Installing BA Side Indicator Lenses On EB - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2004, 00:26   #1 (permalink)

Installing BA Side Indicator Lenses On EB

Well i finally picked up my set of Ba Side indicator lenses and bulbs today to install on the EB. However i have heard it is a fairly hard change over....so before i go cutting shit and wrecking my car i thought i would ask you all for help. I am fairly car illiterate so detailed instructions would be really helpful and appreciated.

I also changed over my Front indicators on the w/e to clear ones (after hours of wondering how the F*ck to get them off i realised i had to take off the whole assembly) And must i say they look really sexy... especially on a black car!!!

Thanks ppls.
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2004, 00:45   #2 (permalink)
wanting 6 gears!

Re: Installing BA Side Indicator Lenses On EB

Its surpose to be AU3 clear indicators onto an EB.

Im sure BA ones would work good as well maybe even better havent seen it done yet so you will have to post some pics.

I did the front indicator thing too on my old ea had to remove the hole headlight to get to the indicator but after uv done it a few times u can do it in like a few seconds.
blinkAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 01:11   #3 (permalink)
Ford Enthusiast

Clear Repeater - EB issues
fair bit of informative stuff there
Old 07-19-2004, 02:44   #4 (permalink)
{';'}

The BA ones are quite different to the AU ones. They don't clip in so easily but there is a way. NZ and TIKFD6 have done this. I'm pretty sure they siliconed them in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
Eh Yagz, suck my left teste mate I'll have boost for $1k, even if it is only 1 pound.

Check my ride, HERE
XRated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 02:56   #5 (permalink)
Experimental Racer#6

We had to shape the plastic molding and to sit the BA repeaters in, they are recessed.
It takes a little work, but looks better in the end.

Yes the silicon is only to seal around the edges.
TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 03:33   #6 (permalink)
White Lightning

sorry to hijack but i was browsing the fordmods parts database for clear indicators and came across 3 parts.

EETVE 13368 A RH Clear Indicator EA - ED
EETVE 13369 A LH Clear Indicator EA - ED
ER13K309B Clear Indicator - Front Guards AU1 Fairmont/Fairmont Ghia

i assume the top 2 are the clear front indicators that came with the xr6/8 and the 3rd one is that side indicator part which i need. i just need clarification. also, do the au1 indicators come with orange bulbs or will i have to buy them myself?
Lukey Extractors, Mandrel Bent 2.5" Exhaust w/ High Flow Cat & 2 Hotdogs, Kings Springs Super Lows, KYB Short Throw Shocks, DBA Slotted Rotors [F], RDA Standard Rotors [R], Bendix Advance Pads, K&N Panel Filter
derb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 03:39   #7 (permalink)
{';'}

All AU III Falcon/Fairmont models had the same clear indicators with orange bulbs. The AU I & II only had the orange lens available to povo packs to XRs, whilst the Fairmont got the clear lens with an orange surround inside - it is not as clear as the AU III style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
Eh Yagz, suck my left teste mate I'll have boost for $1k, even if it is only 1 pound.

Check my ride, HERE
XRated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 03:48   #8 (permalink)
White Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRated
All AU III Falcon/Fairmont models had the same clear indicators with orange bulbs. The AU I & II only had the orange lens available to povo packs to XRs, whilst the Fairmont got the clear lens with an orange surround inside - it is not as clear as the AU III style.
ok so i'll definitely go for the AUIII then. thanks.
Lukey Extractors, Mandrel Bent 2.5" Exhaust w/ High Flow Cat & 2 Hotdogs, Kings Springs Super Lows, KYB Short Throw Shocks, DBA Slotted Rotors [F], RDA Standard Rotors [R], Bendix Advance Pads, K&N Panel Filter
Old 07-19-2004, 07:04   #9 (permalink)
Experimental Racer#6

Derb, just take the time when you put them in so the pointy end faces the front of the car.
Looks dicky otherwise.
TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 07:36   #10 (permalink)
White Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIKFD6
Derb, just take the time when you put them in so the pointy end faces the front of the car.
Looks dicky otherwise.
will do :D. i read that thread and saw that point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons