i want to know what u think is better? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2003, 06:54   #1 (permalink)

Read i want to know what u think is better?

well hi i was down @ bondi today @ the beach and i came across (not an origional) GT UTE old scool u know he popped the hood and let me and my friends have a look under it damn man its just a V8 thats all nothing else no this that and the other thing just a simple 351 V8. it brang a tear to my eye. and he then started it up and im sorry no offence to ford but the sound the old scool used to make compared to the new stuff just aint the same old scool sounds better. and im so sick of the g@yenem w@nkaz who drive round in there FULLY SICK MATE!!!!!! cars with there turboz and stuff and a noise that comes all from exhaust. when will people learn if u want real sound get a real car. while these w0g wagons are fast and some may even beat the falcon V8 they lack any real horse power. they have all this acceleration but no balls. u stick a 1 1/5 tonne trailer on the back of one of them go up a hill/or mountain and u watch. i see my old man in his 4L AUII XR6 he just sits on 110km/h on high way with boat on back and we see all these lil girl cars go flying past with there loud exhaust systems and think they have power we then hit razor back mountain and my old man is still sittiing on 110km/h catches up to them and then procedes to put the foot flat the car (being an auto) still drops a cog and hammers up the hill. he hasent got much of an exhaust system just the standard XR6 with lil tip on the end and i would prefer the roar of his engine when its hammering then ne lil w0g box. who here agrees id like to hear ur in put towards my views. i wanna know what u think is better a "FULLY SICK MATE CAR" or the typical falcon performance vehicle. i mean dont get me wrong the XR6 being Turbo and all but i dunno it still dont seem to b a w0g box and it still falls under the line as a bl00dy nice car so yeah what ya reckon?
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2003, 07:22   #2 (permalink)

Re: i want to know what u think is better?

I love the old school v8 rumble my 351 zk sounds ace! but my ba xr6 sounds girly!! cant wait to make it sound better. but you cant beat the technology in the new cars. eg the xr6 gets around 600 kms out of a tank of gas and the 351 only gets around 180kms outta a tank!!
Old 09-21-2003, 23:30   #3 (permalink)
YES its a 5 Speed!!

here here, cant beat the sound and grunt of an 8! :s6:
Old 09-21-2003, 23:34   #4 (permalink)

I agree that the older V8's sound better, but the newer ones still sound damn fine. What sounds crap are 3" exhausts on 2 litre 4cyl cars, loud and drummy, especially in underground car parks!
Old 09-22-2003, 05:53   #5 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

The problem is not at full revs as the Boss motors sound awesome when you're up them, its at low revs and especially at idle that the newer motors don't sound anywhere near as good. My old XD 351 with Genie extractors, single 2.5 inch pipe and straight through muffler sounded absolutely sensational at idle, a real rumble, and the crackle through the pipes when you backed off from full throttle was the greatest sound on earth. In comparison the Boss motor is barely audile at idle. The XR6 Turbo is probably louder at idle. Time for a Herrod exhaust I think.
Old 09-22-2003, 05:56   #6 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

They both have their pro's and con's,either way you can make an old cleveland/Windsor and the new Boss Modular sound awsome,I'd have either.
Laser a maser.
Old 09-22-2003, 06:04   #7 (permalink)
gone

Welcome to the forums

May I kindly suggest some spaces in your replies, just helps us old blokes read it a bit easier!
Old 09-22-2003, 06:22   #8 (permalink)

you should here my au2 xr8 with the full difilippo single 3" system at idle or when i got the hoof into it... but being from the old school, no new motor beats the sound of a solid cammed windsor or cleavo with a dirty great big holley double pumper on it!!!
Old 09-22-2003, 06:35   #9 (permalink)

yeah id like to point out that i was not making fun of the new stuff i sat in a GT whilst idoling @ winfords and yeah it sounded damn fine i almost blew my load lol it had the lot adjustable peddals the first in the world did u guyz know that? the pedals move up and down. however id like to see if they move on the manual does ne1 know if it does? neway back to it the newer ones sound nice but u need to give it an exhaust and i know what u mean by a 4 cylinder with a sound of a drum. what i like most is the new GTz with the chakes @ idle i wanna sit in a genuine GT with a shaker ne1 live near kurmond wanna let me sit in one?
Old 09-22-2003, 08:03   #10 (permalink)
disarm you with a smile

So to be the minority... a v8 sounds great, i would love to own one that sounded great, but also... hearing the cooler let off on a turbo car is awesome!

You said these wog wagons, turbo's n stuff, being all powerless etc.. then also assosciate this wog wagon turbo stuff with a "lil girl" car... now I hate to be against in the argument, I wouldn't call a modified (wogged up, if you must) vl turbo a "lil girl" car, and im sure its quite capable of towing...

dont assosciate a turbo car with a nissan pulsar, or holden barina etc, because it's just not cricket.

and no balls? i bet a lot of these wog wagons out there would absolutely demolish your dads au xr6 down the quarter...

Closed Thread

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons