Ford Forums banner

It's here It's bloody here

3K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  DavoXT 
#1 ·
Picked up my XT V8 manual yesterday and just couldn't stop driving it, like how about 200km before stoping for fuel.
Just one FU@#*:KEN great car, made my ford explorer handle and feel like HQ holden.
The gearbox is miles ahead of my EF XR6 box but the motor is so quite that I keeped stalling it at first.
WILL DONE FORD AUSTRALIA THE BA IS GREAT

#2 ·
Glad you are enjoying it!

#11 ·
Congrats, If I was getting a BA it would probably be an XT V8 :s6:

Book it into an exhaust place to let out that V8 sound, they sound pretty ordinary stock!

#13 ·
Awesome mate, you got yourself a nice sleeper there. Those 5.4L are definitly not down on hp's.

#14 ·
Will done 350km now in two days, this thing grunt's along and over 2000rpm starts to fly.
My mate has had a AU XR8 with (200kw motor) for two years now and ive driven it many a time and i can tell you that the 5.4 is as smooth as silk and even with out given mine full stick (trying to stay under 3500rpm) it walks away in 4th gear between 2000-4000rpm.
I feels as if its got the same grunt as my old 351 XC in top gear.
Now the handling is a little softer than the XR but feels better in the corners even when committed to the corner and come across the odd road kill you just brake hard and go around it when the XR just flatten it (whats that smell).
Its hard to discribe but the hole car just turn in with no delay and feels neutral.
Not like my EF XR6 when taking a fast corner you had to wait till the arse end catchers up.
Well it need's a new exhaust but i have to run that one past the little women first, but still goes well with the stock pipe and iam not sure about the warranty side of thing's on exhaust.
Trip computer is great shows between 9-14lit per 100km at 130kph with a avg of 11.
Had a hard time getting the CD disc in, my fault you should read that bloody driver manual first but haa you have to stop driving to do that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.