-400m 9.4 sec. First gear sees you to 185kms/hr. THE CHAMP IS HERE!
Old 04-13-2003, 05:06   #6 (permalink)

Audio Equip

I noticed you have done some mods to the premium sound system. was there any problems in putting amps and new speakers directly from the head unit. Any pics or general advice?
BDAZLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 05:16   #7 (permalink)
Black 200kw wheel barrow

BDAZLA
might be worth your while checking out this thread

Stereo Upgrade BA XR6
Old 04-13-2003, 05:18   #8 (permalink)

hey BDAZLA,

you got an email address?? or send me an email to kypez@bigpond.net.au and I'll get some pics going...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons