Ford Forums banner

Instrument Cluster Lens Replacement.

7K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  FPV TURBO 
#1 ·
My BA has a few scratches on the Instrument cluster lens (I think it came like that from new). Neways I bought a new one for and Im just wondering if anyone knows how hard it is to change it and whats involved in doing so. I think you just have to remove the 3 screws above the cluster and pull out but I want to be sure.

Thanks!

#2 ·
Dont know about replacing, but my wifes lancer has a perspex cover on the intrument cluster and had light scratches, so I used Autosol and polished them out, worked great and looks heaps better. (not sure what the BA is made of)

#3 ·
My XR6T had two scratches across the dash perspex as well. I was going to take it back but like Dellboy999, I bought a tube of Autosol and polished them out. Now you wouldn't know they had been there.

#5 ·
FPV TURBO said:
Autosol as in the stuff you polish the chrome bars etc. with???

How much do i use?? how do i apply it??
Yes that's the stuff. It's a metal polish. I just put a small amount on a soft cloth and polished the scratches out, just like you would polish out a scratch on your paintwork.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.