ideas - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2003, 05:23   #1 (permalink)
WHAT THE?

ideas

Ok, since the Sorrento meet on the weekend my head is full of ideas for my car. Before the meet I was considering selling it for something newer, but once again seeing all those cool EA's together has inspired me to spend more $$$ on the car. I just blew $216 on paint today! Couldn't believe how much it cost! That was for a litre of red basecoat and a litre of blue/purple pearl. Put em together and you have the colour my car is painted in. I'm going to re-spray the front and rear bars, door handles and colour code the side moulds. I sprayed the front grille tonight and it came up so much better than the rest of the car. I wouldn't mind hitting the car with another layer of pearl and some 2k clear just to make it look like the grille!! My car isn't very shiny due to a dodgy paint job by a dodgy painter so I'm seriously considering it.

Next on the mechanical side of things will be a 3.45 diff I think. After I get the car colour coded etc, I'll look into this because speaking to Lukey on the weekend it seems like a VERY worthwhile mod. He reckons 0.5-0.6 sec off the quarter mile time. I'm still running 2.77 gears which plain and simply suck.

Next up is the sound department. I used to have a decent system but ripped it all out to compete in the SPL comp at Autosalon in my sister's Pulsar. I put it back in my car but just did a slap job. I have a opportunity to get a 6.5" TV screen in exchange for some work and I also have an Xbox sitting it my room that hardly gets used so there could be some interesting possiblilties there hehehe. Also wanna deck out the boot again...

There are my plans for the car...when I'll actually get round to doing them all is another question. Finding the time between work, girlfriend, gym is so hard, BUT if I want a nice car I'll have to do it somehow:) Anyway, there is no real point to this post I just felt like crapping on for a bit. cya.

PS..some things I forgot....lower the rear back to pre-defect notice spec, get some trippy looking gauges for the bonnet (3 would be nice), monster tacho on A-pillar (always looks tough), new carpet, detail brake calipers....blah blah blah list goes on.......
SPHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2003, 06:10   #2 (permalink)
400 kg ego

hehe I can certainly relate to that. I was absolutely fed up with my car before the meet, but now I'm feeling quite the opposite and have actually bothered fixing things that I couldn't be stuffed with previously. I've had it with my 2.77s as well, which as it turn out don't even have an advantage out on the highway. :@

Anyway, sounds like you've got all the ideas you need there. I've got my head stuck into some research in a secret but deadly mod for late in the year - at least it would be secret if I could stop rambling on about it in IRC. I'll have the best of both worlds - keep up with my Commodore friends while remaining part of the Club.

Good luck

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 20:09   #3 (permalink)
"Steve has a car?"

Haha awesome stuff! I've had a few ideas on were to mount a cluster of gauges in my car, came up with some pretty wicked ideas including custructing a fibre glassed pod from the stereo facia, hmmm well, at least I can picture it (there's not much point of doing this on a CFI auto) I've also started again on my boot after about 2 weeks of bummin around coz I culdn't be fvcked doing any more, yet the more I do, the more discouraged I get! Oh well I just gotta be patient and keep at it!...
Old 03-20-2003, 04:58   #4 (permalink)
LET EM' RIPPP

hahaha.. that's good to hear guys... some nice mods listed there.

It looks like were all in the same boat, so many ideas, but can't find the time/motivation to do it.

Keep us all up to date with the progress fellas!!!
Old 03-20-2003, 14:33   #5 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

I didnt realise that you had 2.77 gears at the drags doug. Looks like I got some competition on my hands now

Bring it on!!
Old 03-20-2003, 16:38   #6 (permalink)

So many ideas, so little time/money! For the first time ever, I can actually visualise what I want my car to look like when it's finished. I won't bore you guys with the details here. Hopefully phase 1 of the plan will be completed by the next meet.

Ash
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 17:20   #7 (permalink)
E-Series Cameraman

I want a manual now!!! After driving Daniel's I'm hooked. A manual will go in the LTD, it is decided. And it's already got the 3.23 so it should go pretty good :)

I want one I want one I want one I want one!!!! MANUALS YEAH HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHA!!!!

Bah I need a job first... >:|

Alex
The Goodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 17:27   #8 (permalink)
"Steve has a car?"

Kenaz, we want to be bored with the details, what have you got in mind?
Old 03-22-2003, 22:26   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Rmyers
Kenaz, we want to be bored with the details, what have you got in mind?
Ok then, here goes...

17" CSA Gladiator rims or 17" AU1 XR copies
Lower springs than the low ones it has now!
Tinted windows
T5 Manual
3.45 LSD diff
MPI (next mod)
Complete ED Fairmont interior with electric windows
Door pods with 6" splits and covered in velour to match the rest of the interior. Or fitting the two Kicker 8"subs, one in each door.
Momo leather steering wheel
Momo leather gear knob
Custom boot display built around a single 12" sub

Plus there is lots of little things like getting a new front bumper and XR front spoiler. Replacing the fake clear indicators with genuine GT ones. Possibly replacing the red S pack striping with chrome like the Ghia. Doing something about the rear view mirrors (they are colour coded, but very faded and scratched)

If I'm in the position to upgrade to a newer car within the next twelve months only some of this will get done. I'm looking at getting a Supercharged VS Calais V6 :s6:

Ash
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 03:10   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Go Ash! lol.

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons