I want my car back!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2003, 02:30   #1 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

I want my car back!!

A lot of you will know my car was damaged on a cruise recently. For those that don't know part way through the cruise the destination was changed so we headed on a different route. While we were stopped in traffic I was talking to jack and next thing we hear SCREACHHH crash then BANG. Basically what happened a Hyandai or lancer (what ever the POS was) with 6 people forgot to brake and slammed into a VT SS commodore which then got shunted into my car. For a start I didn't know what had happened and I thought I had somehow let the brakes off and rolled into Peter who was in front of me. We got out and I was preparing to go nuts at the VT driver but i then discovered him going to the car behind him. So yadda yadda we all got ach others details, I had more witnesses than i'd ever need and we moved on aftr about 20 mins of holding up traffic.

This happened on the Sat night and the next monday I got a phone call from the guys insurance. The woman said" Do you want your car fixed?" haha Of course I do!

So shes in at the panelbeaters now all up just over 1k worth of damage. The fiberglass peice behind the bar was totally munched. The bar itself had a few bends but the panel beaters will replace a bar if it has even 1 broken clip etc. They get em for $220. the body was slightly bent behind the bar which is $230 worth to straighten that. rest is paint, labour matarials etc.

The damage as seen. Doesn't look like $1k does it?

Behind the bar.

Rear bar.

So now my cars been at the panel shop ince monday and they gave me an XE loaner car. The thing is so terrible to drive compared to the EB. Things like dash lights and a 5th gear are nice in a car but not thi one. Its a 3.3 litre 4 speed manual. The heater doesnt work, radio barely goes the tailshaft unis squeek like anything. I want my car back!!
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2003, 03:06   #2 (permalink)
E-Series wagon owner

Re: I want my car back!!

sorry to hear bout that hope ya car comes back soon

Mods to come: 2.5'' lukey cat-back mandrel bent exhaust with 1 resonator and 1 straight thru muffler, EF cam, Clear indicatros all round, AU3 XR snorkel, 17" Keizzer rims, EDxr front,12"sub,sports wheel

In Progress: EF door trims

Pics Here: www.edwagon.tk
mad_ea_spac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 03:23   #3 (permalink)

damn, $1k
atleast my bonnet and roof sorta looked like $1k worth
hope the beast comes back to u asap, may come back detailed too :)
place where i got my car fixed detailed any cars that were done by an insurance co.
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 03:23   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Could be worse, you could write off mummy's car then have her buy a VT to replace it.......

1k damage, get outta here! Doesn't seem right at all.
psycho chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 14:41   #5 (permalink)

Think of it this way. You will appreciate the EB a whole lot more once you are back behind the wheel. BTW, that car that ran into the SS was a Lancer complete with Ralliart sticker on the bonnet

Ash
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 19:21   #6 (permalink)
boosted sleeper

Sorry to hear NZ. Hope it works out in your favour!

I bet the lancer had the fully sick ralliart shopping list on the side of it. I bet the extra kw's of those stickers was the culprit of the accident!!!
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 21:49   #7 (permalink)
WHAT THE?

Geez that seems pretty pricy for the amount of damage u got there. But who cares when its going through insurance. Hope you get your car back soon mate....
SPHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 22:27   #8 (permalink)
AKA: Spaniard

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
Sorry to hear NZ. Hope it works out in your favour!

I bet the lancer had the fully sick ralliart shopping list on the side of it. I bet the extra kw's of those stickers was the culprit of the accident!!!
Actually, he did have a RalliArt sticker! it was going across his bonnet in the most discreet way. It was the reflective kind.

$1000 damage? Seems a bit "cheap" for a panel beater don't you think? But for the rest of us, it is quite expensive. Good luck with it all, Karl. I'm sure you'll be taking more care of your car (not that you do or don't) after driving that particular XE!
Old 10-28-2003, 23:10   #9 (permalink)
Look! A flying orangutan!

Bloody hell.
Still, it could have been worse - the Commo could have not been there to act as a buffer!

Pacemaker headers + 2.5" exhaust
EF Fairmont interior
MP3 player
Lowered King springs
5 speed manual
EF motor

Newest mod: EF Ghia wiring loom and dash
mongrelEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 00:36   #10 (permalink)
ex ea driver

1k sounds about rite for the job, there would be a shit load of work that has to be done to get the back pannel looking rite, if they repair it, an if they put a new one on then thats a fairly big job as well, so the price sounds about rite.
CATman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons