its all coming together - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2004, 19:32   #1 (permalink)
Fu(kn Slow & Low

Tongue its all coming together

as most of you are aware i bought my Au 2002 6cyl motor about 2 weeks ago, since then i havent done anything to it except remove the aircon, power steering, alternator and a couple of other things, clean the block and get ready for painting, i also bought an ef recond radiator for 130.

well yesterday i thought theres no way im gonna sit on my ass and twiddle my thumbs and hope for the parts to fall into my lap, so after work i called around to pretty much every wrecker in adelaide with pretty much no luck or a ridiculous price (i.e 1200 - 1600 bux). i decided to call aussie auto salvage and i ended up picking up
- Ef thermos (165)
- g/box (495)
- pedal box (110)
- Cable (30)
- Eb flywheel (75)
- rear g/box cross member (20)

all for 895bux, i think it was well worth the hours calling around getting prices and annoying the shit out of people. all thats left is to buy my clutch which will be an xtreme clutch (organic fibre with 900kg pressure plate) for 365bux, spigot bearing, engine oil and filter, top and bottom radiator hoses and serpentine belt.

other plans for the motor before it goes in is to have my extractors and hiflow cat lined up and GRA cam, and the block painted black with chrome rocker cover and a couple of minor things.

my goal is to have it all in before x-mas. what rear wheel kilowatts does every one think ill get with gas.

thanks
Ehab
White 1988 EA Fairmont Ghia ~ Gassed ~ EF camshaft ~ Lowered on super low king springs (not low enough) ~ 2.5inch cat back exhaust system with one muffler ~ Clear indicators ~ Simota POD filter ~ New head built for gas ~ 3.23 open wheeler diff ~ EF XR 16inch rims ~ pioneer deck and rear speakers ~ sony front speakers ~ kyb shocks

driving a 3 speed auto with no second gear!!!
Need PSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2004, 19:44   #2 (permalink)
boosted sleeper

Re: its all coming together

sounds good bro, good to see your getting of your ass for once.

I reckon she'll be capable of around 120-130rwkw. But definitely quicker in an e-series than an AU.
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 01:26   #3 (permalink)

Not bad, i want an AU engine :(
i'm so cheap
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 01:26   #4 (permalink)
Formerly: SmokeEA

nice, cant wait to see results from the mods.
Old 11-06-2004, 04:20   #5 (permalink)
Looking in YOUR bathroom.

oi ehab let me race you now, for i wont be once you-ve 5speed'ed it and cam/head work

Ill take it as a complement i think.............
Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 04:51   #6 (permalink)
EMW ??? Whats missing ?

if u fit a 5 speed.. u need to drill the au sump for the clutch cable to go through.. sounds weird but u will see where it needs to be drilled just would be a price when all installed
3.7 lsd
AU bottem end
ELXR6 ported Head
PH4480 Pacemakers
INJECTED250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 23:59   #7 (permalink)
Fu(kn Slow & Low

What quater mile time should i expect out of it? im going to take it to the drags in the new year, im also not going to thrash it untill the december cruise thats when ill open her up for the first time. i just want to make sure that motor wears in nicely and the clutch beds in. by the cruise i should have atleast my front dba slotted rottors and some good pads on. also i think i have sold my ef xr rims and if i do then im going to buy some 18inch rims for it.

s.a guys my mate said that we can go up to his house in the hills and watch me blow my old motor/trans/tyres if you want. but i was thinking to take it to the burnout comp with 14's on it. would any one be interested?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
oi ehab let me race you now, for i wont be once you-ve 5speed'ed it and cam/head work
yep sure thing, as long as its down a hill then i dont care ill just put a few stockies in the boot just to get my rate of inertia up there abit more.

head work is later on, im going to buy another au head later on and work that, it wont be that quick, i have a feeling its gonna be slow as for some reason (its just in my nature for things to stuff up or not be as good as they are).

btw ill race you for sure, ill force you too, youll still kick my ass!

by the way rick with the Au S3 (NO PSI) said that your car is friggin quick, he said it doesnt sound like it just had exhuast and cam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJECTED250
if u fit a 5 speed.. u need to drill the au sump for the clutch cable to go through.. sounds weird but u will see where it needs to be drilled just would be a price when all installed
would you happen to have a pic of this. im sure the place thats doing the five speed conversion will know what to do. thanks for the tip too, ill have to look into it abit more.

does anyone else know anything else to look out for? i just want to make sure that every thing goes smoothly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
sounds good bro, good to see your getting of your ass for once.
I reckon she'll be capable of around 120-130rwkw. But definitely quicker in an e-series than an AU.
so you going to get off your ass and come to my cruise!
http://www.fordforums.com/showthread...283#post972283

thats the power figure phil said i should get, the first car im going to line up is my dads au S1 dual fuel, i want to see who will win.

Ehab
(also apologise for the big post)
White 1988 EA Fairmont Ghia ~ Gassed ~ EF camshaft ~ Lowered on super low king springs (not low enough) ~ 2.5inch cat back exhaust system with one muffler ~ Clear indicators ~ Simota POD filter ~ New head built for gas ~ 3.23 open wheeler diff ~ EF XR 16inch rims ~ pioneer deck and rear speakers ~ sony front speakers ~ kyb shocks

Old 11-07-2004, 00:05   #8 (permalink)
Fu(kn Slow & Low

by the way phil has some pics of all the goodies, and might still have a pic of the 500+ kw ef! so phil get off your ass and put the pics up.

Old 11-07-2004, 01:01   #9 (permalink)
boosted sleeper

check your cruise thread man.
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons