Ideas for Limited Edition Performance Vehicles - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2003, 02:39   #1 (permalink)
Cheerful Idiot

Ideas for Limited Edition Performance Vehicles

We all know how many bloody Holden limited edition cars there are, but why shouldn't Ford Oz do some of their performance cars, like Ford America seem to do every week with the Mustang? Now that we have some awesome vehicles and have revived the GT and Boss names, why not something that goes back to those days?

These are just some crazy ideas I got why walking around today (I do too much walking, but it's what's keeping me looking like Danny rather than Mr Sparkle)(No offence guys), and could also be used by people wanting to customise their Falcons.

XR8 Cobra

Build 50 of them, all white with twin blue stripes DOWN THE CENTRE, similar to what Mr Photochop did when the XR6's came out.

Give them standard 18's, premium sound, BLUE momo wheel and knob, and white COBRA stitching in place of the XR on the standard leather seats.

Exterior should have Cobra badges/stickers on both sides under the indicators, and on the boot lid. And for the hell of it, give the XR8 badges a blue 8 instead of a red one.

Possibly also a redesigned rear skirt with TWIN PIPES (bloody oath) and you'll be happier than leisure suit Larry...

GT-R (Or something like that)

25 (?) black GT's with dark grey front and rear bits (Like they are now), side stripes in the same colour, and the silver mesh grilles from the GT-P. Have RED GT badges rather than the silver, and standard red Brembos.

Interior, go with the RED momo wheels and shifter, premium sound, red stitching in the seats with red GT (or GT-R) logos. Also, ditch the GT seats in favour of the GT-P’s!

Once again redesign the rear skirt with TWIN PIPES (bloody oath) and stick in 2 vertical wingie thingies like on the Supercar rear skirt.

Any other ideas?

/me goes back to la la land

Ford Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2003, 03:15   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Might be bloody nice if we could get the ones that are supposed to be available first.
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 04:47   #3 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Waste of time and money I reckon. The only thing special Ford needs to bring out is a GTHO.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 05:44   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Cobra
Waste of time and money I reckon. The only thing special Ford needs to bring out is a GTHO.
With a turbine engine and disco ball for grunter????
Old 02-24-2003, 06:35   #5 (permalink)
Copyright �2003

Quote:
Originally posted by John McMaster
... and disco ball for grunter????
I've patented that idea btw, so hands off Happy Jack.

the house of grunt
Click on the above link to go to a site about my cars, old and new.
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 06:49   #6 (permalink)
Dual Exhaust Warrior™

Pure class mate.. pure class!!!
Old 02-24-2003, 17:32   #7 (permalink)
Mercury Silver XR6t owner

i think the cobra would be going a bit far. cant say id go for the bloe stripe thing.but what i would love to see is a monaro competitor. much needed in my opinion. why dont we have one yet ford?
Old 02-24-2003, 18:37   #8 (permalink)
Ford Member

These are always options for later on when demand decreases.

I think 25-50 cobra's would be easy enough to sell.. A dealer could order 25 xr8's white, then do the rest up himself.

GT-R.. Oh how would I like to see the FPV turbo wearing that badge.. keep GT in silver and then the R in red. Black or phantom or blue print only. Maybe they could change the dash led's to red or something as well. Super car spoiler. GTP seats. Six speeder. premium brakes.

How about a XT-R, complete stripper XT, no aircon, no sound, just a 5 speed and either a 4.0 or 5.4L engine. 3.9 rear gears.

How about a Fairmont Ghia Sport, basically a Fairmont ghia with 5 speed or 4 speed auto and the XR6 turbo engine and premium brakes. Or just a fairmont Ghia with a 5 speed.
IPhido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 18:57   #9 (permalink)

i really like the idea of a gt-r and cobra i think they would look hot and in limited no's would have no problem selling.

Problem with the GTHO is it carrys a lot of expectations and is going to require a big budget. maybe a gt-r and cobra could be done to test public reaction to some things in readiness for a HO comeback.

IPhido im not sure about a XT stripper but i like the red dash lights,reminicent of XD ESP days.
61sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 19:21   #10 (permalink)

Re: Ideas for Limited Edition Performance Vehicles

Quote:
Originally posted by Ford Fanatic
XR8 Cobra

Build 50 of them, all white with twin blue stripes DOWN THE CENTRE, similar to what Mr Photochop did when the XR6's came out.

GT-R (Or something like that)

25 (?) black GT's with dark grey front and rear bits (Like they are now), side stripes in the same colour, and the silver mesh grilles from the GT-P. Have RED GT badges rather than the silver, and standard red Brembos.
I'll pass on both... sticking stupid stripes on the car just sounds like a half-arsed attempt to relive past glory. Ford need to do something contemporary.

I'd like to see some cars that bridge the gap between, say, garden-variety Fairmonts and the GTs... for instance, take a Fairmont, pop a subtle kit on (slightly more aggressive-looking bumpers, bigger side-skirts), some bigger rims, engines from XR or above, unique suspension calibration (somewhere between luxo-barge and sport).

At the other end of the scale, it'd be great if FPV built a road-going Supercar.... modify the BA supercar kit enough that it wont get ripped apart on normal roads, but put in a brutal engine in high state of tune, stripped out inerior, etc. Something to rival the HRT 427... ?
kappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons