Ford Forums banner

ITS HERE ITS HERE - And How will spend $

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Black Kat 
#1 ·
Well got the call from my dealer - THE BEAST IS HERE !!!

Brief description as ordered

1. BA Falcon XR6 NA SSS with Lux Pack, Power Pedals, Rear Air Bags, Mats, Spats, Headlight Protector, Bonett Protector and weathershield. + Interior/Exterior Protection Package + WIndow Tint

The "protection package and tint" were an added $2000!!!! -

After reading all the material on this and other forums I dicided to ditch these two options and will spend the saved $$ on some improvements.

What I would like to do
Cold Air Kit
K&N Filter
Cat Back Exhaust
Unichip
Extractors

I would anticipate about 10-15% more kws

BUT (there is always a but ) - company car --> have to keep it legal etc etc

So here it goes

Lower Grill
Scuff Plates
Boot Scuff Guard
Boot Liner
Boot Carpet
Fog Lamp Covers
Aftermarket tint ($250)
Aux Audio Socket
Pollen Filter
Dashmat
Rear Sunshade
Mobile Phone Presenter
Prestigae Plates with covers
Leather Console lid
Footlamp Illumination
Aftermarket paint protection - company requirement ($300)

Still leaves me over $850 to spend!!

You think I can get a cold air kit with filter and a catback for $850? May get a few kws

Some Pics soon after rolling off the truck

See less See more
#3 ·
lkooks the goods, very classy in black.

as for $850, i know Falkeen put a GT style airbox/intake onto an AU XR8 for around the 300-350 mark, so perhaps you should investigate that? otherwise SS inductions make one very bloody big intake - shane3 has one (i think).

Cat back - dont be expecting major gains, but the sound will be quite noice!

#6 ·
Very nice. Looks like my beast but yours is better.
With mine I want to do the alarm first (damn dodgy bastards near my work) then lower it and do the stereo. Later down the track I want to get a 2.5 catback and maybe the intake depends on what fords stance is with mods as I want to keep my warrenty.

#8 ·
Get Cold Air Intake And Headers, Get The Cat Back Later You Well Get More Out Off Headers Than Cat Back...
Well Done On Your Ba Xr Nice Car...

#9 ·
headers wont do much (if anything) on a car unless the catback isnt that restrictive, if ur going to get headers you might as well get the full exhaust...

#11 ·
headers will do more 1st up than a cats back.....been involved in testing of pacemakers with rod for the last 3 months..
we just done my brothers AU 6 with a nice set of pacemaker comp series headers last time he ran his stock AU with a CAI he done a 16.2 with the change only of the headers he best last week 15.8 soon he well get a cats back leaving the original cat on...let you know how it goes ....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.