interesting find today - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2004, 22:52   #1 (permalink)
BA XR6 Lightening Strike

interesting find today

hi guys
to anyone who owns a N/A ba XR6 please take off the switches for you fog light switch and the switch that is not used ( unless you got T/C ) and when you have this in you hand have a look behind the disused button.
because i did and found a plug in there with several different wires coming out 4-5 from memory, now i want you guys to have a look there and see if you have a same thing as me befor a get to exited that i just purchus a T/C button and wella.
could the people with the T/C please tell me the colour of the wires and how many there are
thanks guys
or if its not can someone tell me why is the a plug behind it
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2004, 22:55   #2 (permalink)
BA XR6 Lightening Strike

Re: interesting find today

oh and to pop out this 2 button housing just put your fingernail between the dash and the housing and it pops out
Old 07-05-2004, 00:16   #3 (permalink)
Resident geek freak

Sounds like all you have to do is purchase a T/C button and wella. you havea t?c button that does nothing, until you get sensors and associated hardware and software.
jemmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 00:20   #4 (permalink)
THE PHANTOM

The looms are pretty much standard on all of the same model car. Hooking a switch on one end won't do much, unless there is something for it to operate on the other. Im guessing that's what you're thinking of doing.
Old 07-05-2004, 00:42   #5 (permalink)
BA XR6 Lightening Strike

yer its just interesting you have a plug there for nothing, i must just get a plug and see what happens. do you guys TC dont ya how many wires come out of it, it might just look good ther cause the tc button might light up lol
thanks for your help
Old 07-05-2004, 00:50   #6 (permalink)
FPV GT Owner

BA XR6 don't get excited at all for Ford it is cheaper to put the loom in on every car than to only put it in on a few that need it. The funniest thing is the EF-EL Falcons which had the loom for the Rear window washer on all Sedans and was only used on the wagons, but they all still have it there
Old 07-05-2004, 00:54   #7 (permalink)
BA XR6 Lightening Strike

mmm interesting thanks very much for your help, you wonder about ford lol
thanks again guys
Old 07-05-2004, 01:39   #8 (permalink)
Blue Blood

Don't have to worry about much though - its pretty much been explained as to this reason. Actually a service center WDS could possibly enable the TC software. However then you have to find out if you have the brake system that is TC compatible.

45,000km service coming up - and i'll be asking for a sizable list of fixes:
* Gearbox (3rd time)
* Steering click (5th time)
* Brake Shudder (2nd time, and has the applied "Fix")
* etc...
ianmcginley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 02:11   #9 (permalink)
BA FALCON XR6™

Bit like the falcon utes that have the Boot release loom!!!
FPV TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 02:16   #10 (permalink)

If it's the Traction control that you are after then the TCS(Traction Control System) is incorporated in the ABS unit(There are 2 levels of ABS units.1 with TC and 1 without).The TC equiped ABS unit has the addition of a priming valve and a switching valve to allow the brake pressure at the rear wheels to be applied independantly of each other and of the driver.
Now if you wanted to add it to your vehicle you would have to change the ABS modulator assy,enable Traction Control in the IC(Instrument Cluster Module)for the warning light and add the switch to the spare hole under your foglight/accessory light/driving light ,or whatever you call them, switch.You can only do this on a sedan that doesnt have a LSD fitted though.All BA sedans use a 4 channel ABS system so they are compatable for the traction control systems.

Hope this helps

By the way, the modulator assy costs about $2K alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons