Instrument panel for my XE - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2004, 00:02   #1 (permalink)
xc ute

Thumbs up Instrument panel for my XE

I was offered an xf instrument panel for my xe the other day and wanted to know if it would just plug in. Also will the surround just screw into place.

If so whats the best instrument panel to get. I want something with a tacho in it.

Thnx Chartoo
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2004, 01:26   #2 (permalink)
XD V8 Owner

Re: Instrument panel for my XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chartoo
I was offered an xf instrument panel for my xe the other day and wanted to know if it would just plug in. Also will the surround just screw into place.

If so whats the best instrument panel to get. I want something with a tacho in it.

Thnx Chartoo
I don't think it will be a simple plug in. The XF has a different dash to the XD/XE and the instrument panel will likely be a different size & fit due to different dash.

So if you want the XF panel, you will likely need the whole dash changed over, which may result in some rewiring issue. For starters the XF has an extra speed fan.

Id stick to the XD/XE panel to be sure, they are much more available as the RPM gauge was in all models from S-pac upwards.

Ive made an XD heater box work under an XF dash but not this.

Cheers.

Pics here: http://www.fordgallery.com/showgalle...00/ppuser/7796

Ford Grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 06:45   #3 (permalink)
Falcon 2.. Ferrari 0 hehe

Re: Instrument panel for my XE

plugs are different, and so it wont plug in, also the shape is different... so if you do get the plugs done, the dash wont fit, xf dash, wider, and shorter, also not as deep

XE Fairmont Ghia... Silver/Grey Met over black, soon to be v8, cant wait till i get another v8, after 3 LONG HARD YEARS

http://home.iprimus.com.au/diablo_vt/xeesp.swf
MaD_WoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons