Intake on AUII Forte - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2004, 23:42   #1 (permalink)

Intake on AUII Forte

Hi Guys, new FF member here :)

My exhaust is being done next Monday. I'm just wondering, should I bother with any intake mods? At the moment, shes 110% stock, exhaust is the first thing being done (2.5" cat back) then the usual extractors (havent researched which ones to get yet).

A JMM dev Kit is definately on order, most likely the street fighter one without an engine rebuild, or the dev3HL, but this is definately a while away. Most likely late next year.

I'm only 20, so I'm hoping to spend just enough on my baby so I don't get sick of it, and when I'm 25-26 move into something alot nicer and won't scare the insurance companies. Hopefully rating 1 by then too (touch wood) - currently rating 4.

So yeh. Is there a complete kit I should definately get? As I said, everything is stock, including Air filter, which i'm fairly certain will just be a cheapie one put on by Midas. I've seen a couple popping up on ebay etc.

I'm also kinda confused about the terms Cold Air Intake (CAI) and Air Filter, POD etc.

Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2004, 00:05   #2 (permalink)
AU3 BT1

Re: Intake on AUII Forte

From my experience and what I have also researched on the net and talking with like minded enthusiasts, after fitting an exhaust a wider mouth intake is definately the go. The more air the engine breaths in the more fuel it is fed therefore there is an increase in power. The exhaust will also help the engine expell the spent gases better and faster therefore more power.

CAI is the intake to the filter box. POD is a ram pod which can be fitted into the air box or you can get a turbo pod and box. Air filter is exactly that, it filters the air of particles prior to air entering your engine. You currently run a "cheapie" as you mentioned above.

There are plenty of threads on here about which after market filter is the way to go. Check out the threads and make your own mind up about which filter to go for.

I have fitted a Tickford snorkel to my AU3. $35 from FORD.

Welcome to the forums. Enjoy your stay. Everyone here is so helpful and friendly.
Brisbane Car Detailers We share your passion for cars
scruba is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons

« Oil Usage | Hiclone »