Its just getting worse - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2004, 21:18   #1 (permalink)

Its just getting worse

Driving down coburg yesterday to get my canary off i enterd a roundabout planting it half way through it tranny dropped from fourth to first and all that bloody dev-5 power sent me into 4 tank slappers and then finally into a parked vl commodre on the other side of the road. THe 4.11's didnt help the situation either. neway bonnet, right front quarter, front bar, front rail, radiator, transcooler, grille, front bar support, air con, headlights, indicators, and what eva else is located in the right front quarter of the car all need replacing plus some panel work and im not sure if the engine mounts have moved or not. if it wer'nt for the bloddy transcooler i coulda drove home having lost all my fluid, she wont start neway coz the fan is jammed up hard against radiator, does ne1 recomend ne panel beaters in melb and how much am i looking at for parts etc.....? i sure hope my dev-5 baby is ok
1994 White ED Futura Classic, clear front indicators, au2 clear side indicators, 95mm ride height obtained via king springs, camber kit, fairmont velour interior, 5" monster tacho, au2 17" xr8 rims, alpine mp3 deck, pioneer ts-d 6.5" front splits, 8" pioneer rear speakers, 50x4rws pioneer amp, 12" mtx thunder 8000 dvc sub, alpine mono block sub amp, k&n pod filter, 4.11's lsd, jmm dev-5 kit
EDFPV-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2004, 21:28   #2 (permalink)
macca

Re: Its just getting worse

Thats tough luck mate....good luck with getting her back running!!!
SlAmMeD_fAlCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 21:46   #3 (permalink)
Are we there yet?

Have you got insurance??

If you are going to do it under insurance, I have some bad news. That will be a write-off.

I was the 3rd car in a 3 car nose-tail crash, and the middle car (ED XR6) had what sounds like a bit less damage than your car in the front alone to write it off.

But how do you do 4 tank slappers leaving a roundabout without backing off the throttle??
95 EF Fairmont 5.0 - Heritage Green - 4 Speed auto with AU S5 - 3.23LSD - 17x8" LWT Wheels - King Superlows - 76mm Cobra MAF - 65mm throttle - BPT Underdrive Pulley Kit - 3" Mandrel-bent Lukey exhaust - Tinted Windows - MP3 CD player - White faced dials.

117rwKw - 15.47@89.9MPH
Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 21:50   #4 (permalink)

no 3rd party only its not going through them i just hope its calssified as a repairable write off
1994 White ED Futura Classic, clear front indicators, au2 clear side indicators, 95mm ride height obtained via king springs, camber kit, fairmont velour interior, 5" monster tacho, au2 17" xr8 rims, alpine mp3 deck, pioneer ts-d 6.5" front splits, 8" pioneer rear speakers, 50x4rws pioneer amp, 12" mtx thunder 8000 dvc sub, alpine mono block sub amp, k&n pod filter, 4.11's lsd, jmm dev-5 kit
Old 01-06-2004, 23:23   #5 (permalink)
Experimental Racer#6

What was the Canary for?
Dont Drive like a dick!
TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 23:29   #6 (permalink)
gone

And the parked car?

Sounds like your proud of your driving style?
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 00:22   #7 (permalink)

neva said i was proud mate, i bought the parked car for $450 which saved me hassels
Old 01-07-2004, 01:11   #8 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

Sorry but im not familiar with the term 'tank slapper' haha. Care explaining it please? :s5
Old 01-07-2004, 01:22   #9 (permalink)
Fu(kn Slow & Low

did it look good atleast??? jokes!! not a good time for jokes though, so what was your cannary for, i almost got one last week for tyres, i had 2 cannary's in a month both 4 tyres!!! the second cop wasnt too impressed when i told him that i just got off defect for tyres.

my cousin was driving one of our relatives vs commy wagon and we wrote it off... well he did, he was driving, put it into 4 trees at 60+km every panel was rooted except for the two passenger doors, same with windows too all smashed except for them two, that was scary shit.

how does buying the car save hassels???

hope you werent hurt at all, and hope that dev5 pumping biatch is gonna be alright.
White 1988 EA Fairmont Ghia ~ Gassed ~ EF camshaft ~ Lowered on super low king springs (not low enough) ~ 2.5inch cat back exhaust system with one muffler ~ Clear indicators ~ Simota POD filter ~ New head built for gas ~ 3.23 open wheeler diff ~ EF XR 16inch rims ~ pioneer deck and rear speakers ~ sony front speakers ~ kyb shocks

driving a 3 speed auto with no second gear!!!
Need PSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 04:02   #10 (permalink)
WHAT THE?

damn that sucks man. Hope you get it all fixed up soon. EA_GHIA - sounds like he bought the VL cause it was a shitter anyway.
SPHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons