Interior BA XR - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2003, 00:19   #1 (permalink)
walking power

Interior BA XR

I recently had the oppurtunity to have a VY SS series 2 ute in my possesion for a day thanks to a really good friend of mine(he only had it for 2 days too).
It was holdens purple colour with purple inserts on the seats and colour coded instruments. Now when i got in this thing i felt right at home straight away as it has a really warm feel to it and was really comfy. Now dont get me wrong i have no intentions of swapping sides as i do feel there are some things in the VY that make it feel a touch messy but you look past that. So what im getting at is, do you think Ford could benefit by introducing a few more splashes of colour here and there, i know they have the colour coded seats as well but the colour is hardly noticeable. I also thought that the VY had a bit more support around the sides compared to the BA.

Also do you think that there should be a larger range of colours to choose from in terms of fabric, as people who order orange or citric acid really only have the choice of grey fabric or leather.

Old 12-19-2003, 01:47   #2 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR

Re: Interior BA XR

i have a BA XR8 Ute i understand your what you are saying. Teza on these forums has a BA XR8 Ute also he was saying the same thing to me about needing more color in the cabin especially if you get leather like we did, no color not even in the seats all black interior. i like it all black he doesn't..
and the outside look of the BA vs VY utes you dont need to ask me wich one looks better..

thx. this thread might get moved to ute forum

PHANTOM BA XR8 UTE, AUTO, UNICHIP, APS TUNED 229 RWKW ET:13.47.

Rods Rocket, Boss n/a 290 Unichip Tuned by APS et:12.6@110 Mph
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 18:07   #3 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

I've never been inside a VY SS ute so I cant coment on the trim,but I do agree that the Trim option's (colour's) in the BA should be lifted a notch or two, Ford seem's to be more conservative toward's the BA ute, where as the Commy ute is more sport's minded.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 19:50   #4 (permalink)

Thats one thing that i'm dissapointed in... I ticked 'leather' and it just makes the interior so bland. Black plastic doors, with black leather inserts... plus, the seats get hot as shit when in direct sunlight for any period of time... would have loved to have had the option to colour code the leather.
Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 20:20   #5 (permalink)
walking power

Well i just grabbed the latest copy of wheels magazine and flipped to the DJR car and saw exactly how i want my interior to be. I know the DJR is a custom made vehicle but its where Ford should be heading in terms of colour options for their interior.
Old 12-22-2003, 01:34   #6 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Can you scan any pic's for us Fordy,I havn't seen the interior of the DJR BA,cheer's.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 01:45   #7 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Having colour in the interior is really comes down to the persons taste. At the Sydney motor show i sat in the VYII with the leather option which has the Berlina spec interior. I must say it was quite nice.

I believe just like the AUII/III that the interiors will be more adventurous in the BAII.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 01:52   #8 (permalink)
FF Town Sheriff

seems that Ford have addressed this issue, or so I'm told........but will wait to see it in the fleash first

" i will own another V8, just what type of body it's in is another question. "
philbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 02:13   #9 (permalink)
X-DM!!

Very good points there Fordy, I totally agree with you. I've noticed as well how a bit of colour in the SS interior gives it that sporty look. Here's that pic Galaxy http://www.fordgallery.com/showphoto...cat/500/page/1
rod c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 17:58   #10 (permalink)
Falcon: Back II Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy
Well i just grabbed the latest copy of wheels magazine and flipped to the DJR car and saw exactly how i want my interior to be. I know the DJR is a custom made vehicle but its where Ford should be heading in terms of colour options for their interior.
Took the words right out of my mouth!! The DJR BA ROX!!
marcos04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons