Injec Engine Management (EM3) for AU XR8 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2005, 00:03   #1 (permalink)

Lightbulb Injec Engine Management (EM3) for AU XR8

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone had some info about the injec Engine management systems (Injec EM3)? Are they any good for $1200?

http://www.injec.com

Even though Im buying one second hand I have found the guy at injec to be very helpful and sounded like he knew what he was talking about and he suggested that due to the ems not controlling the injectors individually (paired into 8 from 4) that this is only for emissions at idle and once past idle the duty cycles of injectors are 270%. is this true?

but I just wanted to get a couple of other peoples opinions on this engine management system for an AU XR8 series 1?

Are there any other systems out there that are cheaper and work as well or better?

any help would be appreciated..

Thanks,
MaxPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2005, 06:22   #2 (permalink)
slikxb

Re: Injec Engine Management (EM3) for AU XR8

You might like to know that INJEC puts his EM3's on ebay quite regulary. I've seen 2 just recently. They are new ones that run DIS, but with no loom ect. I'm pretty sure one of 'em went for about $450- 500. I was keeping an eye on it cause I'm injecting my XB and was thinking of bidding on it. I am now pretty sure I'm going to go the DELCO-KALMAKER route www.kalmaker.com.au.
buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 01:49   #3 (permalink)

Tongue Re: Injec Engine Management (EM3) for AU XR8

Yeah thanks dude, I ended up getting a EM3 from ebay for $640. Im half tempted to get them to install it as they are talking about touching the neg coil wire with module wires which after closer inspection, I believe my car to not have a coil or module as its distributerless. Whats the Kal one like? any good?
what are the benefits?

Thanks heaps!
Old 04-20-2005, 19:08   #4 (permalink)

How long til you are installing the ecu. I am putting a AU v8 with distrib less ignition into my XW and need an ecu. am interested on how well it goes/how efficient it runs etc. cost of tuning. i have the engine in, exhaust 1/2 done. just gotta work out the fuel system then only the ecu and tuning to go.
nvy069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 17:49   #5 (permalink)

I was helping a mate install an EM2 into his car, we have had nothing but trouble, When I called injec to get a bit of help, the guy at there got abusive and hung up on me twice now, not what I would call good customer service. Not to mention the manual he supplies is very out of date and does not include information about the futures the EM2 has, very hard to follow. I called a few of the dealers listed on his web site and they all told me stay away from it, and use something else. For the money I would stick with a better known brand like Wolf 3D or EMS, both have a good support team, and are a better unit to begin with.

Just my 2 cents
Good luck..
tjb45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 03:21   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjb45
I was helping a mate install an EM2 into his car, we have had nothing but trouble, When I called injec to get a bit of help, the guy at there got abusive and hung up on me twice now, not what I would call good customer service. Not to mention the manual he supplies is very out of date and does not include information about the futures the EM2 has, very hard to follow. I called a few of the dealers listed on his web site and they all told me stay away from it, and use something else. For the money I would stick with a better known brand like Wolf 3D or EMS, both have a good support team, and are a better unit to begin with.

Just my 2 cents
Good luck..
Yeah Phils his name. first time i called he spent like 2 hours on the phone with me talking about everything else but the ECU. he said $300 to install including a dyno tune etc.. and considering a dyno is around $150 these days, i spose $300 isnt too bad. Ive already got the ECU now so im stuck with it. for $640 though I could just use it on my 300zx which would suit perfect. even if i just used it for the boost controller. From what ive found is, if you want a stand alone EMS, I would suggest having a manual car. otherwise its just going to be a piggy back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons