I need your opinion - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2002, 21:19   #1 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

I need your opinion

First of all i have cancelled more order for a BA XR8 because my insurance won't insure me but they will insure me if a bought a Turbo.....that doesn't make sense

Anyway i went to my Ford dealer in Melton and they have a Black XR6 N/A auto with premium sound, side airbags and rear electric windows for $42,000 on road.

Do you guys think i should go for the XR6 N/A with all the options or a XR6T which will cost me more with no options.
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2002, 21:43   #2 (permalink)

Well...since you asked. I'd actually go the Turbo if I could afford it. People will be forever stopping you in the street and asking "Is it turbo mate??" and you will get pretty sick of this after about 2 hours and wish you'd bought the turbo. Not bagging non-turbo, just stating an opinion of what I think will happen. It depends if you want grunt as opposed to luxuries. Myself, I'd prefer the grunt. I'd wait for the XR8 if I had the money. It's your money and your car mate, you do as you see fit. Whichever car you decide on I'm sure you will love it.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 21:54   #3 (permalink)
Ford Parts Interpretor

Dont make a decision that you will have to live with for the next 3... or so years on the spur of the moment.

Buy what you want, not what you can get the fastest. Waiting a few weeks for exactly what you want is nothing in the scheme of things when you are going to have it for so long anyway.
Old 11-27-2002, 21:57   #4 (permalink)

for the same price prob the turbo it would hold better resale than the n/a plus be a better drive!
and you can get some of the options later on
61sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 22:07   #5 (permalink)
17" is for 4cyc

Firstly have you tried other insurance companys ?
Its your choice obviously and my mind is like AP's here nothing like a full dozen but if i had to choose which half doz it would be the XR6T any day over the nill hair dryer, (no offence guys) you can put better speakers in as you go and rear power windows.
I'd sooner get my Turbo boost adjusted than tweaking my treble/bass and playing with my rear power windows.
Up to you and go with your gut feeling. Good Luck
Old 11-27-2002, 22:30   #6 (permalink)
Movin!

Re: I need your opinion

Quote:
Originally posted by #00 Lowndes
First of all i have cancelled more order for a BA XR8 because my insurance won't insure me but they will insure me if a bought a Turbo.....that doesn't make sense

Anyway i went to my Ford dealer in Melton and they have a Black XR6 N/A auto with premium sound, side airbags and rear electric windows for $42,000 on road.

Do you guys think i should go for the XR6 N/A with all the options or a XR6T which will cost me more with no options.
Just a question...did they give a reason for refusing to insure you with an XR8? Was it due to age, power, convictions etc?
Rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 22:33   #7 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

I don't actually want the car that they have in the showroom because i don't want a black car.
I just want to know what is a better buy a XR6 N/A with options or Turbo.
I want a XR6 in Blood Orange so i'll have to wait a few months anyway.

Quote:
have you tried other insurance companys ?
No i haven't because my dad's restaurant and all our cars are under the same insurance company (CGU) so my dad wouldn't want me to go through another insurance company.
Old 11-27-2002, 22:41   #8 (permalink)
GTHO4

You were going to by a XR8 and your worried about the price of a Turbo XR6?
Just do the sums and see if you are able to afford it.

Don't go over your head.
Old 11-27-2002, 22:44   #9 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

Quote:
Originally posted by GTHO4
You were going to by a XR8 and your worried about the price of a Turbo XR6?
Just do the sums and see if you are able to afford it.

Don't go over your head.
I didn't say i'm worried about the price of the XR6T i just want to know what's is a better option.

I wanted a XR8 but my insurance company said no.

I'm just asking for your opinions that's all.
Old 11-27-2002, 22:55   #10 (permalink)
GTHO4

Quote:
Originally posted by #00 Lowndes
I didn't say i'm worried about the price of the XR6T i just want to know what's is a better option.

I wanted a XR8 but my insurance company said no.

I'm just asking for your opinions that's all.
Well in that case, go for XR6 Turbo that's the next best thing to a XR8 you will kick yourself if you go for a N/A.

Will the insurance allow a V8 XT?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons